You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

what to do?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
MADMOO Small blind  1000.00 1000.00 24013.78
harding10 Big blind  2000.00 3000.00 40258.50
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

MICKY777 Fold     
xxxx Raise  4000.00 7000.00 43417.52
massey10 Fold     
MADMOO Fold  
I'm 4th with 15 left in the 7.15 £2.20 deepstack with 20BB, facing a min raise from the cut-off by a player with more chips than myself. Most of the field between 20K and 40K chips.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to what to do?:
    MADMOO Small blind   1000.00 1000.00 24013.78 harding10 Big blind   2000.00 3000.00 40258.50   Your hole cards K A       MICKY777 Fold         TheOAP Raise   4000.00 7000.00 43417.52 massey10 Fold         MADMOO Fold   I'm 4th with 15 left in the 7.15 £2.20 deepstack with 20BB, facing a min raise from the cut-off by a player with more chips than myself. Most of the field between 20K and 40K chips.
    Posted by harding10
    harding i got the opportunity to play in a deepstack with you the other day and i thought u played very well, got unlucky i running into me with a bigger ace i thought, and out of the two opponents left i thought you where the bigger threat.

So this information above makes me wounder why youve even posted this hand, as AK her is a simple shove, we dont have enough back to cbet and miss the flop.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: what to do?:
    In Response to what to do? : harding i got the opportunity to play in a deepstack with you the other day and i thought u played very well, got unlucky i running into me with a bigger ace i thought, and out of the two opponents left i thought you where the bigger threat. So this information above makes me wounder why youve even posted this hand, as AK her is a simple shove, we dont have enough back to cbet and miss the flop.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Cheers Don. I shoved for the reasons you give, and lost to 88 holding up.

Just asked the question because I've now been caught a few too many times playing this way and as a relatively inexperienced learner wondered if I was getting a bit too aggressive.

Wasn't concerned with the hand I went out against you with ealier in the week because any A with 5 BB has to go in, but did wonder whether the shove with A6c against bluenose's BB when he also had a bigger A was too agro.

I've probably not played 50 pay-to-play mtt's yet, and with work starting at 4am I don't get to play much volume, so a couple of similar outcomes in a week makes me wonder if I'm doing things right. It costs nothing to ask in here. (unless there's now a rake in the clinic)
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: what to do?:
    In Response to Re: what to do? : Cheers Don. I shoved for the reasons you give, and lost to 88 holding up. Just asked the question because I've now been caught a few too many times playing this way and as a relatively inexperienced learner wondered if I was getting a bit too aggressive. Wasn't concerned with the hand I went out against you with ealier in the week because any A with 5 BB has to go in, but did wonder whether the shove with A6c against bluenose's BB when he also had a bigger A was too agro. I've probably not played 50 pay-to-play mtt's yet, and with work starting at 4am I don't get to play much volume, so a couple of similar outcomes in a week makes me wonder if I'm doing things right. It costs nothing to ask in here. (unless there's now a rake in the clinic)
    Posted by harding10
    Yea i think this is just pretty standard poker here to be honest mate, and glad you said you shoved, as i said if we 3-bet we're commited anyways.

What i will say about this hand is i hate the min raise at these levels with the 88. Prices you in, in the big blinds with so many good post flop holdings, that you could call pre and fold post to if missed say 67dd.

I understand your work commitments, and this costs me alot of playing time in prime poker time on sky. Hense why a number of my HH are now late night from another site because i dont trust myself on cash tables. What i will say if its volume you seek, try getting in a few tournaments at once. From what i seen of you, it wont affect your game too much, and if you say 3 tabling at 6PM you learn 3x as fast as one tabling at 6PM.

I found the multi balls helped me improve and learn to understand mistakes im making in tournaments easier because i was playing such a volume. For all i still prefer to single table mtts i do enjoy multi tabling them to. Its not only cash players who can enjoy that luxuary,

obviously i know this is just my experiances, so may not be right for yourself.