You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Blind on Blind deepstack river third to nuts, with a rough read im beat

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok as you can see i didnt want to squeeze with the QJos, if he calls i dont think it plays well against his range.

Anyways i flop Q high flush draw and decide to see if hes got a club and if so how strong. Now i figure on the flop he does one of 2 things with a big club,

A) He jams,

B) he calls down to hit.

He proceeds with B, now im unsure what to do next, I turn my J and decide to bet again to maybe scare off a bigger FD. He calls and the river comes to a flush.

He checks to me and i suspect him of having the A or K of clubs, am i entitled to check back in this situation with the pot already slightly over inflated.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexSmall blind 40.0040.004195.00The_Don90Big blind 80.00120.007900.00 Your hole cardsQJ   lufc9Fold    IRISHROVERFold    yojiFold    SussexFold    xCall 40.00160.004155.00The_Don90Check    Flop  548   xBet 80.00240.004075.00The_Don90Raise 240.00480.007660.00xCall 160.00640.003915.00Turn  J   xCheck    The_Don90Bet 480.001120.007180.00xCall 480.001600.003435.00River  10   xCheck    The_Don90?????

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Played well througout for me, weak flop bet that you make a strong raise to. Solid no wimpy turn bet. No need to bet river as you don't get called by anything you beat imo maybe the Jack clubs but that is super thin. 1600 is plenty check and most likely win. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    See i put a small value bet in here, like 700.

If he had the A or K of clubs he would normally bet the river imo.

He could pay u off with a lot of things thinking ur bluffing. If he raises then you know your beat. I dont agree with dudeskin that only j of clubs calls. have you not seen random people in these deepstacks? you could easily get a call from 1 pair here, or a small flush.

Also Don, you havent told us about the villain... any reads? EDIT, just seen the title.... Well if you have a rough read you are beat, check!!! durrrr (but surley no harm putting in 700 odd to try to get called by a worse hand, just in case your rough read is wrong!??

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Blind on Blind deepstack river third to nuts, with a rough read im beat:
    See i put a small value bet in here, like 700. If he had the A or K of clubs he would normally bet the river imo. He could pay u off with a lot of things thinking ur bluffing. If he raises then you know your beat. I dont agree with dudeskin that only j of clubs calls. have you not seen random people in these deepstacks? you could easily get a call from 1 pair here, or a small flush. Also Don, you havent told us about the villain... any reads? EDIT, just seen the title.... Well if you have a rough read you are beat, check!!! durrrr (but surley no harm putting in 700 odd to try to get called by a worse hand, just in case your rough read is wrong!??
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Greg i had no reads as such, my read was based on how the hand was played ill show results later.
  • edited February 2011
    Check all day. If you raise, any club is going to at least call and if you get reraised you can't call.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Blind on Blind deepstack river third to nuts, with a rough read im beat:
    Check all day. If you raise, any club is going to at least call and if you get reraised you can't call.
    Posted by Mohican
    Wouldn't this mean a bet is a better option?

As there are 5 times he will call and we will win, and only 3 cards he can have that beat us?

If we're playing %ages and we KNOW he calls with any club, we have to bet?
  • edited February 2011
    Misread hand, didn't see he had Qclubs which obviously changes things a lot.lol
  • edited February 2011
    lol, yea, it makes it a closer decision, but do you still check behind?

I think I would but only because I'm not certain he calls with the bare 2/3/6 of clubs - and withthe action in the hand, it's v unlikely he has them anyway.

But I've seen people on sky call off with top pair here.
  • edited February 2011
    i dont like the way you played this hand, i think JQ Plays pretty well against his range when he completes, as played if your read is a higher club then just check behind you have got 2 streets of value if your wrong, i would have to bet/fold this river id make it Greghogg size 700 sounds good
  • edited February 2011
    lol, yea, it makes it a closer decision, but do you still check behind? I think I would but only because I'm not certain he calls with the bare 2/3/6 of clubs - and withthe action in the hand, it's v unlikely he has them anyway. But I've seen people on sky call off with top pair here.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I would still check behing because it's a limped pot pre and A/K clubs is easily in his range. He's called twice and you've got two streets out of him if you're ahead and lost the minimum if you're behind.