You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Another tournament suggestion with a poll

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Ok with the sucsess of last nights deep stack i got thinking. A number of people suggested a few things in the chatbox i wont take credit for these and should they wish to suggest then they can post themselves.

However i was thinking what does other site have over sky. And this is what hit me

A) Antes

B) H4H

all been requested before and again im not going to push for these as although i think theyd make a massive differance its up to sky.

My suggestion is something that i know at least one other site is so much better than sky in.

Deeper Stacked tournaments.

Say we have a tournament thats a deep stack just now which we do, we get 12 minute blinds wth 5000 starting stack.

I played in a tournament the other day, on a differant site and i think sky could learn from this.

3000 starting stack. 30 minute clock.

Have say 3 different start times throughout the day

One say a lunchtime teaser

A Tea time one

And a Night-time one

As the nature of how this would work and the lenth of time involved i think it would be differant players in each tournament keeping it fresh.

Still a reasonable Garentee onto it and you have a tournament worth playing i think.

Ill let the players be the judge of that however so ill add a poll

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Another tournament suggestion with a poll:
    Ok with the sucsess of last nights deep stack i got thinking. A number of people suggested a few things in the chatbox i wont take credit for these and should they wish to suggest then they can post themselves. However i was thinking what does other site have over sky. And this is what hit me A) Antes B) H4H all been requested before and again im not going to push for these as although i think theyd make a massive differance its up to sky. My suggestion is something that i know at least one other site is so much better than sky in. Deeper Stacked tournaments. Say we have a tournament thats a deep stack just now which we do, we get 12 minute blinds wth 5000 starting stack. I played in a tournament the other day, on a differant site and i think sky could learn from this. 3000 starting stack. 30 minute clock. Have say 3 different start times throughout the day One say a lunchtime teaser A Tea time one And a Night-time one As the nature of how this would work and the lenth of time involved i think it would be differant players in each tournament keeping it fresh. Still a reasonable Garentee onto it and you have a tournament worth playing i think. Ill let the players be the judge of that however so ill add a poll
    Posted by The_Don90
    DANGER DANGER.

antes ftw.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Another tournament suggestion with a poll:
    In Response to Another tournament suggestion with a poll : DANGER DANGER. antes ftw.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    yea again i think for a tournament like this Antes would help, however i just suspect that asking for too much in a short space of time will get us ignored for a while, so get everything that need improving going.

Also those who voted needs tweeking can you suggest improvements and we can obviously discuss what would need improving on.
  • edited February 2011

!!! and late reg for say the 1st 3/4 levels.....

Just read the other thread and kudos to Adam for implementing the changes he has.

Its good to listen sometimes :)
  • edited February 2011
    !!! and late reg for say the 1st 3/4 levels..... Just read the other thread and kudos to Adam for implementing the changes he has. Its good to listen sometimes :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    late reg would certainly be something that could be used on this kind of structure i think

Good call mate.

Also +1 to Adam implementing the changes he has.
  • edited February 2011
    100% late reg on the 8pm tourneys esp i constantly miss out

and defo a good idea to impliment antes in sky tourneys, more fun and strategic ...got my vote

p.s i allways hated h/h, pkr has h/h for every level the prize money rises like every 10 mins ridic, scrap h/h for ever, suppose its important for tourney reg
  • edited February 2011
    !!! and late reg for say the 1st 3/4 levels..... Just read the other thread and kudos to Adam for implementing the changes he has. Its good to listen sometimes :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    which thread can i find the latest changes in plz
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Don,

This subject has come up before and I agree with most of it, but not in every tournament.
    I would suggest that Sky Poker implement a very good structured event and introduce antes to that and bring in h4h, only on the cash and final table bubbles. In most of the tourneys here, the pace is quick enough, so no need for antes in them. You could have a bi-monthly tourney, with 30 min blinds 5000 /10000 stack(at whatever buy-in) and run antes after level 3/4.
    Might work might not but any tourney would need patronage by us the players for Sky to experiment. Tyhey have tried to keep us all happy with ideas from us but some have gone by the wayside when the numbers dropped off.

col
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Another tournament suggestion with a poll : which thread can i find the latest changes in plz
    Posted by scouse_red
    Hi Scouse
    I've just pasted all the info from sky adam into my post:

Link Here (All the Info) 
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Don, This subject has come up before and I agree with most of it, but not in every tournament. I would suggest that Sky Poker implement a very good structured event and introduce antes to that and bring in h4h, only on the cash and final table bubbles. In most of the tourneys here, the pace is quick enough, so no need for antes in them. You could have a bi-monthly tourney, with 30 min blinds 5000 /10000 stack(at whatever buy-in) and run antes after level 3/4. Might work might not but any tourney would need patronage by us the players for Sky to experiment. Tyhey have tried to keep us all happy with ideas from us but some have gone by the wayside when the numbers dropped off. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    i wasnt suggesting it for every tournament.

