You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TV Hand - Andrew Feldman worst flat ever?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Million Dollar Cash game.

Feldman raises UTG with 44.

Ivey Flats from the BB and Antonius flats from the Straddle.

Pot $11,500.

Flop 6sAc4H

Ivey checks, Antonius checks, Feldman checks behind.

Turn

Jd

Ivey bets 8k, Antonius calls 8k, Feldman raises to 23k. Ivey folds, Antonius calls.

River

6c

Antonius leads for $16k. Feldman tanks and flat calls.

And this guy is meant to be a high stakes reg? Actually unbelievable to flat call in this spot. 

Can there be ANY justification for flatting in this spot?

I cannot see a hand that Antonius can have that beats us here that he wouldn't have either raised Iveys turn bet or Feldmans re-raise on the turn. 

As if Antonius would lead out for only $16 if he had made a house on the river too.

I cannot get over how bad that flat call is. Am i being overly critical? Should I STFU as I'm a 50nl reg and Feldman is playin the Million Dollar Cash game? Thoughts people?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    hes a nit....he said after i thought u might have A6, guys terrible
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: TV Hand - Andrew Feldman worst flat ever?:
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    I know he's a nit.

Hilarious, as if Antonius would ever play A6 in that way.

I tried to work out his justification for it and the best I could come up with is:

He knows Antonius knows he is a nit. So when Feldman raises the turn, Antonius would have to put him on exactly JJ not to re-raise with A6.

But then you'd think A6 would have raised Iveys turn lead almost all of the time. 

Then when the river comes, he'd have to think that Antonius was betting $16 as a blocker bet with A6 and considering a bet fold against a raise from Feldman as Antonius knows Feldman won't raise him on a bluff here as he is too nitty. 

That is the best I can come up with. Just awful, awful play. How has this guy got to the top? Every time I see him he butchers hands.
  • edited February 2011
    see, the problem with playing *this* tight, is although you'll occasionally make the hero fold and dodge a potential cooler, many many more times you're missing out on masses of value.

If Antonius has A6 or JJ here, it is a cooler and you are meant to do your stack. Period. You shrug, say that's life, and move on to the next one. You can't be a hero and try and get off because he might have you beat. The one thing I could perhaps say in his defence is, with his reputation absolutely nothing is calling him that he beats, with the possible exception of trip 6's- but is Antonius really going to the river with that? Unlikely. So any raise on the river is resulting in a fold, unless he has A6 or JJ. Again, another downpoint for nittiness- any bet basically telegraphs your hand in spots like this.

Having said that, Feldman looks like a maniac genius compared to Zeidman... I absolutely detest his game so, so, so much. He butchers the game, let alone hands.
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by lynx3ffect
    definately not terrible...
  • edited February 2011
    feldman open trap 1 checks behind on a A64 RB Reraises the turn so he is repin a monster here, PA should have some kind of hand to call this (i dont know what he had) PA leads out small on the river does feldman think that PA is that terrible to call a reraise with a worse hand?

when feldman checks flop n reraise turn you have to put him on AA JJ 66 44 and that is it
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: TV Hand - Andrew Feldman worst flat ever? : definately not terrible...
    Posted by BlackFish3
    well obv not the guy has millions and i dont! :)

but its awkward watchin him play with those guys he seems so far out of his depth
  • edited February 2011
    what hand did PA have ?
  • edited February 2011
    what hand did PA have ?
    Posted by N1CK
    35 for OE sd....guess PA bets small on riv in case feldman was spazzin turn with his own sd/fd. 
  • edited February 2011
    i think feldman should have bet the flop his hand is so face up on the turn
  • edited February 2011
    lol just watched this...he's makes me cringe
  • edited February 2011
    i think feldman should have bet the flop his hand is so face up on the turn
    Posted by N1CK
    Butchered from start to finish.

• edited February 2011
    I'm not a fraction the player he is or many of you who posted here on this are but I have to say he seems incredibly easy to read, he only ever seems to play pairs or suited connectors and doesn't mix up his game any; and even when he bluffs, the opponents seem to know it and it looks quite obvious. Anytime I've seen him play, tourney's or cash he's always one of the first to leave, be down in cash or have gotten real lucky and got ahead that way.

Anyway, he's built his bankroll so he must be pretty good online at least - I better get back to building up my miniscule roll lol!! :D
  • edited February 2011
    Didn't see this but from what I've seen previously he seems like he's just playing with scared money, so practically doesn't play a hand, won't reraise without the absolute nutty nut nuts and that's why I don't think he did on ze river.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: TV Hand - Andrew Feldman worst flat ever? : Butchered from start to finish.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    i think his turn raise is bad he is lucky PA has that hand because hes only getting called by 35 and 57
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: TV Hand - Andrew Feldman worst flat ever? : i think his turn raise is bad he is lucky PA has that hand because hes only getting called by 35 and 57
    Posted by N1CK
    To not bet the flop is criminal.

