You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Help with Cash Bankroll at 5/10 level. Please!!!!!!!!!!

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi there i have decided to start playing cash and have decided to play 5p/10p level. Now i notice the max buy in is £20. So how much do u reckon i need to start with. Is £600 ok, as that is 30bb. Any help regarding this would be much appreciated. Thanks Carl.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    buy-in for £10, then you can start with 300.

If you are going to buy-in for £20, you may as well play 10/20 imo.
  • edited February 2011
    £600 br and started playing cash, come join me at nl20!!!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Help with Cash Bankroll at 5/10 level. Please!!!!!!!!!!:
    £600 br and started playing cash, come join me at nl20!!!!
    Posted by pod1
    You may regret that pod! Ive played hotweals at the mtt tables and he is no mug novice donkafish! I reckon he is trying to cut out the jokers in the 2p/4p tables, but what he doesnt know is, the difference between 2p/4p players and 5p/10p players are they are the same but just bigger bankrolls (sometimes) lol. As for hotweals question - £600 is plenty for this level thats about what i have and generally play this level and 10/20 when drunk lol.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Help with Cash Bankroll at 5/10 level. Please!!!!!!!!!!:
    Hi there i have decided to start playing cash and have decided to play 5p/10p level. Now i notice the max buy in is £20. So how much do u reckon i need to start with. Is £600 ok, as that is 30bb. Any help regarding this would be much appreciated. Thanks Carl.
    Posted by Hotwheals
    You mean to say youre going to sit down at a 5/10 pence level with £600 , this is a joke right? its not quite aprils fools day ....You need to revaluate otherwise some players may get annoyed you sitting in with so much,.upto you entirely but I think its a bit extreme....

Maybe sit in the 5/10 levels with £30-60 max...again though some players are different. Whuilst you may think that sitting in a cash table with more money than ure opponants has some sort of pyscological edge on them it doesnt actually mean youre going to win more take "TOM DWAN AT PLO" for example ..He always sits in with more than his opponants..

Sitting on a 5/10 p cash table with £600 is not goin to work,..although if its not capped then you can sit in with whatever you like.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Help with Cash Bankroll at 5/10 level. Please!!!!!!!!!! : You mean to say youre going to sit down at a 5/10 pence level with £600 , this is a joke right? its not quite aprils fools day ....You need to revaluate otherwise some players may get annoyed you sitting in with so much,.upto you entirely but I think its a bit extreme.... Maybe sit in the 5/10 levels with £30-60 max...again though some players are different. Whuilst you may think that sitting in a cash table with more money than ure opponants has some sort of pyscological edge on them it doesnt actually mean youre going to win more take "TOM DWAN AT PLO" for example ..He always sits in with more than his opponants.. Sitting on a 5/10 p cash table with £600 is not goin to work,..although if its not capped then you can sit in with whatever you like.
    Posted by AJW1976
    Eh? what u on about!
  • edited February 2011
    Think AJW has misunderstood in some way, but personally if your just starting at cash why not start at 4p/8p ( max pull up is £8 not £20) which is well within your BR and you can play quite comfortably there.

if you find yourself winning over a period of time and your BR is increasing then move up. It would also be easier to play 2 tables at 4p/8p. Less boring than playing one table at 5p/10p

GL
  • edited February 2011
    over cristmas i put in 60 quid and a month later i have turned it into 500 just playing NL10 and failed attempts on tourneys plus took my 60 out :) i had a lot of holidays around that time so i was able to cencentrate on poker, 600 is plenty for NL20 imo but once you hit less than 500 youd need to step down to NL10...

...600 is a great starting roll play 2 tables NL10 and see how you do and go from there

• edited February 2011
    ajw, you can only sit down with £20 at that level not 600!!! what he is saying is  , is he br to play at that level and take the hits that moving up a level or 2 might chuck at him. the answer to that question is yes. please take my comment hotweels with a pinch of salt, it was said in jeest and was never ment to be demeaning in anyway. like yourself i only started playing cash recently (nov) but had played over 700 mtts on here let alone other sites. like you i didnt want to start at nl4/8 and went straight to nl10. after a mnth i moved onto nl20/30 and drunk 50. if you are a solid mtt player and are rolled for it nl10/20 will be well within your grasp. good luck and i am sure we will meet on the tables   phil
  • edited February 2011
    600 is more than enough. 

gl.
  • edited February 2011
    Simply play 2 CASH 300 tables on a saturday night and pray you run like god,brm ftw ;o)
  • edited February 2011
    Hi there guys, thanks for the responce. It means a lot. I have taken in all the advice and i will take it onboard. Tried it out with £10 to for the first time this afternoon on 5/10 and came of with £72 so not a bad start but i aint stupid to not realise this wont be the case all the time. Thanks once again and phil no offence taken mate you sound like a sound bloke and ime sure i will see you around the tables for a few battles in the not to near distant future.
  • edited February 2011
    Simply play 2 CASH 300 tables on a saturday night and pray you run like god,brm ftw ;o)
    Posted by debdobs_67
    erm..... really?
  • edited February 2011
    i think debs was avin a bit of a laugh ploopy, ob ment 1 table at nl600
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    Must admit when i did go to the ept london some guy came and sat down with like 3k cash , this was on a capped buy in table of 250 max i think ,and no one seemed to give a flying hoot.Was i the only one to notice these things i wonder??

I didnt question it and no-one else did either and the reason i didnt question it was because he was giving his money to me that easy....

people think its real tough and manly to sit in capped tables with more than the buy in amouints..

I get what was said earlier about the 600, max buy in of 20 ,but some people got no idea about cash tables .Whats more importantly is that if its capped at a certain price then thats the buy in max ure allowed and no more,unless of course u want to rebuy back in.
  • edited February 2011
    Must admit when i did go to the ept london some guy came and sat down with like 3k cash , this was on a capped buy in table of 250 max i think ,and no one seemed to give a flying hoot.Was i the only one to notice these things i wonder?? I didnt question it and no-one else did either and the reason i didnt question it was because he was giving his money to me that easy.... people think its real tough and manly to sit in capped tables with more than the buy in amouints.. I get what was said earlier about the 600, max buy in of 20 ,but some people got no idea about cash tables .Whats more importantly is that if its capped at a certain price then thats the buy in max ure allowed and no more,unless of course u want to rebuy back in.
    Posted by AJW1976
    Obv level imo :)
  • edited February 2011

is true thou no reasin to lie m8....;)