You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Closing Threads to Comments?

edited February 2011 in Area 51
In Response to Re: Closing Threads to Comments?:
Probably cos it was bordering on the truth
Posted by debdobs_67
+1

Comments

• edited February 2011
     I just find it odd that you can directly accuse the site of being dishonest but not have an informed debate,  I dont really understand why the thread concerning RNG's was closed.

Whether peoples perspectives are rght or wrong they have ther right to express them, no?  An individual has the right to have a thread stating "this effing bullcrap site is rigged to fook, every hand I play turns to ash" blah blag blah.  But a topical debate is shut down? Why?
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    Probably cos it was bordering on the truth
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Superb!
  • edited February 2011
     I cant see how anyone can say that a thread "as run its coarse" if people are still posting on it in a civilised manner.
     If the thread had run its coarse then people would have stopped posting on it and it would not have to be closed down, if people had become uncivil they could have been warned then as a last resort the thread then should have been closed. This was not the case with the RNG thread as it was an intelligent discussion about a very complex subject.
     I have never doubted Sky Poker as I am a very trusting person, but Bernies actions have got even me asking myself why would they have closed the thread when clearly people still wanted to discuss the topic in a grown up sensible manner.
     Maybe Bernie will come onto this thread and explain.
  • edited February 2011
    Well that was what I was hoping for.  The question in the OP wasnt't meant to be rhetorical.
  • edited February 2011
    The thread was as you say, complex but interesting. I was careful to keep my comments in a general sense and not specifically aimed at any one site. The subject of the Alderney GCC came up because we are constantly referred to their site if anyone questions the validity of the cards on Sky. I felt there were some points that needed raising relating to that and emailed the AGCC. They were, and still are being evasive in giving me answers to my questions. The Sky management may not like that but I would have thought they should address that with the AGCC, after all they with TST certify the RNG.

I don't think they have done themselves any favours on this one.
  • igeige
    edited February 2011
    The thread was as you say, complex but interesting. I was careful to keep my comments in a general sense and not specifically aimed at any one site. The subject of the Alderney GCC came up because we are constantly referred to their site if anyone questions the validity of the cards on Sky. I felt there were some points that needed raising relating to that and emailed the AGCC. They were, and still are being evasive in giving me answers to my questions. The Sky management may not like that but I would have thought they should address that with the AGCC, after all they with TST certify the RNG. I don't think they have done themselves any favours on this one.
    Posted by elsadog
    +1 on this and on all of the above comments.perhaps sky might like to inform us why they closed the thread.i would like to know,it was a very interesting thread and very civil.
  • edited February 2011
    You know, I think I've decided not to let this issue go.

So direct question to Mod Bernie: Why was the RNG thread closed?  Saying a thread has run it course isnt really true, nor if it was true is it a justification for moving and closing the thread to comment.  All the back catologue of threads would seem to have "run their course"  by the fact that they are inactive, some for over a year, yet remain open to comments.

Under what criteria was the RNG thread closed?  Their is no profanity or abusive language.  Under what guidelines have other threads been closed in the past?

Closing the thread merely caused more speculation and introduced a moments pause for thought, even for those who had no real belief or interest in the subject.  So an offical response would be very welcome.
  • edited February 2011
    I THINK IT IS EXTREMELY OUT OF ORDER AND VERY BAD CONSUMER CARE THAT THIS QUERY HAS BEEN LEFT UNANSWERED.  WITHOUT TRYING TO SOUND AMERICAN, YOU'VE TOTALLY DENIED PEOPLE THEIR FREEDOM TO SPEAK IN A CIVIL MANNER.  I FIND IT DISGRACEFUL THAT A TOPIC HAS BEEN BLANKET BANNED AND I BELIEVE MANY PEOPLE FEEL THE SAME WAY.  I WILL BE CONTACTING SKY POKER WITH THE SAME QUESTIONS AS THE EARLIER POST TO SEE IF THEY ARE HAPPY TO GIVE ME (US) AN EXPLANATION.

YOU SIMPLY CANNOT DENY CUSTOMERS THE RIGHT TO DISCUSS ELEMENTS OF A PRUDUCT.  THE WAY THIS DISCUSSION WAS CLOSED WAS VERY ODD, AND THE REFUSAL TO EXPLAIN IT IS DOUBLY SO.

Frankly, I think it stinks.
  • edited February 2011
    Sky poker is massively under-staffed imo.

The people that run it, and the forum, always seem to be "really busy" - Yet nothing ever gets done.

Employ more people.
  • edited February 2011
    I really dont think thats it bud.  Mod Bernie found the time to immediately post on other threads so I think this is a batter of selection, rather than time related issue.  I also sent a PM to Bernie with the associated information
  • edited February 2011
    I really dont think thats it bud.  Mod Bernie found the time to immediately post on other threads so I think this is a batter of selection, rather than time related issue.  I also sent a PM to Bernie with the associated information
    Posted by AMYBR

Good luck with that. If your questions are about thread closure, I'm sure you will get answers. If it relates to the RNG then I don't think Bernie or anyone at Sky can answer, simply because they probably don't know. Anything relating to the checks they make can only be answered by the people who provide the certificate and software, and they don't want to tell us.

If I remember correctly you invited Sky management to comment on the original RNG thread. The first comment they made was that it had ''run it's course'' and they closed the thread.

• edited February 2011
    Yes, I was only interested in the reasoning (or lack of) behind the closure of your thread
  • edited February 2011
    All quiet on the western front  :o)
  • edited February 2011
    Anyone else surprised this was never answered?
  • edited February 2011
     I cant see how anyone can say that a thread "as run its coarse" if people are still posting on it in a civilised manner.  If the thread had run its coarse then people would have stopped posting on it and it would not have to be closed down, if people had become uncivil they could have been warned then as a last resort the thread then should have been closed. This was not the case with the RNG thread as it was an intelligent discussion about a very complex subject.  I have never doubted Sky Poker as I am a very trusting person, but Bernies actions have got even me asking myself why would they have closed the thread when clearly people still wanted to discuss the topic in a grown up sensible manner.  MAYBE Bernie will come onto this thread and explain.
    Posted by Donut64
    More likely he will just close this thread aswell.That after all is 
    the easy way out.