You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KK in SB - one caller - flop 9QQ - NL4

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Guys and Gals,

This one threw me a little as i was never really sure where I was. Player was seeing quite a few flops and was a bit passive - had only seen 20 or so hands tho.

How do we play each stage - as usual i will ad each stage after answers.

Cheers
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
X5-494 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.30
tapeworm Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £6.78
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

djs72 Fold     
garybrfc31 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £4.08
ELVIS Fold     
r Raise  £0.08 £0.18 £3.80
X5-494 Fold     
tapeworm Raise  £0.28 £0.46 £6.50
garybrfc31 Fold     
r Call  £0.24 £0.70 £3.56
Flop

• Q
  • Q

tapeworm ??     

Comments

• edited February 2011

Bet to get value from hands with a 9 in, PP's, TJ, xxdd maybe even AKo.

And see what he does,

Any history on how he plays his monster hands? - Does he slow play till the river and then jam? Will he call 1 and go for value on the turn?

Does he ever raise the flop with monsters? - With flush/straight draws? 

Do you check the hand histories on hands you aren't involved in that go to showdown? - Can really help in these situations as the hand develops.

• edited February 2011
    no history of monsters - i had no notes on him either.

Id seen him show a few double face cards -KJ, QJ etc, but also some bad starting hands that he had called a raise pre with - typical 4nl starting hands A rag, 3,4s etc.

dont think id seen him raise pre either yet either - but i was multi tabling 3 tables so cant be so sure.

regarding the HH - yes ive started doing that since I found out you could a few months ago. Need to use it more though
  • edited February 2011
    bet until he raises
  • edited February 2011
    Bet around 60p, also at this level after a limp and minraise you can raise a LOT bigger as players will often never fold after limping so when they raise they'll pretty much snap off any bet. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    ok so I bet out to get value from any trailing hands and see his reaction. he snap calls. What now?
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

djs72 Fold     
    ELVIS Fold     
    r Raise  £0.08 £0.18 £3.80
    X5-494 Fold     
    garybrfc31 Fold     
    rCall  £0.24 £0.70 £3.56
    Flop

• Q
    • Q

tapeworm Bet  £0.53 £1.23 £5.97
    rCall  £0.53 £1.76 £3.03
    Turn

tapeworm ??   
  • edited February 2011
    You have to think he may have AQ or 99 even worse QQ here if he is snap calling, check/call he may have A9 at this level, I think if he shoves its an easy fold IMO.
  • edited February 2011
    if he snap calls you think he has the nuts, really?

I think very different, I would go more with TT/JJ/A9, and he's snap calling to try and show strength in some obscure way.

I don't think he has a Q here- AQ/KQ/JQ figure to be in his range, but I'd rule out 99, and think he's more likely to have an inferior holding. The snap call at low limits always looks like a draw/weak holding/floating looking for weakness. I'd probably check, give him the rope and see what he does with it. But I don't think folding is much in my thoughts yet.
  • edited February 2011
    what stands out to me is the 2 diamonds. he poss could have suited connectors, hoping to hit. i get that alot in nl4.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: KK in SB - one caller - flop 9QQ - NL4:
    what stands out to me is the 2 diamonds. he poss could have suited connectors, hoping to hit. i get that alot in nl4.
    Posted by Scottomus0
    right this is important............not for the reason you think tho
  • edited February 2011

i checked because i had no idea where i was. I knew a 9 and a 4 in his hand and he would call....leaving me open to a steal with more money in the pot by me - NL4 players are quite able to shove here. I dont think a raise was wise - discuss

Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

djs72 Fold     
    ELVIS Fold     
    rRaise  £0.08 £0.18 £3.80
    X5-494 Fold     
    garybrfc31 Fold     
    rCall  £0.24 £0.70 £3.56
    Flop

• Q
    • Q

tapeworm Bet  £0.53 £1.23 £5.97
    rCall  £0.53 £1.76 £3.03
    Turn

tapeworm Check     
    rCheck     
    River

tapeworm ??     
  • edited February 2011
    as lol_raise says, just keep betting, u need to maximise as much profit as possible from these hands
  • edited February 2011
    should have folded on that flop especialy on sky you know you are gonna get skrewed
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: KK in SB - one caller - flop 9QQ - NL4:
    bet until he raises
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    and i would agree in a perfect world......however this is nl4, there is more than a possibility this guy has the quenn - its a face card and they love playing them

the above is really important to get your mindset into - NL4!!!.....i raised, so  Q is highly possible......oh and the reason the diomonds were so important is - and this is obv my fault - i hadnt noticed them because i was too preoccupied with the queens - otherwise i would of bet the turn......who else saw that??? - genuinly.....major leak of mine
  • edited February 2011
    the fact there are 2 queens means there's less chance he's got one, just coz the flop comes qqx, you bet and get called, doesn't automatically mean he has one.

the snap call normally means 9x, JT KJ KT etc or a flush draw, maybe even an underpair as these are all seen as auto calls by players at this level, where as with Qx he may pause 2 decide whether 2 raise

the 4c is such a beautiful card you have 2 bet again