You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Sky Sports BH show thread!

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat

Is it not a 9pm start then?  :))

Comments

• edited February 2011
    How's your week been?

Hard at work? A glimpse of sunshine.. and now the weekend is nearly upon us.. RAIN!!

EEK!

Well you can forget the weather and a breath a mahoosive sigh of relief because today is THURSDAY which means Sky Poker to watch and Sky Poker to play!!

From 8pm Sharpish myself and the man of steel (In the Trains/Cranes & Gantry stakes anyhow) will be coming at you live from Sky Poker HQ.

The main event is the £15K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

Starts At20:00 - 10 FebBuy-In£30 + £3Prize Pool£15000Registered62 / 700Chips2000Blind Limits10 Minutes
    Incentives include a guaranteed 15K prize pool, Quality air time on Sky Poker and all the kudos, admiration and all the virtual free drinks (Courtesy of Dels Bar) you can chug down in one virtual sitting!!

We'll also have a spot of cash, some phonecalls.. Probably Vegas Qualifiers.. and all the usual banter (For 'Banter' see 'Tikay being a little bit rude and me ignoring him ;)

Also if you're playing along and have a hand you'd like us to show..Send us us your name, Hand ID and any other details on the hand to 
    skyopen@bskyb.com

We also have up to Spot prizes in the shape of free tournament entries to give away! So we'll be paying close attention to your stunning plays and plentiful thread posts!!

Tonight's topic is:

What  is was the first film/Album you bought for yourself

I'm reliably informed that Tikay has seen at least 3 films in his lifetime so let's see where this takes us!

Righto.. I'm off for my 6 hours of pre-show Make-up..Tikay will no doubt swan in at 7.55 requesting a light fluffing.. sorry Dusting of face powder..

... And we shall see you all at 8pm!!

• edited February 2011

I may be wrong, Lovely Lisa-Lady, but I did not think we were on Sky Sports tonight.

All the more time to misbehave, if that's the case......
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Sky Sports BH show thread!:
    I may be wrong, Lovely Lisa-Lady, but I did not think we were on Sky Sports tonight. All the more time to misbehave, if that's the case......
    Posted by Tikay10
    your not wrong tikay, it`s not on sky 4 tonite - on another note have you seen my thread 4 request or beggin you have little mention lol and lml a pretty thing like you needing 6hrs make up never !!!
  • edited February 2011
    I may be wrong, Lovely Lisa-Lady, but I did not think we were on Sky Sports tonight. All the more time to misbehave, if that's the case......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Nope nope... I am probably wrong.. Will dble check with Sky Mandy but will otherwise assume that Mr Boss-Tikay is correct (It DOES happen on the odd occasion).

In this case.. as his lordship suggests, we will have EVEN more time for forum posts and such jiggery-pokery!!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited February 2011
    Posted by Tikay10
     Unless you're both analyising the play in the Netball Superleague then this is correct.

My first album which I bought on cassette was Adam and The Ants, Prince Charming.

The first film I bought myself was Star Wars, the first one. Although having said that we've had the prequels now so it's not the first one anymore if that makes sense.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Sky Sports BH show thread! : Nope nope... I am probably wrong.. Will dble check with Sky Mandy but will otherwise assume that Mr Boss-Tikay is correct (It DOES happen on the odd occasion). In this case.. as his lordship suggests, we will have EVEN more time for forum posts and such jiggery-pokery!! Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Posted by LML
    Of course Mr Boss is correct, we are not on Sky Sports this evening - BUT we do have a certian IAN FRAZER in the studio.........to quote LM "Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

So...get posting your questions for Ian NOW!!!

Enjoy the show :)
  • edited February 2011
    OOOH I LOVE Ian Frazer!!

What an AWESOME surprise. Nicest man in Poker (Apart from you Boss xxx)

• edited February 2011
    OOOH I LOVE Ian Frazer!! What an AWESOME surprise. Nicest man in Poker (Apart from you Boss xxx)
    Posted by LML
    YOU CALLING SKY MANDY A MAN ???

• edited February 2011
    Sorry to disappoint, but Ian Frazer will not be in tonight after all - but, rest assured, he is booked in for next Thursday......so make sure you still send those questions in.
  • edited February 2011
    Sorry to disappoint, but Ian Frazer will not be in tonight after all - but, rest assured, he is booked in for next Thursday......so make sure you still send those questions in.
    Posted by Sky_Mandy

Tut tut ;) im glad as not in tonight, i put up thread for you earlier :-( x
  • edited February 2011
    LOL !!

I used to be decisive but now I'm not too sure!!

So to clarify

Are we on from 8pm or 9pm - I think its 9pm

Sky Sports or not Sky Sports? - I think its Netball on Sky Sports!