I think he played it badly on every street.
  • edited February 2011
    he has obviously got great skills but best play of that hand was bringing out the dancing donkey while feldman was still counting his chips
  • edited February 2011
    how is he a sponsored pro what a ridic mong.

this is what it takes to beat morons heads up. 

why do they invite scared money onto tv poker? reduce the blinds or get people to man up and have to be able to rebuy ffs
  • edited February 2011
    how is he a sponsored pro what a ridic mong. this is what it takes to beat morons heads up.  why do they invite scared money onto tv poker? reduce the blinds or get people to man up and have to be able to rebuy ffs
    Posted by beaneh
    Because he looks pretty, and good for tv imo.......................
  • edited February 2011
    i dont know why PA lead the river do you think he was going to shove feldman and expect him to fold jacks full? lol
  • edited February 2011
    i dont know why PA lead the river do you think he was going to shove feldman and expect him to fold jacks full? lol
    Posted by N1CK
    Im guessing he did it on the 0.05% chance that Feldman had been re-raising the turn with KQ. Or on the miniscule chance he had raised KJ on the turn.

Weird bet to say the least.
  • edited February 2011
    I saw a bit of this last night and in general he looks intimidated by the other players, as if he knows they are better than him and just waits for monster hands or like someone above said playing with scared money
  • edited February 2011
    As for playing with scared money, i do agree that if he is not rolled properly for that level he shouldnt be there.

But, i think some of you are being too harsh on the guy. he has made it to a massive tv cash game and that takes some doing. He must have a very good game to get that far, but he is not necessarily suited to that company/ stakes.

fair play to the guy, i would love to have a chance to play those guys at those stakes and i couldnt care less if i was called a nit, or terrible.

Fwiw, i prob flat call the river too. No surprise there. However, i would have bet the flop!
  • edited February 2011
    As for playing with scared money, i do agree that if he is not rolled properly for that level he shouldnt be there. But, i think some of you are being too harsh on the guy. he has made it to a massive tv cash game and that takes some doing. He must have a very good game to get that far, but he is not necessarily suited to that company/ stakes. fair play to the guy, i would love to have a chance to play those guys at those stakes and i couldnt care less if i was called a nit, or terrible. Fwiw, i prob flat call the river too. No surprise there. However, i would have bet the flop!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    i can understand why he flats the river because the way it played out its like wtf has he got
  • edited February 2011
    he may have made a lot of money playing poker<but
    he is miles out of his league playing with these guys.
    He just looks like a daft wee boy and you can see these
    guys actually laughing at him.
    I cant believe hes made so much money playing poker.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: TV Hand - Andrew Feldman worst flat ever? : Im guessing he did it on the 0.05% chance that Feldman had been re-raising the turn with KQ. Or on the miniscule chance he had raised KJ on the turn. Weird bet to say the least.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    yeah i guess PA thinks that feldman could turn like 10s or a BW draw into a bluff to rep the set, so he bets out 1600 getting 4/1 , i dont like them odds on a feldman bluff in that spot lol
  • edited February 2011
    tbf he's no worse than matusow, omg... his play is literally horrific in this

When he gets aces against Ivey (who has 33) he tanked for like an ice age on a smallish river bet from Ivey, when Ivey had shown basically no interest in the hand up to that point. Matusow played his aces like an absolute nit, and then massively nitrolled Ivey at the end- his face when Matusow turned his aces and tried to justify his tanking was just priceless, it's on season 5 episode 2 of million dollar cash game, well worth a watch. He's diabolical.

Also funny to watch Ivey roast Feldman every time they enter a pot together.
  • edited February 2011
    he is so far ahead of any of us at the game its  ridic.  yes hes a nit but a rich nit and it is ALL made from pokerz.

he has like 6$mil plus in winnings, has a sick house in Bushey and drives an R8.

haterz gonna hate obv
  • edited February 2011
    he is so far ahead of any of us at the game its  ridic. 
    Posted by scotty77

mehhhhh if an average 1/2 player got staked for that game in macau and made $10mil  then he is still just an average 1/2 player skillwise but hes obv super successfull because of how much money hes made

basically what feldman is, succesfull but not that good. (plus bit of a shady past on old btf)
  • edited February 2011
    he is so far ahead of any of us at the game its  ridic.  yes hes a nit but a rich nit and it is ALL made from pokerz.  he has like 6$mil plus in winnings, has a sick house in Bushey and drives an R8. haterz gonna hate obv
    Posted by scotty77
    That's all fine and well but the guy is a TV wh ore and brutal to watch.

Andrew Feldman, more like Andrew Foldman, you geddit?