You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ruddy ISP's whats the chances of me getting my BI back (from ISP not sky)

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
OK this is the most tilting situation for any poker player.

You buy into a tournament, and play your heart out, not playing awesome poker, but good poker and holding your own. 40 mins in your ISP's servers go down, its 10 to 1 in the morning so their lines are shut.

Lines are back on 40 minutes later youve busted out your tournament in the worst possible fassion, BLINDED OUT because you where unable to play.

Anyone think i can get first place prize off my ISP for the hassles?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Is it the first time?

if not i,d get my ISP changed - so frustrating
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: ruddy ISP's whats the chances of me getting my BI back (from ISP not sky):
    Is it the first time? if not i,d get my ISP changed - so frustrating
    Posted by MP33
    2nd time first time i wasnt in any tournaments and they proved the problem to a flood i got 2 months free internet. Id change but im stuck in a contract *sigh* Sky has such a good offer right now.

However this time as i was playing i just wounder if i can push them to give me the first place prize of the tournament as an appoligy?
  • edited February 2011
    if it is that bad Don your ISP would be in breach of contract. Maybe try an ombudsman.....

Imagine running deep in something really big, then your connection goes out like a light. Not good.
  • edited February 2011
    I doubt you can get first place of them as there is no gurantee, plus you play like ae donk :)

go for the buy in back anything else is a bonus, run better donny don don don don don
  • edited February 2011
    A couple of years ago, I had the same thing, spoke to sky my ISP. and they couldn't find any fault. For some reason I rang BT. I ended up talking to the local exchange, They found an e mail dated 3 days before, saying at the time I lost connection, they were shutting the area lines down for some repair work approx 2 hrs.
         The bloke actually read the e mail to me word for word.
         At the end of it all.  BT did not feel any obligation to notify customers.  (Well out of order)
    My phone line is with sky now, but that wouldnt have made any difference, cos sky just rent it from BT and rent it or let it, to me.
        I just gave up after ringing BT, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of trying to get something from them.
         The worst thing is, I was in a big satelite. When I lost connection, I was 5th or 6th,  out of about 27 remaining. 20 qualified and 21st got about £40.
    I thought I might be lucky and get £40 without being there, or qualify.
    When I checked a couple of hours later. Worst thing possible, I'd bubbled in 22nd.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to ruddy ISP's whats the chances of me getting my BI back (from ISP not sky):
    OK this is the most tilting situation for any poker player. You buy into a tournament, and play your heart out, not playing awesome poker, but good poker and holding your own. 40 mins in your ISP's servers go down, its 10 to 1 in the morning so their lines are shut. Lines are back on 40 minutes later youve busted out your tournament in the worst possible fassion, BLINDED OUT because you where unable to play. Anyone think i can get first place prize off my ISP for the hassles?
    Posted by The_Don90
    I'd say no chance unfortunately (assuming you're using ADSL). It's just not a guaranteed service. That's why businesses don't use it in mission critical situations where they could lose large amounts of money if it went down.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to ruddy ISP's whats the chances of me getting my BI back (from ISP not sky):
    OK this is the most tilting situation for any poker player. You buy into a tournament, and play your heart out, not playing awesome poker, but good poker and holding your own. 40 mins in your ISP's servers go down, its 10 to 1 in the morning so their lines are shut. Lines are back on 40 minutes later youve busted out your tournament in the worst possible fassion, BLINDED OUT because you where unable to play. Anyone think i can get first place prize off my ISP for the hassles?
    Posted by The_Don90
    STOP

playing your heart out