You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Playing small pairs in DYM

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
i would prefer to see a cbet dont want KQ QJ KJ type hands checking behind and getting there.

Other than that got your money in good ul.

Also on the raise pre what buy in level is this?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Double Your Money, fairly early on. Thought I played this well and just got unlucky on the river.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancenettenSmall blind 25.0025.001740.00GeoffmBig blind 50.0075.001657.50 Your hole cards22   4t9Fold    futsalrefRaise 150.00225.002037.50louise1966Call 150.00375.001367.50julieanneFold    nettenFold    GeoffmFold    Flop  2A10   futsalrefCheck    louise1966All-in 1367.501742.500.00futsalrefCall 1367.503110.00670.00futsalrefShow22   louise1966ShowAJ   Turn  A   River  10   louise1966WinFull House, Aces and 10s3110.00 3110.00
  • edited February 2011

£5.50 DYM

I figured the A would bring a bet out of the remaining player having position and I intended to then reraise.

Was very surprised at the all-in, putting them on Ax or outside chance of TT given the call of the pre-flop bet.

Happy to see AJ and even when the A paired.

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Playing small pairs:
    £5.50 DYM
    Posted by futsalref
    i limp call here as im folding any flop that doesnt contain a 2. And afterall dyms are all about survival. If you edit your title to say its a dym hand then im sure some more experianced DYM players will be more likley to comment and will probably be able to offer better advice than me.
  • edited February 2011
    I limp or fold pre tbh, this looks like a bad beat thread........... you went in well ahead

dont like the open raise early position with 22 rather limp & re-assess, on that flop I assume you had read your opponent is likely to bet out? then fine, although i probably bet out flop anyway make it look like a standard c bet 200 ish

• edited February 2011
    Bad beat yaaaaaaawn
  • edited February 2011
    I'm not moaning about the outcome.

I like the odds and will lose it sometimes but for sure the 2s are going to hold post flop on most occasions.

Just wanting to see if people would have played the small pair differently.

As it's a DYM should I be more conservative?
  • edited February 2011
    i would never raise with 22 at the start. majority of the time you wont hit a set on the flop and your hand becomes meaningless, only near the end would i be raising or going all in with that
  • edited February 2011
    I am auto folding 22 and other small pairs at this early stage of a dym, esp utg!

(the exception to this is if i can see a cheap multi-way flop in late position or in the blinds, intention to set mine only)

But, at least you raised, and you got your money in good. Just ul on this occasion.

• edited February 2011
    open folding is better than limping here
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Playing small pairs in DYM:
    I am auto folding 22 and other small pairs at this early stage of a dym, esp utg! (the exception to this is if i can see a cheap multi-way flop in late position or in the blinds, intention to set mine only) But, at least you raised, and you got your money in good. Just ul on this occasion.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    +1
  • edited February 2011
    i always limp in with small pair esp utg unless im short stacked, if u are going to bet 3x preflop, say blinds are 50 y not just put 150 a side if it cheap just  call the streets down, 1 in 8 flops will hit trips, and if ur small pair hits normally u get paid, but i normally limp,if their is a  raise ill fold, if i miss the flop i ll check fold   
  • edited February 2011
    regardless how u played this was just a cooler, well if u limped and he raised u could of got away
  • edited February 2011
    Not a cbet though is it?  Betting here on flop is for value (you can't know you're gonna get sucked out on).