Hense why i suggested this tournament. It could start without Antes or H4H and then would be great to use as a test dummy because of its structure.
  • edited February 2011
    why antes on a six seater mtt? this is fine when there are over 1000 entrants on ten seater tables, and this would speed things up, but seriously how long do the normal tournies take without antes? I would guess at shorter than the big tournies on the big sites that use antes, so no not for me with the current configuration!
  • edited February 2011
    don t change anything.that s why skypoker is the best.if u want antes go back to another site.gl
  • edited February 2011
    could we also not make the payouts so top heavy.but yes i agree with a lot that has been said above antis would be good but like loony says 10 seaters are needed and a lot more players than between 50 to 100 imo.del
  • edited February 2011
    could we also not make the payouts so top heavy.but yes i agree with a lot that has been said above antis would be good but like loony says 10 seaters are needed and a lot more players than between 50 to 100 imo.del
    Posted by DELTA
    Sky did try the 10 seater format for a while, after lots of players asked for them but after about a month or so numbers dropped off and now most days they are lucky to get 10 players.  FYI these are the ones that Acebarry advertises most days.

Steve
  • edited February 2011
    don t change anything.that s why skypoker is the best.if u want antes go back to another site.gl
    Posted by martin111
    I think people are missing the point.

I wasnt advertising Antes. Yes id like them but their not essential.

This thread was meant to be about having another tournament. Bigger and longer. This would later allow for antes as a guinea pig tournament because of a 30min blind structure.
  • edited February 2011
    dont like the idea of antes on mtt, although, in the freerolls that loads of people sit out in, it could work and sort that out  
  • edited February 2011

Don,

You'd need to explain something to me, serious question.

You want a 30 minute clock - yup, lovely, for those that like that sort of thing, nice & slow, sleepy sleepy. Fine by me, too, as it happens. It could happen at the press of a button, it's that simple, But "demand" might be an issue. It would be low entry fee, bacause, largely, that's what this Site does, & would last for 6 or 7 hours - how many would want to do that every night for £100 first prize or whatever?

More to the point, a 30 min clock is designed to slow the Tourney down, yup? And Antes are designed to speed Tourneys up, yeah?

You get my drift? Seems a bit of strange logic to tie those two together.

H4H - it IS in the pipeline, or "road-map" as it's called, but it's a bit down the line. Bigger, better, more important things are scheduled ahead of it.

The whole Site is evolving, but it does not happen overnight. That's the penalty with being with a young, home-grown, site, like Sky Poker. It's also the benefit, as we grow together.
  • edited February 2011
    Don, You'd need to explain something to me, serious question. You want a 30 minute clock - yup, lovely, for those that like that sort of thing, nice & slow, sleepy sleepy. Fine by me, too, as it happens. It could happen at the press of a button, it's that simple, But "demand" might be an issue. It would be low entry fee, bacause, largely, that's what this Site does, & would last for 6 or 7 hours - how many would want to do that every night for £100 first prize or whatever? More to the point, a 30 min clock is designed to slow the Tourney down, yup? And Antes are designed to speed Tourneys up, yeah? You get my drift? Seems a bit of strange logic to tie those two together. H4H - it IS in the pipeline, or "road-map" as it's called, but it's a bit down the line. Bigger, better, more important things are scheduled ahead of it. The whole Site is evolving, but it does not happen overnight. That's the penalty with being with a young, home-grown, site, like Sky Poker. It's also the benefit, as we grow together.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

thanks for commenting.

My origional suggestion was meant to be the tournament alone, i said other things that other players had mentioned one of those was antes.

I didnt mean for it to be the case.

This tournament i was referring to was for the long haul and of coarse this isnt to all players tastes - hense the poll.

