You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Correct fold? How did i play the hand?(SKY Mandy can we have for clinic please xxx)

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I'd personally just shove pre, when you rerraise and he calls theres always gonna be overs which = your scared. You jam you pick up that juicy dead money.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    No reads other then villain seemed a bit loose, but not been at the table for too long, is this obvious fold? is it bad to bet fold here? thoughts please, i aim to get it in pre but he flats. I put him on AQ or A9 when i fold here

2 rotations round i play same person again he limped called my shove with his KQ v 66 then hit

339334344(Hand ID)

hector45 Small blind  50.00 50.00 1895.00
    YOUNG_GUN Big blind  100.00 150.00 3315.00
      Your hole cards

scotty77 Fold     
    sooty17 Fold     
    hmd Raise  300.00 450.00 3050.00
    hector45 Fold     
    YOUNG_GUN Raise  800.00 1250.00 2515.00
    hmd Call  600.00 1850.00 2450.00
    Flop

• A

YOUNG_GUN Check     
    hmd Check     
    Turn

YOUNG_GUN Bet  925.00 2775.00 1590.00
    hmd All-in  2450.00 5225.00 0.00
    YOUNG_GUN Fold     
    hmd Muck     
    hmd Win  3700.00  3700.00
    hmd Return  1525.00
  • edited February 2011

you would shove 33 BB? i was debating whether to just check fold with the ace but then on turn thought it was worth a stab

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct fold? How did i play the hand?:
    you would shove 33 BB? i was debating whether to just check fold with the ace but then on turn thought it was worth a stab
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Well I would shove with a 20-25 BB stack so what 5 BB's between friends. Lets just say he ain't calling without JJ up so you get it through a very large % of the time.
  • edited February 2011
    yeah i'd ship pre

the pot size is so awkward if u 3b and you are OOP
  • edited February 2011
    I wouldn't ship 30BBs pre, I think you only get called by better. Maybe called by AQ, AK. I think I would check call 1 street tbh. I guess you could bet flop and be called by smaller pairs or some silly hand. But I don't think he calls with much that you beat considering preflop action. By checking he could bluff at it so I'd check it down and call 1 bet.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Young Gun,

I don't think i have a problem with the way you've played it, until the fold. You only have 10/15 bb's left behind and hav 2 pair, make the crying call and hope he hasn't hit the a or 9. Do this, like I would and then look for the next game lol.
    col
  • edited February 2011
    lol cheers col & everyone for your response, still dont think im ever shoving 10s 33 bb deep unless in cash game but i take on board maybe try it sometime :)

Maybe shove flop or turn? what do people think
  • edited February 2011
    The reason you shove pre is so you DONT have decisions like the one your asking about possibly shoving post flop when the board is not good (Ace high). Shoving pre also makes the other guy make that decision, and like I said previously is he gonna call off 30 bigs with less than JJ/AK up? No if he has any sense.

You have to remember its easier to SHOVE then it is to CALL 30 bigs. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    The reason you shove pre is so you DONT have decisions like the one your asking about possibly shoving post flop when the board is not good (Ace high). Shoving pre also makes the other guy make that decision, and like I said previously is he gonna call off 30 bigs with less than JJ/AK up? No if he has any sense. You have to remember its easier to SHOVE then it is to CALL 30 bigs. ;)
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I don't think there is enough in the pot to make this profitable. 30BBs is a lot. And there is nothing wrong with decisions... just make the right one :D
  • edited February 2011
    Start with 3315 increase by 450, a 14% addition to my stack sounds pretty nice to me. Also the shove is a lot to do with position, if I have the button I can reraise and whatever the flop comes it's easier to negotiate, here were 1st to act and going into it blind.
  • edited February 2011

I think your behind there

When you check to him on the flop, he,s not gonna bet his ace or 9 for fear of losing his customer, (presuming his ace has a decent kicker)  but with his initial raise and call if he hasn,t hit I,d  put him on some sort of pair, , although personally I think he,s hit his ace and is not for folding and think you saved a few chips letting it go

I,d try checking it on the turn, hoping he would check back, then check call the river

It would be interseing to find out what he had- I,d say AJ or AQ

• edited February 2011
    I reckon AQ too, possibly k9

Can we have on clinic please, also i agree should have check/folded turn

still not a fan of shoving pre although i can see has its advatages i think the times we get called makes it a bad move
  • edited February 2011
    Im with Mr mbro and Blackfish on this one,33bb's is deep enough to NOT shove pre so i reckon i woulda played this hand as you did Young gun,xxx
  • edited February 2011
    personally i just flat pre. as played i c-bet flop repping the Ace, if he calls then i give up, i dont think he can call a flop bet with anything other than an Ace or a 9. obviously your beat, your bet on the turn to him says your comittted to going so he shoves expecting a call. horrible folding when you put more than half your stack in the middle.
  • edited February 2011
    BUMP for mandy :)
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Correct fold? How did i play the hand?(SKY Mandy can we have for clinic please xxx):
    BUMP for mandy :)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

WOW....didnt know she was expecting!

Congrats Mandy :)
  • edited February 2011
    I wouldn't ship 30BBs pre, I think you only get called by better. Maybe called by AQ, AK. I think I would check call 1 street tbh. I guess you could bet flop and be called by smaller pairs or some silly hand. But I don't think he calls with much that you beat considering preflop action. By checking he could bluff at it so I'd check it down and call 1 bet.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Yes but by betting the flop we can rep the ace against a bigger PP.