You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Any one got a remedy to stop my tears when I lose please?????

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
I am such a wuss .... please comment to help me get over it ......   yidette9 feels very down just now

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Any one got a remedy to stop my tears when I lose please?????:
    I am such a wuss .... please comment to help me get over it ......   yidette9 feels very down just now
    Posted by yidette9
    WIN
  • edited February 2011
    where`s budgirl when you need (the groin) to let it out, lol
  • edited February 2011
    simples ! if your gonna lose, just fold pre !!

Don't be such a wuss either, where's that DS Champ of a couple of days ago !!

Chin -up Champ !!
  • edited February 2011
    I use a technique called "drinking lots of wine"

• edited February 2011
    Ive tried, she takes suck outs realy bad!!!!!!!! Theres only 1 cure for variance and thats to consistently get your chips in as mathematical favourite, which 9 out of 10 lorraine does.  eep ya chin up honey , you.ve got a great game!!!! Don't change a thing!!!!!  We'll play heads up on free play laters you can own me again.    NOT. xxxxxxxxx
  • edited February 2011
    Keep your chin up
    You played very well on monday and were very unlucky to bubble with your fullhouse which was riverd by a bigger fullhouse
    This game can be very frustrating at times but it only takes one good cash to bring back your confidence
    Regards
    Dave ("Betterha1f "s other half)
  • edited February 2011
    dont try and outplay,A,10 WITH KQ
  • edited February 2011

Chin up lor !

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Any one got a remedy to stop my tears when I lose please?????:
    dont try and outplay,A,10 WITH KQ
    Posted by thejudge10
    Calling raises wi a10 is very profitable keep it up!!!!  PS how you getting on in the 7.15 deepstack ?

• edited February 2011
    lol funny enough im out
  • edited February 2011
    I so wanted to fold this hand, Steve (AKA Buddonk) insisted i was 54% favourite so the call was correct, advice my friends pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!! xx
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    massey10 Small blind   30.00 30.00 13592.50
    justin1967 Big blind   60.00 90.00 5030.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

BBB56 Call   60.00 150.00 4237.50
    JusNeil Fold        
    BSP Fold        
    yidette9 Raise   180.00 330.00 5755.00
    massey10 Call   150.00 480.00 13442.50
    justin1967 Call   120.00 600.00 4910.00
    BBB56 Call   120.00 720.00 4117.50
    Flop

massey10 All-in   13442.50 14162.50 0.00
    justin1967 Fold        
    BBB56 Fold        
    yidette9 All-in   5755.00 19917.50 0.00
    massey10 Unmatched bet   7687.50 12230.00 7687.50
    massey10 Show
    • A

yidette9 Show
    • A

Turn

River

• A

massey10 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 10s 12230.00   19917.50

• edited February 2011
    no you were a slight dog about 45%.
    how ever u hav to put your oppon a straight,so your about  34% to hit the flush
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Any one got a remedy to stop my tears when I lose please?????:
    no you were a slight dog about 45%. how ever u hav to put your oppon a straight,so your about  34% to hit the flush
    Posted by thejudge10
    How are you getting 45% mate 54% was correct.

And with an open shove on the flop are you really putting the opponent on a straight?
  • edited February 2011
    I beg to differ judge

Any 6
    Any j
    Any club
    3 aces, obv opponent holding ace reduces outs but this is unknown at the time
    20 outs with 2 cards to come

lorraine wins 54% of the time
    opponent wins 44% of time
    splits 2%

regars

steve
  • edited February 2011
    I beg to differ judge Any 6 Any j Any club 3 aces, obv opponent holding ace reduces outs but this is unknown at the time 20 outs with 2 cards to come lorraine wins 54% of the time opponent wins 44% of time splits 2% regars steve
    Posted by yidette9
    Your percentage is right but you only have 15 outs.

Your outs were 9 clubs, 3 6s, 3 Js (others are included in the clubs) and Ace doesn't help as gives opponent two pair.

