You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Priority Club - SPT

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi,

I understand entirely the idea of the aforementioned priority club.  Many of us (me incl.) will prob not reach these heady levels of points/playing, becuase of either limited bankroll or other commitments issues (work and parenting to mention a few).

The sentence from the promotion pod/story...
"Direct buy-in for any Sky Poker Tour Event If you fancy playing any of the Sky Poker Tour events simply speak to your Account Manager and he can ensure that you can buy-in directly for any Sky Poker Tour Event"
...worries me a little. 

There are 67 this month (probably a lot more in the coming months), with most likely wanting to buy straight in? 

Wouldn't this, potentially, restrict/narrow the field for these events?

I am desperate to try and win a seat for SPT Leeds (my local event) on 7th May (also week of my Birthday) and am worried 75%+ of the seats will already be taken?

Should the SPT be kept as something you have to qualify for and thus giving everyone an equal chance to play in these fantastic events?

Thanks, Dan

Comments

• edited February 2011
    you posted already use that one
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Priority Club - SPT:
    you posted already use that one
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Sorry YOUNG_GUN - am confused - has someone already raised/answered this? If so I'll delete.

Cheers
  • edited February 2011

Hi Dan,

Thst, Sir, is an excellent question. I've had many PM's along the same lines, so this gives me the chance to answer openly, where everyone can see the answer.

The number of Priority Club Members does & will fluctuate from month to month, in all probability, over time, it will tend to increase a little.

What they get as to SPT, is the option to purchase a seat via a Direct Buy-In, at full cost, £110.

Alternatively, they can qualify for as little as a couple of quid. And as most of them are "quite competent" players, that's what they mainly do. In their shoes, most would do the same. Why pay £110 when you get can get in for a fiver, or a tenner?

To put it in context, SPT Luton, where the demand for seats was huge, resulted in less than 10 Priority Club Direct Buy-Ins. Many of them, I would imagine, qualified by the regular route, of course, & I know you would not want to prevent that. 

I'd be very surprised if the PC Members requests to exercise their Direct Buy-In Option ever exceeds a dozen, to be honest, though many many more will go the qualificatuon route, the same as everyone else.  

Seats are offered by as many platforms as possible - Qualification, TSP Members (they are always invited along), some 865 Presenter(s) or Analyst(s), lots of Community Promotions & various Freerolls which offer up seats, a few Celebs, etc. 

A lot of thought goes into satisfying seat demand as best as Sky Poker are able, & as fairly, too.

The SPT is incredibly popular, & every Leg sells out months in advance - a nice problem to have, & reflects on it's success.

I wish you every success in qualifying for Leeds - go bink a seat, as soon as the Qualifiers start.

Please also remember that at each SPT, about 150 to 170 seats to the Main Event get allocated one way or another, but that as many as 50 or 60 more people come along just to take part in othr stuff, fun SNG's, affordable cash games, sometimes just to chill with the other players. Or wear tikay masks......

It's a great day - well, more of a weekend nowadays - & much much more than just the Event itself.

• edited February 2011
    Hi Tikay,

Thanks for a very comprehensive answer. Much appreciated.

Whether a seat is "binked" or not, I think I'll try and get down and donate some funds to the SnG organisers!

Cheers, Dan