You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

huge odds but stack to call is it correct?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
OK below is my third hand after sitting. I should fold pre but i felt i had posision on two opponents which im pretty capable of using.

Obviously i flop NFD c-bet + caller gives me 3-1 on my money. However against a re-raise is it correct still to call.

On the turn i think its a pretty obvious stack, £30 in pot and £6 to call, opinions?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebSmall blind £0.05£0.05£10.75BAGGPUSSBig blind £0.10£0.15£10.50 Your hole cardsA4   sexincityFold    aRaise £0.20£0.35£25.36xCall £0.20£0.55£5.04The_Don90Call £0.20£0.75£9.60bCall £0.15£0.90£10.60BAGGPUSSFold    Flop  697   bCheck    aBet £0.80£1.70£24.56xCall £0.80£2.50£4.24The_Don90Call £0.80£3.30£8.80bRaise £2.85£6.15£7.75aCall £2.05£8.20£22.51xCall £2.05£10.25£2.19The_Don90Call £2.05£12.30£6.75Turn  10   bAll-in £7.75£20.05£0.00aCall £7.75£27.80£14.76xFold    The_Don90????

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I'd prefer if you re-raised on the flop with the intention of getting it in there

As played i call
  • edited February 2011
    pretty much dream flop when you play A4 suited. re-raise flop, or as played re-jam over the guys raise. if you dont hit it on the turn your basically being asked to put your stack in on a bare draw (albeit the nut draw) with only 1 card to come even though your getting amazing odds im still unhappy. Jam it in flop, the pots juicy, the implied odds are massive with the amount of money you can win. take away any tricky decisions, see how they like that. 

p.s. lol at player 'x' calling off 60% of his stack
  • edited February 2011
    i dont know why you didnt just post the full hand detail fella, we know you called, well you should have called with those odds.
  • edited February 2011

If you're gonna play A4 suited you've got to call with these odds.

• edited February 2011
    ARGH DON DON DON

you say you have position which you can use- then proceed to donk call off your stack on a draw like a fish!!!

Use your position by putting in a chunky reraise after the c-bet and call! You have a brilliant draw, now put some bloody fold equity into it too!

After you call, and b does your work for you, RAISE THEN!!! the pot is plenty big, put the pressure on, see if they fancy dancing and give yourself 2 cards to hit your heart instead of 1. Now you've missed your heart, and are forced to call off your stack instead of taking the pressure off yourself, and giving the tough decisions to your opponent.

NFD on flop=get as many chips in ASAP before the turn
  • edited February 2011
    personaly i dont like calling off my stack on the river with nuthin but a flush draw you never gonna make profit that way
     . if as played i would be annoyed with myself of how i played it and fold. You rarely get the price to call for a flush after the flop thats why its better to raise rather than call.......also i bet you have less outs than you think with so many callers on the flop...not a great spot imo
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: huge odds but stack to call is it correct?:
    personaly i dont like calling off my stack on the river with nuthin but a flush draw you never gonna make profit that way  . if as played i would be annoyed with myself of how i played it and fold. You rarely get the price to call for a flush after the flop thats why its better to raise rather than call.......also i bet you have less outs than you think with so many callers on the flop...not a great spot imo
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    ive just looked at this hand. I cant remember a think of last night, and this hand falls into that category. No wonder i lost loads last night playing like this.
  • edited February 2011
    def bet the flop, show some strength, at worst it can act as a blocker bet!!