You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Something Different...... for a change

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
In light of some of the recent threads that have been started I thought I would post up a thread that's a little of the beaten track, so to speak.

I just watched David Vamplew win the EPT London event.  Great come back after losing the big pot to Juanda.

Also great job on the Commentating as usual James.  You and the young American kid,  ( Name Escapes me ) as brilliant together. 

Well Done David.

I know, I know... what the hell does Poker have to do with this Forum.  Sorry if I upset anyone by posting this sort of thing on the forum 

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I approve of this thread muchley :)

Agreed. Great work by Mr hartigan.. He's taking over the word don't you know. 
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Something Different...... for a change:
    In light of some of the recent threads that have been started I thought I would post up a thread that's a little of the beaten track, so to speak. I just watched David Vamplew win the EPT London event.  Great come back after losing the big pot to Juanda. Also great job on the Commentating as usual James.  You and the young American kid,  ( Name Escapes me ) as brilliant together.  Well Done David. I know, I know... what the hell does Poker have to do with this Forum.  Sorry if I upset anyone by posting this sort of thing on the forum 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Was it daniel negreanu?
  • edited February 2011
    Pity that the thread that James originally started on this mysteriously disappeared without any explanation though.
  • edited February 2011
    I saw that - very good show by David. James' co-commentor was William Reynolds (himself an awesome player). I've been trying to remember what the awful joke was that William told haha
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Something Different...... for a change:
    I approve of this thread muchley :) Agreed. Great work by Mr hartigan.. He's taking over the word don't you know. 
    Posted by LML
    Terry Christian is leaving the show?! ;-)

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Something Different...... for a change:
    In light of some of the recent threads that have been started I thought I would post up a thread that's a little of the beaten track, so to speak. I just watched David Vamplew win the EPT London event.  Great come back after losing the big pot to Juanda. Also great job on the Commentating as usual James.  You and the young American kid,  ( Name Escapes me ) as brilliant together.  Well Done David. I know, I know... what the hell does Poker have to do with this Forum.  Sorry if I upset anyone by posting this sort of thing on the forum 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Are you saying this because he's a scottish ;oD

xx

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Something Different...... for a change : Are you saying this because he's a scottish ;oD xx
    Posted by TRIP5

Absolutely,  But I would also say it if any of the English players won it.  

I spent 6 hours watching Dan Brown playing at the Final in Manchester.  Sweating every time he put a chip in the middle.  I so wanted Dan to take it down. He's English I believe ;o) I give support to those I think deserve it whatever their nationality 

I always love to see good Poker played by anyone........  

( except Team Donkey Plop Obviously,  Hate to see them win anything ;o)   )
  • edited February 2011
    I approve of this thread muchley :) Agreed. Great work by Mr hartigan.. He's taking over the word don't you know. 
    Posted by LML
    WHICH 'WORD'IS HE TAKING OVER ???? LOL
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Something Different...... for a change : Absolutely,  But I would also say it if any of the English players won it.   I spent 6 hours watching Dan Brown playing at the Final in Manchester.  Sweating every time he put a chip in the middle.  I so wanted Dan to take it down. He's English I believe ;o) I give support to those I think deserve it whatever their nationality  I always love to see good Poker played by anyone........   ( except Team Donkey Plop Obviously,  Hate to see them win anything ;o)   )
    Posted by JockBMW
    Close....he is from Doncaster! which is the pride of Lancashire according to DoH x too many H's
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Something Different...... for a change : Close....he is from Doncaster! which is the pride of Lancashire according to DoH x too many H's
    Posted by MAXALLY

Is that near the Doncater in Yorkshire then?

• edited February 2011
    The boy done good

Thought he might get intimititated by Juanda but after getting lucky with that club on the river to stay in and double up he kept his nerve - just hope the Rugby players can do as well today 

I,ve not learnt my lesson from previous years and have gone and backed Scotland to win in the Six nations again
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Something Different...... for a change : Is that near the Doncater in Yorkshire then?
    Posted by elsadog
    Didn't know Yorkshire was in Scotland.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Something Different...... for a change : Didn't know Yorkshire was in Scotland.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Technically everything is in Scotland. 

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Something Different...... for a change : Technically everything is in Scotland. 
    Posted by JockBMW
    That would explain Global Warming - we are all being Deep Fried