You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A Thought for SUKPT Qualifying Satellites

edited March 2011 in The Sky Poker Tour
It has struck me ever since I first went to the DTD event 2 years ago, that it is odd that we have 6-seater qualifiers for a 10-seater event. The qualifying rounds in the FA Cup aren't 5 a-side. They don't run snooker qualifiers on pool tables.
It seems obvious that any tournament should run the same structure (as much as possible) all the way through - there is quite a difference between playing 6-handed and 10-handed.
Just a thought.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to A Thought for SUKPT Qualifying Satellites:
    It has struck me ever since I first went to the DTD event 2 years ago, that it is odd that we have 6-seater qualifiers for a 10-seater event. The qualifying rounds in the FA Cup aren't 5 a-side. They don't run snooker qualifiers on pool tables. It seems obvious that any tournament should run the same structure (as much as possible) all the way through - there is quite a difference between playing 6-handed and 10-handed. Just a thought.
    Posted by Eyeman
    got to agree with this one all of the other sites I play all have 10 seats at all tourneys, those that have 5/6 are short seated comps & it really does effect they way you play

could some one from sky explain why they have 6 seats in all tourneys ?
  • edited February 2011

That's a fair point, guys.

Why is it not done?

No real reason, I don't think, it's just always been that way.

The Site is predominantly a 6-max site, & when we run well-structured 10 Seater Tourneys, there seems to be very low interest, ditto the 10 seat cash Tables, they are very lightly populated.

Would it affect the number of players attempting to qualify if we switched the Satellites to 10 seaters? Probably not.

But it's also worth noting that whilst 6 max & 10 seaters are apples & pears, to a degree, so is Online Poker v Live Poker - they are VERY different animals indeed.

So, not much correlation between the two in any way, I suppose.

Fiinlly, whilst I take your point 100%, the SPT is a product that gives us a headache due to it's sheer popularity. Seats "qualify out" in a few weeks, & there are endless problems from players who cannot get a seat for them. Nice problem!, but I don't think switching from 6 to 10 seaters would solve that. 
  • edited February 2011
    got to agree with tikay
    personaly if the choice was mine id opt for the 6 seat option every time. and the bonus for skypoker on that is that it is different to most other sites i think if sky were to change to 10 seaters it would just blend in with all the competitors. this is just my personal preference theres probabley just as many people would choose 10 seaters as well. 

In Response to Re: A Thought for SUKPT Qualifying Satellites:
    That's a fair point, guys. Why is it not done? No real reason, I don't think, it's just always been that way. The Site is predominantly a 6-max site, & when we run well-structured 10 Seater Tourneys, there seems to be very low interest, ditto the 10 seat cash Tables, they are very lightly populated. Would it affect the number of players attempting to qualify if we switched the Satellites to 10 seaters? Probably not. But it's also worth noting that whilst 6 max & 10 seaters are apples & pears, to a degree, so is Online Poker v Live Poker - they are VERY different animals indeed. So, not much correlation between the two in any way, I suppose. Fiinlly, whilst I take your point 100%, the SPT is a product that gives us a headache due to it's sheer popularity. Seats "qualify out" in a few weeks, & there are endless problems from players who cannot get a seat for them. Nice problem!, but I don't think switching from 6 to 10 seaters would solve that. 
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited March 2011
    I love Sky's 6-seater format, it was only for SUKPT qualifiers that it seemed incongruous.