You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was my bet on the flop too small? Did I play this wrong

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
daz69 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.61
LeghornF Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £1.96
  Your hole cards

jugglegeek Raise   £0.20 £0.26 £1.50
Fenstar Fold        
daz69 Call   £0.18 £0.44 £3.43
LeghornF Fold        
Flop

• J

daz69 Check        
jugglegeek Bet   £0.44 £0.88 £1.06
daz69 Call   £0.44 £1.32 £2.99
Turn

• Q

daz69 Check        
jugglegeek Check        
River

daz69 Bet   £0.66 £1.98 £2.33
jugglegeek Call   £0.66 £2.64 £0.40
daz69 Show
  • K

jugglegeek Muck

daz69 Win Straight to the King £2.44   £4.77

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Dont think you did a lot wrong here. Playing a good hand from position is not always easy !

Strong preflop bet built pot nicely, and although you hit it was always a dangerous board  with a variety of drawing cards against you. His check made your betsizing difficult, potsize was fine.

It would have made it easier if he had checkraised then a good overbet would have taken it down.

You obviously saw the danger on the turn by checking behind, many good players would have put a few chips in there to find out where they were, and getting deeper into the hand. But a free card gave you the chance of pairing the board.

His value bet on the river was small enough to make you think you had the odds to call, but I guess you knew you were probably behind at that point, particularly with 3 diamonds on board. It would have been a good fold. For you to reraise and represent the flush youself was pointless as he did not have enough chips behind for you to get it through.

Just one of those things I think.