You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is it wise to try other sites????

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
hi all if u have seen my hands in the clinic or area 51 lol u will see im on such a bad run at mo cant win a hand not alone a tourny im thinking of going to a different site to see if my luck is any better there 
 its a shame ive been on here for 15 mths may be longer i love the site but cant keep this run of bad luck up it may be the same on other sites
so my question is this when sites say variance plays a big part will i take the bad run with me????? if so thinking of hanging up my poker shoes for a while as there is a big chance im been layed off in next few months so wanna make a bank roll not decimate one ive gone from a small roll of £600 to £7 playing cash tournys and sit and goes in cash i was only putting on may be 20 quid on a 25p 50p table didnt get bulied by regs for been short stack i hit cards they hit monsters lol i know thats poker but i cant see the light at the end of a tunnel oh yes i can who put a train in the tunnel with me arhhhhhhhh
lol good luck all

Comments

• edited February 2011
    it will be tougher on other sites(probably) just hang in there here it will soon change. if worst comes to worse play a few games on another site and come back when you get bored :p
  • edited February 2011
    That is a pretty sick decimation of your bankroll,you have said that youve posted some of these hands in the clinic yes? what kind of responses did you get? were players saying you was just coolered OR did they say you had overplayed your hands OR maybe did not give your opponents credit for the hands they were holding? all the best debs xx

EDIT ive just thought about this again and seen that £600 down to £7 is no different from a player having say a roll of £6000 and now has £70 OR even £60,000 down to £700

Very alaarming indeed
  • edited February 2011
    Hi chefboy. I understand how you're feeling right now cos I seem to have been on a bad run myself for longer than I care to remember! As for checking out other sites, I will be honest and say that I seem to do better on the three others I use. I have been playing on Sky for some years now and strangely since I have learn't more about the game  over time, and have Improved my play, I don't seem to win as much on here as I used to lol.  Why do I do better elsewhere? - I really don't know and as this Is only my personal experience, I wouldn't advise you In any way. However, sky still remains my favourite site for many reasons but even though playing Is purely a hobby for me, I , like everyone, would like to win  now and then. Maybe I will have to cut my losses here eventually but who knows . Hope things turn around for you. GL
  • edited February 2011

Changing sites will not change your luck.

You need to change your game, your game selection, and your bankroll management.

Don't blame your bad run on bad luck.

You need to start being happy/content with making a steady profit, or even at first just breaking even, or losing less.

You sit with £20 at 50nl, or £50 at 100nl, because you wanna make a quick, significant profit. It doesn't work like that. I have a mate who will deposit £100 and go sit straight on 200nl. When I ask him why he doesnt play 10/20p he says "nah it takes too long to win, at bigger levels it only takes 1 hand and you can be £100 up".

I bet you have a similar attitude to that - so obviously you go bust time and time again.

It's a grind, play nl10, and buy in for 100 big blinds, alternatively - and I think someone has suggested this before, knock cash on the head altogether and stick to playing exclusively MTT's.

GL.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: is it wise to try other sites????:
    That is a pretty sick decimation of your bankroll,you have said that youve posted some of these hands in the clinic yes? what kind of responses did you get? were players saying you was just coolered OR did they say you had overplayed your hands OR maybe did not give your opponents credit for the hands they were holding? all the best debs xx EDIT ive just thought about this again and seen that £600 down to £7 is no different from a player having say a roll of £6000 and now has £70 OR even £60,000 down to £700 Very alaarming indeed
    Posted by debdobs_67

I played an mtt with Moorman last week. He's currently on super tilt and is in the middle of an $80,000 downswing. Meanwhile he is still progressing on FT.

• edited February 2011
    Hi Chefboy'

I would say try another site. That way you can determine whether it's your game or not. You will also find that it will play differently depending on the pool of players. You might find that the change suits your game at the moment. 

There are some very good low level bankroll buiders such as the $3 90 and 180 man sit and go's. These are generally relaxed blinds and don't tend to be shove fests. That I suspect would suit your game.
  • edited February 2011
    I've seen some of your threads in the clinic and I am not surprised you have 'dun ur roll'.

This is the probably the best place for you to play - you will lose even more short stacking on Stars or FT.

If I was you, I'd listen to Doh. Desposit £50, and if you are about to be laid off then treat it like your last £50. Play nl4 and buy-in for the maximum. Play low stakes DYM's and satellites to play in some tournaments. Learn to play the game without risking £600, listen to the advice given to you and learn from it. 
  • edited February 2011
    thanks all got to admit i have already moved down stakes and trying it for a while thanks for all advice
  • edited February 2011
    hi doohh u asked why i play so high and to be honest i find playing the nl4 nl20 tables people seem to call any 2 where as the nl50 and nl100 i find the play so much better people will lay down 77 on a board of 10 9 k  or may be its like u said i do like to make money i have taken your advice and that of others and have gone back to nl4 and playing pure a b c poker so far ive gone from 7 quid to 22 so lets keep fingers crossed that i will get some confiedence back and in the process make a small roll work to my advatage
    cheers for all your  help
    chefboy
  • edited February 2011

Nooooooooooo !!

Not the old "50nl is easier to beat than nl4 because the players can fold" argument again.

You don't want ppl to fold 77 on a 9,10,k flop !!!!
  • edited February 2011
    sorry dohhhhh
    didnt mean it to sound like nl50 was easier because its not what i ment was that because of the money side i was less likely to play rubbish or fish for cards than nl4 thats what i ment sorry if u took offence mate 
  • edited February 2011

As  someone who has palyed on numerous sites over the years, (i am a sucker for a bonus), I would say that Sky is as good as any. I have also found that the majority of 'big sites' are infested with regular nits that use tracking software, playing numerous tables, to grind out a living. Sky, however, has far more recreational players making for a far more enjoyable poker experience and probably in my opinion an easier place to play. That's why I keep returning. I would also say Dohhhh makes a very good point. You need to learn and understand that poker is a long term game amd that is how it should be viewed. It is not about making a few thousand overnight, it will not happen. As many experts will tell you it is all about bankroll management and patience. Good luck.