You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

help with bank roll please

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
okay been playing poker 4 a couple of months now and after being liad off from work plan to play alot more and would like to now the best way to bank roll and how many tournaments you guys play a week going to start at the low end first any help would be great.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Yo,

It really depends, if you want to take seriously i think 50 or even 100 Buy ins is recommended for tournaments

it depends how comfortable you are and how much experiance you have? i have a habbit of ignoring even when low and just play what i know i can beat, but then again its high variance this tourney malarky

Good luck
  • edited February 2011
    Don't play with any money u can't afford to lose !!  You prob dont need the added pressure at mo , like any of us!!

If you can afford to lose, say £100 in a month, work out where you feel more comfotable & get best results, cash mtt or sit n go's!

Cash, am not great, but a more experinced player would prob suggest a level say 2p/4p so £4 max buy in to start, or 1p/2p £2 max buy in!
    again if you do well over a longer period move up a level or to!

I prefered to learn early in tourneys, & low DYM [double your moneys]

The mtt's are good, take advan of the rebuy freerolls, lots of £1/2 buy-ins, again if you do well, maybe treat yourself to one of the 8pm main events once a week [bout £11 min]!!

This advice maybe over or under your budget but taylor to suit, but back to main principal....

Don't play with any money u can't afford to lose !!

gl, run well, read the clinic, and other threads, hope this helps!
  • edited February 2011
    hi there, don't know if you've read Irishrovers blog on BRM it is as always excellent advice
  • edited February 2011
    thank you 4 advice guys hitman that all sound about my level thanks again hope to see you at the tables the last table hopefully
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: help with bank roll please:
    hi there, don't know if you've read Irishrovers blog on BRM it is as always excellent advice
    Posted by scouse_red
    yep , all irish's blogs are good reading !!!