You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good Play or Luck?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Im playing a 2/4p cash game and i say to myself getting a little tired so make this last hand. Then i look down and i've got the cowboys. The guy im playing has just bust out and has been fairly aggressive so im taking it that he is on tilt pritty much. I was just wondering if i played this hand well, or did i just win the hand by luck. Were my bet sizes correct etc.

Cheers guys Jim

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceredeyeraffSmall blind £0.02£0.02£0.68forrest126Big blind £0.04£0.06£1.56 Your hole cardsKK   Wylie16Call £0.04£0.10£4.29mrs_baltiFold    JIMMYMADRaise £0.28£0.38£3.16redeyeraffFold    forrest126Fold    Wylie16Call £0.24£0.62£4.05Flop  A89   Wylie16Check    JIMMYMADBet £0.36£0.98£2.80Wylie16Call £0.36£1.34£3.69Turn  7   Wylie16Check    JIMMYMADBet £1.01£2.35£1.79Wylie16Call £1.01£3.36£2.68River  Q   Wylie16Check    JIMMYMADAll-in £1.79£5.15£0.00Wylie16Fold    JIMMYMADMuck    JIMMYMADWin £3.10 £3.10JIMMYMADReturn £1.79£0.26£4.89

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Fine u won pot so played perfect, if they call and have ace then u play bad :)
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Good Play or Luck?:
    Fine u won pot so played perfect, if they call and have ace then u play bad :)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Usually young gun when i have KK someone will bet into me on the flop with this ace high flop and this is were my problems occur so i thought id lead out on this one. Correct move?

• edited February 2011
    i wouldnt bet the turn tbh. i dont think theres that much vakue and it sucks to get c/r'd off our hand
  • edited February 2011

Your flop bet is fine, and ofc it is correct to C bet vs one opponant.

I also dont see much value in betting the turn. If he has an ace he calls, if he has made a flush he calls/raises. In fact you are lucky to get a call on that board on the turn from anything you are beating. Ofc you can hit the nut flush on the river, but i doubt you would get paid much.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Good Play or Luck?:
    Your flop bet is fine, and ofc it is correct to C bet vs one opponant. I also dont see much value in betting the turn. If he has an ace he calls, if he has made a flush he calls/raises. In fact you are lucky to get a call on that board on the turn from anything you are beating. Ofc you can hit the nut flush on the river, but i doubt you would get paid much.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    yea i cbet v one opponent make a delayed cbet multi-way on the turn if no one shows an interest.
  • edited February 2011
    I don't think I'd bother betting river. By that time I'd think it highly likely he has the A, and if he doesn't- he's unlikely to call. If he does he's probably not laying it down, he's checked- check behind with strong showdown value.

Turn is the most interesting- it brings out the nut flush draw to you, but you don't want to get raised allin there, since you know you're gonna have to hit the river. He's given you the free card, I'd take it and evaluate the river- it gives him a chance to make a bluff at the river, and you can get there cheaper.

You won the hand so wp, but I think checking the turn, then calling any river bet is the best option. Flop and preflop was perfect IMO.
  • edited February 2011
    I would have slown down on the turn and river, at 4nl so many players see A2+ as a monster hand not even considering they maybe out kicked and suited connectors are very much over valued too making this a dodgy board for your KK.

You took the hand down so WP
  • edited February 2011
    I'd check it down when the flop hits. Worst turn possible for you. I'm not sure why you bet, so why did you bet the turn?
  • edited February 2011
    I bet the turn trying to rep the flush drew, throughout this hand i put the villain on an Ace. Was i right to put the guy on an Ace?
  • edited February 2011
    you were right, and wrong.

Definitely right to put him on the ace, because everything he did screamed raggy ace- but wrong to try and represent anything (IMO). Representing hands at 2p/4p is a surefire way to bankrupt yourself- players simply don't care. If they have a 'hand', which could mean anything from bottom pair to a straight flush, they will most likely call you. If they have bottom pair on a 4 flushing board, they'll call. If it's a 5 flushing board, they'll call if they're playing the board- same with a full straight. Representing almost never works.