You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's £15k Gtd Bounty Hunter

Does anyone know if/when the final table will be shown on tv ? The tournament finished too late for it to be shown on the live programme. Thanks.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Tonight's £15k Gtd Bounty Hunter:
    Does anyone know if/when the final table will be shown on tv ? The tournament finished too late for it to be shown on the live programme. Thanks.
    Posted by arniesarmy
    Hi arniesarmy, congraulations again on the quick heads up win ;)

Im not sure they ever show conclusions from past events on future programmes, never seen that myself for the few months ive been watching. Only just missed as well! 00:06 it finished! You wud think rich and tikay cud hang on a few mins eh! way past tikays bedtime i guess.

And tbh id be kinda glad it wasnt shown! although the all in semi bluff looked terrible once you had turned your cards over im still unsure how badder move it was in the circumstances, early into heads up i figured aggression was key, never played heads up before really so was out of my depths even moreso!

337563487 - my 5 6 spades VS arniesarmys Q 3 diamonds. Check out the hand guys n gals if you didnt see it, but please be kind lol! As i say i thought arniesarmy was being aggressive to blind steal so i thought a call with suited low connectors was ok, i hit a gutshot straight draw and a backdoor flush draw and liked the look of it, i was where i was from straight draws coming good for me all the way through so maybe that had a bad influence but i check it, and i read the low 1/3 pot size bet as a weak continuation bet, so without too much dwelling through fatigue and overwhelmedness (if thats a word!) I jam all in hoping for a fold. I put him on a mid pp or ak or a weak queen, hoped not aq but never thought he had 2 pair. Now i look back i see that at that point he had already put 1/3 of his stack in so the jam wasnt the strong scare move i thought at the time with 3 secs dwelling and a snap gutshot bluff, the fact id played the final table pretty tight didnt factor in either cos he had 2 pair. So your thoughts guys?

As i said briefly in my email read on the show im new here, but to poker as well, learnt rules and started watching just 8 months ago, been playing for £ on here for just over 1 month so im was delighted when i got a bounty! then moreso when i got into the final 60 and set to cash! then unbelievably so when they read my hand and showed my hand (which btw they kinda got wrong, i called turn to hit diamond and if not check fold if he fired again, i was scared of queen when i hit low straight). But to make the final table was just unreal, especially as i was 10th out of 11 at one point. So the heads up was always going to very tricky for me, never played for more than 2 hours so 4 and counting was killing me! lol

Just a shame my fave hand jack 9 lost, i thought janana never lose, TommyD was correct on that btw, got it from the world cup of poker when this crazy croation called it janana, lol.

Sorry for such a long post but to finish id like to thank the guys who railed us on the final table, and to those that chatted with me throughout, zero tilt, no bad beats, lucky rivers, it all added up to a dream first tournament for me, dont feel like a runner up :)
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Tonight's £15k Gtd Bounty Hunter:
    In Response to Tonight's £15k Gtd Bounty Hunter : Hi arniesarmy, congraulations again on the quick heads up win ;) Im not sure they ever show conclusions from past events on future programmes, never seen that myself for the few months ive been watching. Only just missed as well! 00:06 it finished! You wud think rich and tikay cud hang on a few mins eh! way past tikays bedtime i guess. And tbh id be kinda glad it wasnt shown! although the all in semi bluff looked terrible once you had turned your cards over im still unsure how badder move it was in the circumstances, early into heads up i figured aggression was key, never played heads up before really so was out of my depths even moreso! 337563487 - my 5 6 spades VS arniesarmys Q 3 diamonds. Check out the hand guys n gals if you didnt see it, but please be kind lol! As i say i thought arniesarmy was being aggressive to blind steal so i thought a call with suited low connectors was ok, i hit a gutshot straight draw and a backdoor flush draw and liked the look of it, i was where i was from straight draws coming good for me all the way through so maybe that had a bad influence but i check it, and i read the low 1/3 pot size bet as a weak continuation bet, so without too much dwelling through fatigue and overwhelmedness (if thats a word!) I jam all in hoping for a fold. I put him on a mid pp or ak or a weak queen, hoped not aq but never thought he had 2 pair. Now i look back i see that at that point he had already put 1/3 of his stack in so the jam wasnt the strong scare move i thought at the time with 3 secs dwelling and a snap gutshot bluff, the fact id played the final table pretty tight didnt factor in either cos he had 2 pair. So your thoughts guys? As i said briefly in my email read on the show im new here, but to poker as well, learnt rules and started watching just 8 months ago, been playing for £ on here for just over 1 month so im was delighted when i got a bounty! then moreso when i got into the final 60 and set to cash! then unbelievably so when they read my hand and showed my hand (which btw they kinda got wrong, i called turn to hit diamond and if not check fold if he fired again, i was scared of queen when i hit low straight). But to make the final table was just unreal, especially as i was 10th out of 11 at one point. So the heads up was always going to very tricky for me, never played for more than 2 hours so 4 and counting was killing me! lol Just a shame my fave hand jack 9 lost, i thought janana never lose, TommyD was correct on that btw, got it from the world cup of poker when this crazy croation called it janana, lol. Sorry for such a long post but to finish id like to thank the guys who railed us on the final table, and to those that chatted with me throughout, zero tilt, no bad beats, lucky rivers, it all added up to a dream first tournament for me, dont feel like a runner up :)
    Posted by Janana
    Well played mate. Thought you handled the final table very well. I don't often play on Sky, but do try and play the occasional 8pm tournament when I can..... and this was my first win !

There wasn't much wrong with your play in the heads-up hand. I would have probably played the hand exactly the same if I had missed the flop (maybe slightly larger bet on flop), you were just unlucky that I hit it so hard.

Good luck for future tourneys, hope we get to play again on another final table some time soon !