Ian Frazer or no Ian Frazer? - I think it's no Ian Frazer

My first album I bought was Adam and the Ants Prince Charming in 1981, first film I saw was Airplane !

Both Sian and I have satted in for £1.60 tonight, wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited February 2011
    LOL !! I used to be decisive but now I'm not too sure!!
    So to clarify Are we on from 8pm or 9pm - I think its 9pm Sky Sports or not Sky Sports? - I think its Netball on Sky Sports! Ian Frazer or no Ian Frazer? - I think it's no Ian Frazer My first album I bought was Adam and the Ants Prince Charming in 1981, first film I saw was Airplane ! Both Sian and I have satted in for £1.60 tonight, wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Posted by SolarCarro

I suggest asking ChirpyChip.. He's always right when it comes to matters of time ;)

..Then again you might miss the first hour of the show..
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Sky Sports BH show thread! : Tut tut ;) im glad as not in tonight, i put up thread for you earlier :-( x
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I saw it thank you - and it had already been selected by Hand Picker Dan, ready for Sundays Poker Clinic.
  • edited February 2011
    Hellloooooo you i am back well for a while to give it ago shall be at the tables tonight and at Luton are you going to be there? if so i shall see you soon tc x x 
  • edited February 2011
    da bump as 25min to go
  • edited February 2011

Good Evening LML and Tikay

First Album - Bryan Adams, Reckless

First Film - Highlander ( Still one of my favorites to this day )

Also, could you give a goodbye and good luck mention to Sky Rich as he is off to pastures new.

Pen
  • edited February 2011
    never brought an album was a single for a record player,( can`t believe i`m saying this ) cliff richard and the young ones - living doll, and one for tikay the first film - trains, planes and automobiles,
  • edited February 2011
    I think somebody has been in dels bar already,any way my first album was RIDE A WHITE SWAN ask the young man next to you if he knows who it was by,FREE TEA IF HE IS CORRECT.del
  • edited February 2011
    Not playing in the 15k unfornately after busting out in the satelites, but will be watching as usual

1st film i remember  was when my Auntie took me to the pics to watch Watership down - God i,m old

My first album was something like Now 3 - I think there up to about Now 80 or something . that was on cassete but my first record on vinyl  i bought was "Hole in my shoe" by Neil from the young ones - classic. On the B side was "Hurdy gurdie mushroom man"

Have a good show
  • edited February 2011

We have a few "issues" in the Studio tonight, guys, so the Live Show may, or may not, start late. Or at all. Ish.

In the interim, something will be shown. Not quite sure what, yet......

But fear not, we have an expert on the case, trying to fix it. LML.

Fingers crossed, the Live Show will start at 8.30pm. Probably. Possibly. Ishbly.

Sorry. Talk amongst yourselves.

Anyone remember the BBC pottery wheel thing, used when "normal service will be resumed" was needed? Life was so simple,then.
  • edited February 2011
    Greetings to the lovely Lisa Marie and also to the old codger.
    My first album was Olivia Newton John's first Greatest Hits album in 1982. I was 15 and had a HUGE .... erm...crush on her!!!!
    First film i ever bought was Gremlins. So much fun!!
  • edited February 2011
    Evening LML and Tikay,
              It was quite a while ago but i think the first film i bought was True Grit starring the great John Wayne.
     The first album i bought was Made in Japan by 1 of the best rock bands ever Deep Purple.
                      Have a great show Regards  Mick.

• edited February 2011
    While I would love to be able to say my first album was 'dark side of the moon' by Pink Floyd, or Dire Straits 'communique'.................

Unfortunately it was Jason Donovan's debut!!!, cant remember the title but it had 'sealed with a kiss' on it :)

Disclaimer - I WAS SEVEN! (Bought it with my birthday money)

My first film i'm happier to admit - 'Ronin' with Robert De Niro.
  • edited February 2011

Guess the Karaoke Tune time, I think.

Hello, i- -- -- ----- ------- ---?
  • edited February 2011
    My first album was Britney Spears first release, whatever that was called.

I'm totally not embarrassed about this. I probably should be. Had like a dozen huge posters of her too.

I think it's safe to say I had a leeeetle crush on britbrit growing up.
  • edited February 2011
    I was about to Photoshop Tikay and Lisa-Marie onto the "Ghost" pottery scene, but thought no one needs to be subjected to that.  Least of all Lisa-Marie.
  • edited February 2011
    fisrt album i bought was a kind of magic _queen on cassett with birthday money
     and was a sound track to a film any ideas guys??
    see u at 9 pm  i think

james
  • edited February 2011
    ...s it me you're looking for?
  • edited February 2011
    I spy with my little eye, something beginning with m.