You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT- Live hand early level- discuss

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Seat3 Post Small blind 75
Seat 4 post BB 150
Seat 5 folds
Seat 6 folds
Seat 7 calls
Seat 8 Raises to 450
Seat 9 Folds
Seat 1 Folds
Seat 2(KcJc) calls 450(Me)
Seat3 Folds
Seat 4 calls 300

Flop Ac4c4h

Seat 4 bets 800
Seat 8 re-raises to 2000
Seat 2 ?????

What do you do here?

Seat 4
was weak post flop, previously a guy(seat 3) who got tilted because the chip denominations he couldnt get used to so said all on on AA7 board shoved with about 2500 invested folded to there all in?? they showed ace aswell, other person said folded A7 aswell. Quite a passive player but i was weak after the flop from observation.
Seat 8 had played probably every other hand, always raising any sign of weakness. gave up couple of pots got re-raised by flatting and then folding to bet on turn. late 40s dressed in suit
Seat 2 which is me, i played tight early on lost about 2.5 k when i hit trip 7s with A7 v FH min re-raised on river so i just flatted. 1 other hand i played limped behind serial raiserr with AQ, then low flop gave up as 4 handed.

Stack sizes, I have about 8 to 8.5k
Seat 4 has about 8k
seat 8 has around starting 12k

Sorry if this reads bad but just got in, level 3 in blinds still i will post result tomorrow

Comments

• edited February 2011
    paired board i fold personally.

However in the heat of the moment i look at my cards and screen all in. But thats because im an idot.

Fold imo is the correct play.
  • edited February 2011
    I'll post what i did, also if requested my thoughts  for each street
  • edited February 2011
    With 8k you still have 53 bigs. If the FD was on a board of Ac 7c 2C I would be more in favour as you might get a fold from a weak ace but tbh once seat 8 makes that reraise I can't see him folding so the shove to bluff (as you have no hand right now) won't work, also you mentioned he was passive well passive players don't normally raise so when one does alarm bells should be going off.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: MTT- Live hand early level- discuss:
    With 8k you still have 53 bigs. If the FD was on a board of Ac 7c 2C I would be more in favour as you might get a fold from a weak ace but tbh once seat 8 makes that reraise I can't see him folding so the shove to bluff (as you have no hand right now) won't work, also you mentioned he was passive well passive players don't normally raise so when one does alarm bells should be going off.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    person who open raised to 800 was passive but had bet and folded to a re-raise previously on a couple of occasions most notable when he folded trips Ax, on AA7 board- not the worst fold but was so obvious the other person had nothing everyone said they would snap call in his spot as the opponent was tilted/tired didnt want to play visibly etc

person who re-raised had done this on previous hands and if re-raised would generally flat and then fold turn to a bet/shove. I will put thought process later but i think its probably obvious what i did here