You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TSP Classic League WINNERS

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat

The latest TSP Classic League ended last Friday.

After a late run typical of the maestro that was Lester Piggott, Solack got his nose in front right on the line, in a thrilling climax, perhaps the best that Solly has had for some time.

The ever consistent but under-rated duo Dart & Direwolf, quite amazingly, dead-heated for 2nd. This causes a problem, as 2nd gets a Primo Seat, & third wins a week's worth of TOTTY Entries.

After some thought, it was decided to award both 2nd place finishers a Primo Seat, & charge MereNovice for the additioinal cost incurred. Anyone knows he could have fiddled it to get a clear result.

Here is the actual 1-2-3.....

Solly - 20.25

Darty - 20.88

Dire - 20.88

In fact, this was a quite splendid result, & all three played very well, & consistently. My late run was blocked by beaten horses, but I finished tucked right behind the leading bunch, & would have won in a few more strides.

Congrats to all three.

Prizes are as follows......

Solly - Seat to a TSP Leg of his choice. (NOT the Grand Final!).

Darty & Dire BOTH get a Primo Seat on a Sunday of their choosing.

If you let me know where & when, etc, I'll sort out the entries for you.

Once again, well done to all who took part.

Comments

• edited February 2011

The actual League Thread, with all the gory details, updated 20 times by Mere, (Linked to the page with the Final & complete placings) is HERE
  • edited February 2011

So, it just remains to give due thanks to MereNovice for all his hard work on this, & in fact many other, Leagues.

I'd like you to know that he refuses to accept any payment, in either cash, or via Tourney Entries, for all his hard work on these Leagues, he just does it for the Community.

"Ask not what the Community can do for me, but what can I do for the Community ...." etc as JFK might have said if he played on Sky Poker. But I don't think he did.

Much respect & thanks to Mere for that, & very I'm proud to count him as a genuine friend.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic League WINNERS:
    So, it just remains to give due thanks to MereNovice for all his hard work on this, & in fact many other, Leagues. I'd like you to know that he refuses to accept any payment, in either cash, or via Tourney Entries, for all his hard work on these Leagues, he just does it for the Community. "Ask not what the Community can do for me, but what can I do for the Community ...." etc as JFK might have said if he played on Sky Poker. But I don't think he did. Much respect & thanks to Mere for that, & very I'm proud to count him as a genuine friend.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hear, Hear!!

Well done Mere !!
  • edited February 2011
    Many thanks Tikay and MereNovice and congratulations again to SoLack and Direwolf.

It really was a Forum fueled journey for me.

I won one of Ed's Last Longer mini comp's which came with a free entry to a Tsp event, I opted to take the free entry to coincide with day 1 of MereNovice's League, came 2nd in that first event (nice profit for a free entry) and stayed committed to the league for its duration.

Would be nice if I could finish it off with a cash in the Primo now.

I will have to get back to you with a date as I don't think I can make the next 2 Sundays.
  • edited February 2011
    Thank you Tikay, the prizes are brilliant.  I do make an effort to play more of these when the league is running, but wd play it a fair amount anyway as it has a nice pace, and the number of runners make for a decent pay out.

I will let you know about the prize (I assume you mean a SPT seat rather than a TSP leg, but if the latter can I have Redmond's left leg please?)

• edited February 2011
    Thank you Tikay, the prizes are brilliant.  I do make an effort to play more of these when the league is running, but wd play it a fair amount anyway as it has a nice pace, and the number of runners make for a decent pay out. I will let you know about the prize (I assume you mean a SPT seat rather than a TSP leg, but if the latter can I have Redmond's left leg please?)
    Posted by SoLack[/
    QUOTE]

Good man, Solly, but the thanks go to the players, to Mere for running it so smoothly (not a single complaint or argument iirc, how about THAT?!), & to Sky Poker for the prizey things.

By TSP Seat, I was of course conversing in French - Tour de Sky Poker.

Thanks to the lovely reply by Darty, too, nice story that.

• edited February 2011
    Thank you Tikay and of course to Mere who did his usual excellent job on the scoring. Could you put me down for the Primo on the 20th Feb please.

While I am at it, I also won a SPT seat in Ed's recent league. I did ask if it was still possible to get into the Luton leg and Ed said someone would be in touch, but as yet I have not had any contact. If Luton is full, could I go for Leeds?

Finally, in Orford's Disastermind, I have now won 3 entries to the Friday Totty but do not seem to have been entered into one yet. Who do I need to contact to arrange this?

Thanks again
    Guy
  • edited February 2011
    Many thanks Tikay and MereNovice and congratulations again to SoLack and Direwolf. It really was a Forum fueled journey for me. I won one of Ed's Last Longer mini comp's which came with a free entry to a Tsp event, I opted to take the free entry to coincide with day 1 of MereNovice's League, came 2nd in that first event (nice profit for a free entry) and stayed committed to the league for its duration. Would be nice if I could finish it off with a cash in the Primo now. I will have to get back to you with a date as I don't think I can make the next 2 Sundays.
    Posted by TheDart
    Finished it off with a 19th place in Sundays primo, for my second three figure cash, courtesy of a sky forum freebie / prize!

All is good in Sky Forum World :)
  • edited February 2011
    Thank you Tikay and of course to Mere who did his usual excellent job on the scoring. Could you put me down for the Primo on the 20th Feb please. While I am at it, I also won a SPT seat in Ed's recent league. I did ask if it was still possible to get into the Luton leg and Ed said someone would be in touch, but as yet I have not had any contact. If Luton is full, could I go for Leeds? Finally, in Orford's Disastermind, I have now won 3 entries to the Friday Totty but do not seem to have been entered into one yet. Who do I need to contact to arrange this? Thanks again Guy
    Posted by Direwolf
    I am pretty sure I sorted this, Guy, & you have a seat at Luton SPT.

If I'm wrong, sorry, you have permission to wring my neck.

I'm not so sure the three TOTTY Entries were sorted, though, as that was - or should have been - handled by the Studio, or Producer. Can you let me know, please, & if that's not been done, I'll sort it, pronto pronto.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic League WINNERS : Finished it off with a 19th place in Sundays primo, for my second three figure cash, courtesy of a sky forum freebie / prize! All is good in Sky Forum World :)
    Posted by TheDart
    That worked out well, then!

Well done you.