You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THIS DEBATE IS NOW A COMMUNITY THREAD

edited September 2009 in The Shed
Hi Michael,

This sudden urge wouldn't have anything to do with the Croatian goal ;)

Personally if they can come up with instant decisions then I support it, but I do not think football is a sport that can have the players standing idly around waiting for a decision. It would lose some of the 'romance' from the game. I would support goal line technology if it was fool proof and immediate.

Good luck

Dave

Comments

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Support Needed for a Petition for TV REPLAYS in Football / the Thred is in the Shed // MANY THANKS:
    Hi Michael, This sudden urge wouldn't have anything to do with the Croatian goal ;) Personally if they can come up with instant decisions then I support it, but I do not think football is a sport that can have the players standing idly around waiting for a decision. It would lose some of the 'romance' from the game. I would support goal line technology if it was fool proof and immediate. Good luck Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30

hi dave not really last nites game was last straw its a new season and already there are at least 10 incidents which have cost punters cash   /  cost teams points & its just not funny anymore so the petition is very real & if there is enough support for it i will forward it to next stage would be nice if Sky Supported it we shall see

many thanks m8

michael
  • edited September 2009

Ithink its time the FA joined the 21st Century like they have  in Rugby

this is a Serious Petition which i will be forwarding to the FA

as i am a fan/punter/and a great beleiver in fairplay
    in all sports

lets all get behind this

many thanks
       dtw   aka  michael
  • edited September 2009
    hi mike i am fully with you with this, and yes a refs decisions has cost me money this season so far,and my team pts
    through silly mistakes, i know they have tested a 3rd ref behind each goal 

here's a suggestion

instead of having a 3rd ref at each goal why not have just 1 up in the                                                                          commentarys box in each ground  with a camera
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Petition for Football TV REPLAYS in Match:
    hi mike i am fully with you with this, and yes a refs decisions has cost me money this season so far,and my team pts through silly mistakes, i know they have tested a 3rd ref behind each goal                                                                                                                       here's a suggestion                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 instead of having a 3rd ref at each goal why not have just 1 up in the                                                                          commentarys box in each ground  with a camera
    Posted by lucky77777

cheers lucky i can see where Dave is coming from stop starting could take the passion out of the game although i do think there needs to be some sort of tech gadget installed to make life easier for example in rowing when the front goes over the line there's a beep maybe a chip could be inserted into a football when it is being made with a receiver sensor around the pitch ie goal to goal and sidelines which would give a signal to the ref & 4th official in-case the linesman missed do you think that could work

dtw
  • edited September 2009
    I dont mean to sound rude, but a petition isnt going to work, it has fail written all over it.

There have prob been petitions from much bigger websites with thousands of names and the F.A wont bother with it.

They know the problem, everyone knows the problem but its when they decide to bring it in to affect, they have already tested it some games last season so i think its more of when than if.
  • edited September 2009
    yes as the hole ball has got to cross the line it could very well solve that problem  c u soon m8 gl on tables
  • edited September 2009
    Hey dt i agree video replys are a good idea, but the FA, Fifa and Uefa will never go down this line. Well not in my life time neway. We can only hope that some time in the future they pull there finger out and do something. Goal line technology and penalty decision would take 20 secs, i i cant see y it would be so hard to implement in to the game.

Just take the palace, b city game, all the time the players took moaning about the decision if we had replys the goal would of been given and the game would of restarted quicker than waitin for the palace plyers who were still chasing the ref round the pitch lol.

One final thought if every decision was right, wot would we have to moan about, Ozzie
  • edited September 2009
    your team not winning by enough goals ozz, ha ha ha, like i say is more or less what your saying ozz is have a camera in the stand it would take secs

its so simple

football is a money game now, so there for its not really just a football game now 
                                          and money you cannot play around with

cheers lucky
  • edited September 2009
    Hey dt i agree video replys are a good idea, but the FA, Fifa and Uefa will never go down this line. Well not in my life time neway. We can only hope that some time in the future they pull there finger out and do something. Goal line technology and penalty decision would take 20 secs, i i cant see y it would be so hard to implement in to the game. Just take the palace, b city game, all the time the players took moaning about the decision if we had replys the goal would of been given and the game would of restarted quicker than waitin for the palace plyers who were still chasing the ref round the pitch lol. One final thought if every decision was right, wot would we have to moan about, Ozzie
    Posted by Ozzie08

totally agree with u m8 with all the whiz-kids & technologies around today there must be a way of implement something into the game of today i admit change is always a hard thing for example the footballs/goal posts / the pitch/ thegrounds/no terraces any more (miss them) the game is all polotics now i remember when football was just football everthing has changed we are always moving forward with new ideas if something gets enough support then it gets done its the way its always been it just needs a bit of clout to get it done

today's football rely's on sponsors as do most sports these same sponsors also sponsor various poker sites both online & live APAT has a sponsor that sponsors Premiership etc in this country 1 voice has always made a difference its what gets the ball rolling & eventually gets things done once people see its feasible then pressure is applied to get end result

this is 1 change that is long overdue the main obstacle is the FA in Lancaster Gate who's commitee's average age is from the 60's/70's so have misconceptions about technology in the 21st Century they are stuck in there ways & need to be convinced a change is needed

i strongly beleive that change should be now and sorted so its ready for next season even more so for the World Cup which England have a good chance of winning

michael
  • edited September 2009
    I dont mean to sound rude, but a petition isnt going to work, it has fail written all over it. There have prob been petitions from much bigger websites with thousands of names and the F.A wont bother with it. They know the problem, everyone knows the problem but its when they decide to bring it in to affect, they have already tested it some games last season so i think its more of when than if.
    Posted by Norbit

i can see where you are coming from Norbit and have answered it in my reply to ozzie08's concerns

many thanks dtw