You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU MTT did i play this correct?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok i had come back from 30/70 defecit to similar ahead, the person wasn't a bad player but definately felt i had the upper hand. they had got to the point of shoving pre or shoving flop, firstly i limp because any raise was shoved on so was the best way to play them so i limped a few hands which she checked majority of the time. When they shove i half think i may be ahead, if im not i think i have outs with a queen,5, flush so i call
YOUNG_GUN Small blind   500.00 500.00 69380.00
BabyPeanut Big blind   1000.00 1500.00 31120.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q

YOUNG_GUN Call   500.00 2000.00 68880.00
BabyPeanut Check        
Flop

BabyPeanut All-in   31120.00 33120.00 0.00
YOUNG_GUN Call   31120.00 64240.00 37760.00

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Don't like limping, especially if you have the momntum in the game. 

It's a rubbish hand, dump it.

Im not calling a 15xpot jam, theres gonna be loads better spots than this if they continue 2 shove pre and jam flops.

Also your description of the villain as a good player is obviously wrong - good players don't make these kind of moves.
  • edited February 2011
    Didn't say he was good jj, but not terribad imo

whats your opinion of the HU match as an outsider? any tips for me be interested to see another point of view but i felt pretty much in control, the above hand was the only one which wasn't really
  • edited February 2011
    I think I'd fold, although it's a tricky one.

If you feel you're a better player though, there are way better times to get your money in than second pair with a Q-flush draw. It's not an awful play, but again if you feel you have an advantage I would wait for a better spot.
  • edited February 2011
    RAISE OR FOLD PRE, AS PLAYED.........FISH
  • edited February 2011
    i love the subtlity nick!!, hu you def wanna wait, esp if he is shoving on you pre and post flop you got 64 bb so you got loads of time, you gonna feel pig sick if you double him up with q5!!!
  • edited February 2011
    Yep i completely agree at the time i thought would be closer but after working out pretty bad especially as i had the edge so no need to be flipping, well worse then flipping

my opponent had 2 pair 63 and i binked the 5, but thought he could do with overs or other hands that im ahead of, obviously couldnt put him on the two pair but my odds of winning at best were 30% assuming all my outs were live