You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

honest answer will do.

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
hi there tk and rest of skypoker,. Just want to ask,is it safe to say that all the players on the poker leauge deserve a place on lasvegas tournament freeroll just because they have more money to play than others, therefor generate more points in a percentage of cash games where as the big lasvegas tournaments are tournaments and not six table cash games? this isnt against the players there are some cracking players,im am just sayin mibi they should do a freeroll with the same structure as in vegas not as many days of course lol, but deepstack mibi start at 1 tourny finish at 10 or something,and let the guys like myself who havnt got the bankroll not the skill to compete with these big SPENDERS. thanks bumbluff ie jp.ta mate

Comments

• edited February 2011
    so you don't think players who pay more rake deserve more rewards?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: honest answer will do.:
    Posted by SHANXTA
    I think what he,s saying is correct in some respects

yes the ppl who play at high limit cash do pay more rake and get rewarded in the points for cash - (also the high limit STT,s + DYM,s)

I know its been discussed before but there should maybe be a few places reserved in the priority club tourney for the majority of players on the site who will never reach these point levels but may be excellent MTT players

i would suggest picking these players from something like Mere Novices league on TSP games as the top few players have proved themselves over a number of MTT,s . Or maybe have a seperate MTT league for this sole purpose with a reasonable buy in to give everyone a chance and a good structure tailored for what Sky are looking for
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by SHANXTA
    not everybody has got the bankroll is what he's trying to say i think
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: honest answer will do. : not everybody has got the bankroll is what he's trying to say i think
    Posted by scouse_red
    To  be fair most of the guys with massive bankrolls have earnt them from being great at the game and working up the levels, something I aspire to.

So I think it's fair they get rewarded for there efforts, bit like your tesco clubcard.
  • edited February 2011
    yes they get a % back via cash 4 pts, but that still leaves them thousands down in rake every month

the problem is there always has 2 b a cut off, if they now said, ok, we'll let everyone in who earnt say 3k pts plus last month, then every1 who earnt 2,999 and below would be annoyed

whilst i'm in this one, i know i pay nowhere near as much rake as the big cash grinders, so i expect to not get all the same benefits
  • edited February 2011
    I think personally that MP33 has hit a nail slap bang on its head.

Cash players generate more C4P than anyone, fair enough their paying rake every hand, and dym and STT players can get such a volume in multi-tabling 4 at a time they could maybe get 7 or 8 in per hour meaning decent rake payouts.

However mtt players dont get that oportunity. Now as someone who tried and failed at cash i know how much more difficult cash is compared to mtts, even at the lower levels. So i fully understand why these assesments are in place.

However i also feel there is little to no reward for mtt players on sky poker. Now i know this is the same across all poker sites, but maybe this is a market sky could expliot.

Then again, im biased.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: honest answer will do. : I think what he,s saying is correct in some respects yes the ppl who play at high limit cash do pay more rake and get rewarded in the points for cash - (also the high limit STT,s + DYM,s) I know its been discussed before but there should maybe be a few places reserved in the priority club tourney for the majority of players on the site who will never reach these point levels but may be excellent MTT players i would suggest picking these players from something like Mere Novices league on TSP games as the top few players have proved themselves over a number of MTT,s . Or maybe have a seperate MTT league for this sole purpose with a reasonable buy in to give everyone a chance and a good structure tailored for what Sky are looking for
    Posted by MP33

Good post!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to honest answer will do.:
    hi there tk and rest of skypoker,. Just want to ask,is it safe to say that all the players on the poker leauge deserve a place on lasvegas tournament freeroll just because they have more money to play than others, therefor generate more points in a percentage of cash games where as the big lasvegas tournaments are tournaments and not six table cash games? this isnt against the players there are some cracking players,im am just sayin mibi they should do a freeroll with the same structure as in vegas not as many days of course lol, but deepstack mibi start at 1 tourny finish at 10 or something,and let the guys like myself who havnt got the bankroll not the skill to compete with these big SPENDERS. thanks bumbluff ie jp.ta mate
    Posted by BUMBLUFF
    An honest answer? OK, I'll try.

I think it's entirely fair, right, & proper, that Priority Club Members are rewarded with the various perks they get. Other sites do various "special" Rakeback deals etc. Sky Poker look after their bigger players via Priority Club. It's the same thing, but Sky Poker do it their own way. If we don't look after them, we lose them. It's not a secret, never has been, but now it's widely seen by many, people are getting upset. I'm really not sure why people seem to be resentful of the success of others.

They spend more, because they are good at poker, it's that simple. Life, sport, games, poker, reward the winners, & rightly so, that's how life is.

