You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Alan irvine gone from SWFC.

thank god for that, failed with his job last season and started failing with the job this season. lets hope we can get a guy in who knows what hes talking about and play some good football. weve got the squad to do it. dont like some of the names being banded around though lol. personally john sheridan for me, a wednesday legend and doing a top job at chesterfield, will they let him go, unlikely but can he really turn down the opportunity!?

what other owls think? or blades for that matter.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    About time too, he should have gone a while back.

This squad of players should be doing much better, automatic promotion at least.

As for who next, I wouldn't want Megson.

Sheridan is a legend but i'd hate him to come and fail. I'd be happier if we waited a few more years for him to come in with more experience.

• edited March 2011
    Looks like we couldn't put a decent team together if we combined both squads at the minute. Ha well it will be good to have the Sheffield derbies back again next season. As for your next manager I will not say FTB as Sheffield needs successful teams their fans deserve it so whoever it is good luck to him or maybe her well you never know and wouldn't want to state that a woman cant manage a professional football team especially with a girls name like Wednesday!

Regards the Pig
  • edited February 2011
    It's looking like it's going to be Megson. I'll get behing him no matter what, seems like WBA fans loved him anyway.

He loves the club too which is a positive.

As for the blades, you really do look like you're in trouble this season.

Would be nice to see the derbies back again whichever league we're both in.
  • edited February 2011
    As a BLADE hurst lad, i think that manderich is the wright chairman for your club due to he wont mess around with managers if there not doing there job BOOM there gone. Now you've got megson i hate to say it but megson and manderich worked well at Leicester together. What you think.........
  • edited February 2011
    although the signing of megson hasnt got me jumping for joy ill back him and if the results are good thats all that matters. i still think we will make playoffs, and from there with the teams that are going to be in it, it really is a lottery, we need to sort out our form vs the top teams, its shambolic.
  • edited March 2011
    What do you think now Mr Hurst having given him a few matches to settle in? Play-offs hmmm may stay up though just!
  • edited March 2011
    We're down at this rate tbh.

Every time I go I think to myself....."we can't be as bad as last time" in a way that's correct because we somehow manage to get worse lol.

Up until this season I had never left a match early, and i've seen us play some awful football. This season like last night i've left early four times.

Really can't see us winning another game at this rate.

The players don't seem bothered, the manager hasn't got a clue. He keeps swapping and changing players every match. Our defence and midfield are all over the place.

Out of last night Buxton and JJ played well, the rest of them I wouldn't even call footballers.
  • edited March 2011
    Bad Bad times for football in Sheffield Acid
  • edited April 2011
    Do you think you will survive this season ?

I can see it being close for you, but i'm not predicting anything in that league as anybody can beat anybody.

As for todays match, I've lent my season ticket to a mate who has lost his job, he's taking his son. I really can't say i'm going to miss going tbh.

• edited April 2011
    Good result for your lads bad ones for us even though we didn't play (Palace 3pts). 
    7 points adrift 8 if you include GD no mate I think we have had it although if we can win all our home games and away at Preston there may be a slim chance of survival but I wouldn't put any money on it.