You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i know i have weakness of not being aggressive enough and i am trying to change!

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
WINNIT36 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £16.27
El_Selig Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £4.63
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

natster304 Fold     
serendip18 Raise  £0.60 £1.05 £22.50
pod1 Raise  £1.50 £2.55 £36.80
WINNIT36 Fold     
El_Selig Fold     
serendip18 Call  £0.90 £3.45 £21.60
Flop

• Q

serendip18 Bet  £1.60 £5.05 £20.00
pod1 Raise  £3.20 £8.25 £33.60
serendip18 Call  £1.60 £9.85 £18.40
Turn

serendip18 Check     
pod1 Bet  £4.93 £14.78 £28.67
serendip18 Call  £4.93 £19.71 £13.47
River

• J

serendip18 Check     
pod1 All-in  £28.67 £48.38 £0.00
serendip18 Fold     
pod1 Muck     
pod1 Win  £18.72  £18.72
pod1 Return  £28.67 £0.99

Comments

• edited February 2011
    little over aggressive with the AK i get a row for cbettting every flop i raise. And i shutdown if ive not hit by the turn lol.

WP though.
  • edited February 2011
    WINNIT36 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £26.99
    El_Selig Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £6.36
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

natster304 Fold     
    serendip18 Fold     
    pod1 Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £32.78
    WINNIT36 Raise  £1.95 £3.60 £25.04
    El_Selig Fold     
    pod1 Call  £0.90 £4.50 £31.88
    Flop

WINNIT36 Bet  £4.20 £8.70 £20.84
    pod1 Call  £4.20 £12.90 £27.68
    Turn

• J

WINNIT36 Check     
    pod1 Check     
    River

WINNIT36 Bet  £6.00 £18.90 £14.84
    pod1 Raise  £12.00 £30.90 £15.68
    WINNIT36 Fold     
    pod1 Muck     
    pod1 Win  £23.65  £39.33
    pod1 Return  £6.00 £1.25
  • edited February 2011
    pod1 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £29.55
    KATHY1989 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £22.04
      Your hole cards
    • A

Fabraclass Fold     
    5starginal Fold     
    longdog66 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £24.69
    pete_robo Fold     
    pod1 Call  £0.15 £0.90 £29.40
    KATHY1989 Check     
    Flop

pod1 Bet  £1.50 £2.40 £27.90
    KATHY1989 Call  £1.50 £3.90 £20.54
    longdog66 Call  £1.50 £5.40 £23.19
    Turn

• K

pod1 Bet  £2.70 £8.10 £25.20
    KATHY1989 Fold     
    longdog66 Call  £2.70 £10.80 £20.49
    River

pod1 Bet  £5.40 £16.20 £19.80
    longdog66 Fold     
    pod1 Muck     
    pod1 Win  £10.26  £30.06
    pod1 Return  £5.40 £0.54
  • edited February 2011

hmmmm u need to understand why you are betting.

What are you trying to achieve by betting each time?

Being more aggressive doesn't mean spewing 3 streets with air or trying to get stacks in when you flop top pair....

Ill try n comment on individual hands when I get bak on later, or in the morning.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: i know i have weakness of not being aggressive enough and i am trying to change!:
    hmmmm u need to understand why you are betting. What are you trying to achieve by betting each time? Being more aggressive doesn't mean spewing 3 streets with air or trying to get stacks in when you flop top pair.... Ill try n comment on individual hands when I get bak on later, or in the morning.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Why is beaneh on your account?
  • edited February 2011
    thanks mate, i will explain my thinking on each hand later when i get in from live game.   phil
  • edited February 2011
    Hand 1 I flat call flop. The villains play preflop tells you he is bad/calling station so bluffing is not a good idea. I think more often than not you will get called when you do that.

Hand 2 I raise the flop in case a 4th diamond comes which might kill your action. If K/Qd he might call you down. Definately bet turn to build the pot and raise more on the river.

Hand 3 I fold preflop, lame hand, out of position, so unlikely to hit anything good, but very likely to get into trouble. I'd bet less on the flop, no need to inflate the pot like that with a weak holding. I'd bet like 3/4 pot. If betting turn I'd bet more, wouldn't bet river because I doubt you get called by worse.
  • edited February 2011
    Not sure I like the river shove on hand 1.

