You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

omaha dym bubble.

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok in ths hand ive limped in either to hit diamonds or a J.

Only thing i can be worried about is 45 right?

Opinions?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceThe_Don90Small blind 50.0050.002125.00xBig blind 100.00150.003600.00 Your hole cardsJ2KJ   liguifiedFold    tidypieceFold    The_Don90Call 50.00200.002075.00xCheck    Flop  7J3   The_Don90Bet 150.00350.001925.00xCall 150.00500.003450.00Turn  6   The_Don90Bet 375.00875.001550.00xAll-in 3450.004325.000.00The_Don90????

Comments

• edited February 2011
    45 or flush draw, if they have made a straight you still have outs to house up so i would call

• edited February 2011
    This decision depends on the other players stacks and how active the shover had been.

If he is an active bully and the other stacks are similar to mine, i guess i call.  But, i'd be happier to call if i had other draws to hit, in addition to a fh.

If there is a really short stack, i snap fold.

To be honest, i am usually folding this. (no shock there!)  I would need other draws to go along with my set to be more comfortable in calling an all in on the bubble.

I always prefer to get my monies in first. Hate calling on the bubble of a dym. Obviously cant be avoided sometimes, but on this occasion, i think it can... Just.

Hoggers (the ooober nit)
  • edited February 2011
    More NLO, oh dear.  Sorry I just don't like NLO where as I love PLO.

We need to know everyone's stack size in a DYM, it is the most important piece of information you can have for these.

As it stands it looks like a fold.  I do not bet the turn here, I look for a cheap river and cross my fingers for a pair up.  Also bet more on the flop, at least pot.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: omaha dym bubble.:
    More NLO, oh dear.  Sorry I just don't like NLO where as I love PLO. We need to know everyone's stack size in a DYM, it is the most important piece of information you can have for these. As it stands it looks like a fold.  I do not bet the turn here, I look for a cheap river and cross my fingers for a pair up.  Also bet more on the flop, at least pot.
    Posted by TommyD
    i cannot honestly remember playing this dym.
  • edited February 2011

You've played the hand very meekly. Pre flop limp out of position troubles me as x can have literally anything here so it's hard for you to read him even based on how you know he has played earlier.

You have to be more agressive on the flop. 150 is way to small IMO (but then the pot should be bigger already).

The turn is interesting. It's possible he's trying to protect a lower set than your jacks, given the size of the overbet. However, most likely scenario (without any extra info on the other player) is that he's hit his straight and has practically beat you into the pot in his excitement. Or he could be putting you to the test for all your chips with nothing more than a flush draw.

If he has the straight you have 10 outs, so you don't have the odds.....It likely comes down to your read of the player and the remaining players stack sizes.

Tough spot that would have been easier if you'd been more aggresive early on.