As you said it would last 6 to 7 hours, so obviously a decent Garentee would be needed to attract players to it. Say £5.50 for £250 as a tester with maybe a £2.20 one with a £100 GTD running an hour behind. Whichever is more popular could obviously be kept.

3 tournaments like this per day would be good imo.

As stated one at lunchtime-ish so maybe 1PM or something

Again one at tea time so say 6 or 6.30

And one around 9

Again if their demand maybe have a cheaper one running an hour behind.

I understand because of the nature of this Demand maybe not there as it would be pretty different from anything that sky tournaments offer. The only reason i think antes would help this is because as you state this could take 7-8 hours without. I dont mind this i actually enjoy these kind of tounrmanets, obviously not everyone is happy being around for that long.

I was trying to be ummm... Helping everyone?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Another tournament suggestion with a poll : Hi tikay thanks for commenting. My origional suggestion was meant to be the tournament alone, i said other things that other players had mentioned one of those was antes. I didnt mean for it to be the case. This tournament i was referring to was for the long haul and of coarse this isnt to all players tastes - hense the poll. As you said it would last 6 to 7 hours, so obviously a decent Garentee would be needed to attract players to it. Say £5.50 for £250 as a tester with maybe a £2.20 one with a £100 GTD running an hour behind. Whichever is more popular could obviously be kept. 3 tournaments like this per day would be good imo. As stated one at lunchtime-ish so maybe 1PM or something Again one at tea time so say 6 or 6.30 And one around 9 Again if their demand maybe have a cheaper one running an hour behind. I understand because of the nature of this Demand maybe not there as it would be pretty different from anything that sky tournaments offer. The only reason i think antes would help this is because as you state this could take 7-8 hours without. I dont mind this i actually enjoy these kind of tounrmanets, obviously not everyone is happy being around for that long. I was trying to be ummm... Helping everyone?
    Posted by The_Don90
    Not possible, I'm afraid, you have to take what you think is the right line, think it through carefully, weigh the feedback, & go for it.

You'll get battered by half, & praised by half, & you'll need a thick skin, too.

But you can't ride two horses at once. 

Go with your conviction, & stick by it.

The long-clock Tourney COULD be started any time, there are no technical challenges. There might be "demand" challenges, though. 7 hours to perhaps not even cash? 
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Another tournament suggestion with a poll : Not possible, I'm afraid, you have to take what you think is the right line, think it through carefully, weigh the feedback, & go for it.   You'll get battered by half, & praised by half, & you'll need a thick skin, too. But you can't ride two horses at once.  Go with your conviction, & stick by it. The long-clock Tourney COULD be started any time, there are no technical challenges. There might be "demand" challenges, though. 7 hours to perhaps not even cash? 
    Posted by Tikay10
    sounds like a day on the cash tables for me tikay lol. As we both understand this wont appeal to all.

However i think this would be a good tournament to have, and will help boost skys appeal market.

Ill maybe re-post this thead and be a bit clearer as i suspect most people think im talking about Antes and H4H here going by the feedback.

Thanks for having an input tikay
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Another tournament suggestion with a poll : sounds like a day on the cash tables for me tikay lol. As we both understand this wont appeal to all. However i think this would be a good tournament to have, and will help boost skys appeal market. Ill maybe re-post this thead and be a bit clearer as i suspect most people think im talking about Antes and H4H here going by the feedback. Thanks for having an input tikay
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yes, it seemed most did, so your main point got sort of lost.

Good luck with it, & if it's well-received, I'll deffo send it upstairs.
  • edited February 2011
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Late registration

For all big tournies, i.e. 100 player plus. + poster events like All Rounders
    There must be a significant minority of players who, like me, cannot guarantee when they might be free to play. Signing up early and turning up much later is just too tedious. Being able to join in if only 20/30 mins late would be a delight.
  • edited February 2011
    Deep stack, longer levels, 2 or 3 perday and under £10 entry BRILLIANT IMO
  • edited February 2011
    please no late registration! Play this enough on another site it just makes everything last longer! And makes you feel like you wasting your first hour while people are still registering, i dont think there are enough people that will want to register late to warrant the change anyway...
  • edited February 2011
    Dont think 30 minute clock would work if im being honest, i think it would become too sleepie & longwinded. imagine how annoyed you would be playing potentially 5 hours & bubbling or only getting your buy in back depressing or what