It got through though so what do I know but QJ is surely in his range and after the turn it really doesn't look like he can have anything other than a decent Q and im not sure how often people fold it on the river.
  • edited February 2011
    I'll comment on the first hand - raise £1.80 preflop, don't minraise on flop, achieves nothing imo, then on turn you just half pot bet, if he has a draw you've just give him odds again. I'm astonished at the fold on river by villain after the turn call.
  • edited February 2011
    are you betting for value or bluffing?
    if V Betting which hands call or raise?
    if your bluffing do you have pot equity or fold equity, when considering FE think about stack sizes, board textures, player type and multiple opponents as FE can be reduced by these factors

think of these things before you bet or raise
  • edited February 2011
    hand 1)thought 5x would be big enough ( norm 3x) flop bet was just a min raise but at this level have found it to show strength after a biggish raise pre, turn bet was weak (fell back into old habits soz) and river bet was a case of "lets see if i can get this through!!" hand2) 4x raise for a change flat call flop let him build it, turn was check to try and show a missed flush draw and some weakness, river bet was as much as i thought they would call. dam lift is here, hand 3 much later!            
  • edited February 2011
    donk bets are usually 2nd pair or flush draws, so i like the re-raise on the flop in the first hand, although it should have been more, the min raise is too easy for him to call. People, myself included use the donk bet when they are massive though so don't take the second pair or flush draw as gospel.
    I think when he calls the raise, a weak queen, second pair or a pocket pair smaller than queens looks likely.
    i think the all in on the river works most of the time but should only be used against players who can fold hands like pocket 10's or q,10 in that situation. Your opponent's stack also needs to be taken into account as well, it's no good shoving on the end if the guys got £5 left because you're getting called.

The flopped flush hand i thought you played fine. cont bet as you normally would, then just a call when he re-raises. let him hang himself.

the 3rd hand i thought you played the worse. hands where you have a connected flop are the worst to cbet into as you're nearly always getting a call. anyone with a 5, 3, or 6 is probably going to peel one off, 2 pair hands, sets, over-pairs are raising, it's just impossible to get the c-bet through. you had top pair but on boards like this i think it is better to play small pot poker if you have anything less than 2 pair.
    As it turned out the guy probably had a 3 in his hand for the up and down SD and missed.
  • edited February 2011
    how about from now on your not allowed to post a hand where you minraise or where you check the nuts, it will probably improve your game tenfold.
  • edited February 2011
    off shoot, i min raised 1 outta 16 bets in those 3 hands and gave a reason for it, and i didnt check the nuts on any of them, so how  does your smart a r se comment bare any relivence to this thread esp with this heading . like my mum always sayed "if you aint got anything good to say, stay quiet" even salazar has been constructive!!
  • edited February 2011
    first off, you check back the nuts in the 2nd hand and secondly, i was being constructive. If rather than getting on the defensive you actually listened to what people say you might actually get better. If, for say the next week you stopped yourself from ever checking when you hav the nuts or minraising then you would probably see the benefit. Your mindset right now is totally wrong, forget about always trying to show weakness or trapping and focus on always showing strength. You'll win a lot more pots and a lot bigger ones.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: i know i have weakness of not being aggressive enough and i am trying to change!:
    off shoot, i min raised 1 outta 16 bets in those 3 hands and gave a reason for it, and i didnt check the nuts on any of them, so how  does your smart a r se comment bare any relivence to this thread esp with this heading . like my mum always sayed "if you aint got anything good to say, stay quiet" even salazar has been constructive!!
    Posted by pod1
    sorry but i'm going to have to take my comments on the flopped flush hand back, i thought you bet out with the nuts on the flop and got re-raised. then a call with the intention of letting him hang himself would have been fine but now i've looked again i see he bet out and you just called, then checked the turn,
    i think you need to be betting on the turn even if it's only small, give him a chance to come over the top.
    you're not getting enough value out of these miricle flops
  • edited February 2011
    first off, you check back the nuts in the 2nd hand and secondly, i was being constructive. If rather than getting on the defensive you actually listened to what people say you might actually get better. If, for say the next week you stopped yourself from ever checking when you hav the nuts or minraising then you would probably see the benefit. Your mindset right now is totally wrong, forget about always trying to show weakness or trapping and focus on always showing strength. You'll win a lot more pots and a lot bigger ones.
    Posted by offshoot
    Try this !!
  • edited February 2011
    sorry for being a bit off last night off shoot, came back from live game a bit worse for wear(did win it mind!!!) i will try and implement those changes, but those 3 hands were played more aggressive and less trappy (apart from the check on hand 2 on the turn) than i normally play. 1 step at a time. had 6 outta 7 winning sessions this week and i dont want to change things to quick, but do want to change. thanks for imput   phil