You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Interesting...

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Just decided to watch the remainder of the 2k bh, with 4 left, when the 4th person was eliminated the 2 big stacks went away at the same time :S leaving the short stack to steal the blinds take there bountys and gain another 250 quid!

Was abit weird tbh, wish when i entered a tourny everyone was away for the duration of the whole thing :P

Comments

• edited February 2011
    While it may be allowable its hardly a challenge and personally I would get no satisfaction from doing such a thing. I once watched the end of one of the big tours when one player got disconned and the other who yes was in front at the time just raised the other out I was gutted for the away player and sickened by the winners actions this was for around a £1000 increase in prize. That said I have never been in this position and would not know what to do, is it possible to sit out till the other player gets back on line? Is it OK to continue and raise the away player out of the game as it clearly is not your fault they have been disconned? maybe this should be a new thread although I would imagine it has been discussed before! Its funny isn't it that we had a post yesterday about someone offering to pay back a players entry fee who had bought into mistakenly a sit and go at £55 believing it was £5.50p hmmm to every positive there is a negative.
    Ray
  • edited February 2011
    Yeh mate, i no its not nice when a player gets disconnected and if it happened to me i would probably smash up my laptop, but if i was in the position where someone was disconnected and it was for a lot of money i would keep stealing, it was just weird that the 2 chip leaders both disconnected at the same time, i think 1 of them had took around 16 people out aswell so it was a nice sum of money.
  • edited February 2011
    it happens all the time and theres been several threads about it

if its someone you know who would wait then i wait at least a level or 2 , then steal away unfortunatley others dont always do this as i have losst a couple of times only disc for about 1 minute people just smash the raise button
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Interesting...:
    it happens all the time and theres been several threads about it if its someone you know who would wait then i wait at least a level or 2 , then steal away unfortunatley others dont always do this as i have losst a couple of times only disc for about 1 minute people just smash the raise button
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Really.

Now i have 3 logical explinations

A. Its someone i know so i wait because im nice

B. I dont know them so their problem

C. Its Young Gun and waiting for him and playing him will be easier than stealing :P
  • edited February 2011
    lol^^ its funny because its true :)
  • edited February 2011
    I have been on a viva las vegas quarter table and a player went away, the player was below average stack and the blinds were getting high, i felt very bad for the player so i let my timer run to the very last second and delayed as much as i could because some other players were clearly stealing, although when they did sit back in, that player knocked me out, but i am happy they got their chance to sit back in with chips worth playing with