For Sky Poker to be successful, it has to look after ALL it's Clients, big & small. "Big" players don't play Freeroolls, they are played by the smaller" players. Do you have any idea how much Sky Poker spend per year on Freerolls, so that players with little money, &, perhaps, less sophisticated skills, get some regular poker for free?

Add in TSP - open to ALL - Total Player, ditto, PTP-themed events such as TKO & it's variants, SPT, "freebie" Comps on the Community almost daily, the Community itself, & endless support & advice to any & all players who want help, because they struggle with their game, & I honestly believe, hand on heart, that Sky Poker's overall basket of offers & Promotions is as good & fair as any Site out there.

I get, on average, 20 PM's per day seeking help, from newbies, or players struggling with their game. I answer every one. Not usually as promptly as I'd like, but they all get answered. Can you get personal service such as that on ANY other Poker Site?

Of course, I may say that anyway, I could be accused of bias, fair enough, but I truly believe that. What is more, I THINK I can prove it.

Do you have any idea how much Sky Poker's traffic & uniques have increased in....

a) The last 6 months?

b) The last 12 months?  

The figures would astound you, and it suggest Sky Poker must be doing something right, when the traffic on just about every other Online Room is heading gently south right now, Sky Poker's graph is heading north, & very steeply.

You asked for an honest answer, there it is.

I hope it explains the position. Sky Poker are not ashamed that they look after their bigger Clients well. Why should they be? But it looks after ALL it's players well, in my personal opinion. There are thousands of poker sites out there. More & more players are choosing Sky Poker, everyone can see that. There must be a reason.

You can please some of the people some of the time.......but even Sky Poker can't please everyone. Even I admit that.

Take care now. 

• edited February 2011
    vegas promotion is offered to those with smaller bankrolls, a number of players have won seats to vegas through £2.60 satellites, i mean it will take a heck of alot of hard work and determination but if you want it that bad it can be done. 

im a member of the priority club which is exclusively for those who earn over 10k in C4P, it wouldnt bother me a great deal personally but id question the benefits if players who generate a great deal less rake and earn a great deal less points are rewarded with the same prize as me. (no disrespect to anyone ofc) 

as Tikay says, the priority club is beneficial to the development and continued growth of skypoker. 

Hurst05
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: honest answer will do. : Good post!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Yes tk sky do look after people and of course its brill thing the idea of making 10k a month and getin the wonderfull rewards. mibi was a far fetched answer and conclusion to it. l just wanted to know these players play cash, the mostly win on cash, does that mean that they are all good at tournaments where they will be goin to with skypoker ie vegas events, also live events and not online, that was my veiw,but 100percent they all deserve a chance at the big time and y not life is hard and u make what u get.i apologise if this has upset anyone.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: honest answer will do. : not everybody has got the bankroll is what he's trying to say i think
    Posted by scouse_red
    yes scouse mate ats correct,i mean a buisness man alot of cash, a shop assistant not alot of cash. buiness man sits down with 2000 and wins 20000 on a cash table. shop assitant sits down with 2pound wins 20 pounds. raked less same player or beter you decide.lol
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: honest answer will do. : Yes tk sky do look after people and of course its brill thing the idea of making 10k a month and getin the wonderfull rewards. mibi was a far fetched answer and conclusion to it. l just wanted to know these players play cash, the mostly win on cash, does that mean that they are all good at tournaments where they will be goin to with skypoker ie vegas events, also live events and not online, that was my veiw,but 100percent they all deserve a chance at the big time and y not life is hard and u make what u get.i apologise if this has upset anyone.
    Posted by BUMBLUFF
    No need to apologise, & you've not upset anyone, not that I'm aware of. Honest question, honest answer, how can that offend if it's polite both ways?

I take your point about cash players v MTT guys, but my experience suggests that good cash players can more than hold their own in well-structured Live Tourneys. Results of Sky Poker cash players in the WSOP in Vegas the last few years proves that conclusively.

Take care now.
  • edited February 2011
    no problem tk take care to,yes i know some would. just wish we had the chance also mibi i compare luck and money makes jelousy lol, but never mind gd luck to them all and hope win main events and advance the face and reputation of skypoker.
  • edited February 2011
    Once again Mr TK, you show wisdom beyond your years........  As if that is possible ;o)
  • edited February 2011
    If Mr TK,has shown wisdom beyound his years,he must have some amount of wisdom.
    Some people might compare him to ,a antique,the older they are the more we value them.
    However if TK was an antique,would we see him on the antique roadshow,probaly not,more like flog it.
    OR would it be dickinsons REAL DEAL ????