You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DTD Nottingham, first live tournament

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
i am going to DTD on the 18th feb and its my first live experience. has anyone got any tips for the night . i will be playing £15 +5 5000 chips 20 min blinds. any advice would be great.  should i stay away from the roulette table?.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    just one more question. they have cash tables there 50p/£1 and 1/2 and online i do pritty well @ these levels but is there any difference playing live cash to online
  • edited February 2011
    take the first few levels easy but be prepared to get all the chips in the middle fairly soon after antes come in as from a £25 bi most likely the blind structure wont be great. 25% rake is pretty sick also and people complain about sky rake!

live cash is almost always easier in terms of the competition but its alot slower and can be pretty boring.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: DTD Nottingham, first live tournament:
    take the first few levels easy but be prepared to get all the chips in the middle fairly soon after antes come in as from a £25 bi most likely the blind structure wont be great. 25% rake is pretty sick also and people complain about sky rake! live cash is almost always easier in terms of the competition but its alot slower and can be pretty boring.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    thanks for thr advice.

with regards to the cash games its a shame i can't multi table lol