You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lost my customer!

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Any advise here on how I may have kept my customer, bet half pot on turn and he folded. Should I have checked the turn? I was trying to build the pot as sure he had a hand.

No reads on the other player seemed to be playing standard game no limping raised when entered a pot, he did get up set with my turn bet as he called me a lucky fish! So he may have had a high PP and no hearts which is not hard to work out.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceBENDOG40Small blind £0.15£0.15£31.75neville01Big blind £0.30£0.45£32.92 Your hole cardsKQ   haidyboyRaise £1.20£1.65£36.15waynecCall £1.20£2.85£38.31spdbrkrFold    BENDOG40Fold    neville01Fold    Flop  9JQ   haidyboyBet £2.40£5.25£33.75waynecCall £2.40£7.65£35.91Turn  6   haidyboyCheck    waynec???    

Comments

• edited February 2011

I don't think you're getting called twice by a hand that you beat.

But it's deffo best to bet the turn, quite meaty, and charge 2p/set's to draw to their house.

Fiver and change, then similar on the river if he checks to you, and the board doesn't pair.