You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Phil Laak on Premier Leaugue Poker last night

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Didn,t anyone watch it last night on Ch4?

Is it just me? i don,t understand how does so well when so many ppl know his game

He started as chip leader, but got bluffed of a pot eary on with 10-10 when he missed flop and then made one of the worst folds i,ve seen on TV when he called with Q 5 and the board came 5-5-6. -  I can,t remember what came on turn and river but it was nothing to be scared off. Once again he folded after a bet on the river.  What was he hoping to hit ? And it wasn,t just a long thought out fold , it was a snap fold. Unbeleivable

Roland de wolfe said he was gonna get a T-shirt printed with Phil Laak is a nit

If you watched this would you not use this image to make a few moves and try a few bluffs as ppl know he has something good every time?

Ps - Does anyone know which date  this concludes on TV?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I saw it, it was an awful fold, and like you say made worse by the fact it was an INSTA fold.
    Had to laugh though.

On another note De Wolfe was a class act last night and i'd like him to take this down!

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Phil Laak on Premier Leaugue Poker last night:
    I saw it, it was an awful fold, and like you say made worse by the fact it was an INSTA fold. Had to laugh though. On another note De Wolfe was a class act last night and i'd like him to take this down!
    Posted by christiann
    Yoo masseeve donk i iz gonna take eet down inneet cuz i izz da best playa ere inneet. Benyamine izz an angler inneet so effin pwned it makes me sick inneet...

Sorry I went all Schwartz for a moment...!

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Phil Laak on Premier Leaugue Poker last night:
    Ps - Does anyone know which date  this concludes on TV?
    Posted by MP33
    I think it's next Monday's show (unless anyone knows different?)

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Phil Laak on Premier Leaugue Poker last night : Yoo masseeve donk i iz gonna take eet down inneet cuz i izz da best playa ere inneet. Benyamine izz an angler inneet so effin pwned it makes me sick inneet... Sorry I went all Schwartz for a moment...!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    haha ;-)
  • edited February 2011
    On a side note don't miss the finale of the million dollar cash game tonight. It's been really good so far mostly thanks to Mike's dancing donkey lol.
  • edited February 2011
    On a side note don't miss the finale of the million dollar cash game tonight. It's been really good so far mostly thanks to Mike's dancing donkey lol.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    That donkey is getting on my nerves now.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Phil Laak on Premier Leaugue Poker last night:
    Didn,t anyone watch it last night on Ch4? Is it just me? i don,t understand how does so well when so many ppl know his game He started as chip leader, but got bluffed of a pot eary on with 10-10 when he missed flop and then made one of the worst folds i,ve seen on TV when he called with Q 5 and the board came 5-5-6. -  I can,t remember what came on turn and river but it was nothing to be scared off. Once again he folded after a bet on the river.  What was he hoping to hit ? And it wasn,t just a long thought out fold , it was a snap fold. Unbeleivable Roland de wolfe said he was gonna get a T-shirt printed with Phil Laak is a nit If you watched this would you not use this image to make a few moves and try a few bluffs as ppl know he has something good every time? Ps - Does anyone know which date  this concludes on TV?
    Posted by MP33
    Yes I saw that,and would agree it was a terrible fold but, the worst fold ever ( probably in the history of poker lol ) was shown on the Sky Poker Channel a few days ago, it concerned 3 Queens etc, and a forum regular, ( no names, should'nt have to really?, why he plays poker I have no Idea?) put down a monster of a hand.

Kind regards
  • edited February 2011
    not even greghogg wld have folded
  • edited February 2011
    The turn brought the 3rd card to the heart flush...Plus the board was paired...was a beautiful moment when the bluff was shown though..then again, I'm a bit sick like that..

Looking forward to the next one...I think Luke Schwartz was getting a bit rattled at David Benyamine on last night show...

xx

• edited February 2011
    Irony being Phil had played so well and ran so lucky up until that point in the PL. I think he made his mind up on the turn he had hit his flush and decided to insta-fold on river after a bet, but the thing was his opponent was perrenial bluffer Benyamine so i dunno what Laak was thinking, pretty bad fold, my mouth was agasp lol

SOOOOOO looking forward to the conclusion next monday, from the preview it looks pretty funny, what with Luke apparently going ALL IN or calling with a different hand to what he thought he had ("arrrghh i thought i had KJ in such a ****" lol)
  • edited February 2011
    Phil Laak is rubbish imo, big statement to call a professional poker player but i think people on here would crush him even those not at the higher stakes. how many hands does he fold when he's ahead? sky sign him up please :)
  • edited February 2011
    Roland does a very good impression of Phil Laak talking rubbish
  • edited February 2011
    The turn brought the 3rd card to the heart flush...Plus the board was paired...was a beautiful moment when the bluff was shown though..then again, I'm a bit sick like that.. Looking forward to the next one...I think Luke Schwartz was getting a bit rattled at David Benyamine on last night show... xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    I saw some of the heats and he was the same with Benyamine, then again he seems to get rattled by most players .  I think he,s trying to be the new Phil Helmuth

As he said in his pre-game interview. "i,m gonna win - its all about me"

Looking forward to the conclusion nxt week - Can,t beleive theres still all 6 left - Hard to pick a winner

• edited February 2011

i don,t wanna know the result of this game . but i missed the rest of the Final table on Monday

Does anyone know any links for this from Monday night?

Cheers

• edited February 2011
    Have you tried C4 On Demand?
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    yeah , but i,m just seeing other  events and it only seems to go up to a certain time

What was the name of the tornament? Can you rememeber?
  • edited February 2011

A few posts have had to be removed for breaking the rules regarding links to videos featuring sponsorship from other poker sites.

• edited February 2011
    LOL PHIL LAAK RUBBISH? ARE YOU INSANE HES A PRO PLAYER WHO HAS EARNED MILLIONS DOING IT S HOW CAN HE BE RUBBISH AND THE FLOD HE MADE MAY OF SEMED BAD BUT NOBODY KOWS THE HISTORY BETWEEN THE 2 PLAYERS AND LAAK'S THOUGHT PROCESS BUT SAYING YOU COULD BE LAAK IS BOLD HE WOOULD CLEAN YOU OUT
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Found it m8 - put up link but uts been taken off

Typical Phil Laak being 1st out after going in with chip lead - Funny tho when everyone was laughing at him at the amount of time he took to call with his 10-10

Was a good game - he is arragont but Luke Scwartch does have some game and Benyamein is just getting better

Cheers
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Phil Laak on Premier Leaugue Poker last night : That donkey is getting on my nerves now.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    I liked the wee cheesy Casio-sounding tune it emmitted early on, but your right, it is starting to get annoying now; especially from Matusow, a player who IS a nit.