15 outs = 54% so that bits right :) Unlucky
  • edited February 2011
    are we talking about clean outs,what are you putting your opponent on.
    he,s pushed all in after the flop.
    so at worse your opponent has top straight.
    so jack or 6 wld split.
    so your only clean outs wld be the flush.= 34%

once you make the call,and then we see your opponents hand
     u have 17 outs at best, so at this stage your about 60% fav,although then your opponent has re draws,which would bring it down to about 54% and 2% split.
    but this is only after you see your opponents hand.
    you should be calculating before you call and put your ,opponent on straight,unless youknow his history.
    so your only clean outs are the flush = 34%
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    yes 15 outs
    Posted by thejudge10
    I'm not saying a flopped straight is out of his range but the guy has a 13000+ chip stack at 30/60 blind level.

Surly if he had flopped it he would want value and go for a risk reward betting through the streets, not shove to scare people off and pick up a 12bb pot?

Top pair, two pair or even a set seem more likely (and indeed was the case), with the shove to protect on a draw heavy board.
  • edited February 2011
    Bang on red!!!!

I personnaly dont put him on strt, maybe 2 pair or exactly what he had, i dont pass the hand to be fair with only 2 players heads up in pot, other players other action i might consider folding

steve

• edited February 2011
    Anyway, lorraines playing 5.50 deepie at mo go and rail for me giveher some support shes a bit down at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steve
  • edited February 2011
    wouldnt fold either,but you have to be aware of the worse poss case,it wouldnt be first time a over bet gets paid,you will get called,suprisingly often, with this play,for the reason,that if you had the straight u wldnt push all in
  • edited February 2011
    From what i can see of the hand, at least you were the person putting  chips in 1st and asking the questions and you had a lot of outs regardless of your opponents cards. Open a bottle of wine and take a drink and put it out of your mind,having read your recent great live result you can't be doing too much wrong. Chin up and good luck at the tables, Dave.
  • edited February 2011
    why are we discussing this????  I went out and that is that !!! Better luck next time I hope ......
  • edited February 2011
    From what i can see of the hand, at least you were the person putting  chips in 1st and asking the questions and you had a lot of outs regardless of your opponents cards. Open a bottle of wine and take a drink and put it out of your mind,having read your recent great live result you can't be doing too much wrong. Chin up and good luck at the tables, Dave.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    thank you 
  • edited February 2011
    cant explain how down I am just now .... Just downer than down can be !!!!   .....  hey, ho,,,,, gimme some good hands tomorrow please x x x x x x x   
  • edited February 2011
    Drink Less Chardonnay ;o)
  • edited February 2011
    Lorraine you played A9 hand fine, just the way it goes we cant bink all the time :)

Try not to take each hand to heart, after all you have been doing very well you should be proud that your getting in fave most of the time which means you should be a winning player in the long run. just think its a marathon not a sprint, we cant win them all unfortunately.

Good luck at the tables, today is another day x
  • edited February 2011
    why are we discussing this????  I went out and that is that !!! Better luck next time I hope ......
    Posted by yidette9

Well said Lorraine,
        Please dont join the growing army of players on here who just love to moan and groan when they get beat .
    You are better than that as you say " i went out and that is that " on 2 the next tourney.
                 Good luck in all your games and hope 2 see you at the tables soon .
                                              Regards  Mick.
  • edited February 2011
    have a shandy!! well I've run out of the Chardonnay. Bad influence you are!!
    worked for me yesterday after I'd lost a buy in. ground out a (very) small profit by getting it in ahead or asking the questions.

from what I've seen you are doing all the right things and got the right attitude which is a winning combination over time.
    you'll always get the "beats" as almost no hand is the absolute nuts

gl
    David
  • edited February 2011
    Hey Yiddette

Here's the best bit of poker advice I have ever read, and it's got nothing to do with poker.  It called the Serenity Prayer.  Alcoholics Anonymous use it:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

My advice would be to read it until it clicks, I know I did.