You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

And because of that im out

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi 
Sorry to say but i think its time for me to take a break from sky poker, I started playing on sky just over two years ago it was fun, over the past couple of months it has become very anoying and frustrating when you go in ahead and come out losing. I know some of you will say that's poker and we all go through bad bad times, but if its not fun anymore it time to take a break. I have heard the saying a good poker player knows when to fold and because of that i'm out.

Good luck to all that know me, i may or may not see you all in the near future.

Kind Regards Rawhand (Rob)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Maybe it's best if you take a couple of months out.

Once you start missing the game and got your head sorted you may come back and your hands start holdinng up again.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Rob, seems a shame, your mtt stats indicate that you have potential, but need a couple of small tweaks in your game, maybe closer pot control, or a small bit less agression early in hands-- looks like you aint doing too much wrong--- why not try a few tweaks and have another go after a rest--- try the 2 quid deep stacks-- great for honing your game and patience pays in these--gl m8--- floppa whoppa!!!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to And because of that im out:
    Hi  Sorry to say but i think its time for me to take a break from sky poker, I started playing on sky just over two years ago it was fun, over the past couple of months it has become very anoying and frustrating when you go in ahead and come out losing. I know some of you will say that's poker and we all go through bad bad times, but if its not fun anymore it time to take a break. I have heard the saying a good poker player knows when to fold and because of that i'm out. Good luck to all that know me, i may or may not see you all in the near future.   Kind Regards Rawhand (Rob)
    Posted by rawhand
    Soz to hear this Rob .
    Send me a pm if you wish & if you want me to,
     i will run through your stats .

In this way we may come up with a poker winning plan for you .

Denis

• edited February 2011
    Now how u feel,had 3 pocket pairs beaten,late in comp,pushed got looked up,all 3 times,they hit.
    had pocket queens,flop 668 opponent chckd i bet pot he pushes,i call hits an ace on the river.
    hit the flush on the turn shove the lot in,get called with 2 pair,hits full house on the river.
    hut 2 pair on flop,i shove again,he calls with overpair,get counterfited.

All in a week,all deepin tournaments.6 times this week.

i know there is variance but this takes the p iss
  • edited February 2011
    good now ive cooled down have to have a good look at my game,try and figure what im doing wrong
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: And because of that im out:
    Hi Rob, seems a shame, your mtt stats indicate that you have potential, but need a couple of small tweaks in your game, maybe closer pot control, or a small bit less agression early in hands-- looks like you aint doing too much wrong--- why not try a few tweaks and have another go after a rest--- try the 2 quid deep stacks-- great for honing your game and patience pays in these--gl m8--- floppa whoppa!!!
    Posted by oynutter
    Thanks oynutter for the advise will take a break first and try again

Thanks irishrover will pm you when im ready to try again if thats OK.

Good luck.
  • edited February 2011
    amazing what a week away will do, see you soon   phil
  • edited February 2011

Just go back to basics, Raw. It's not a complicated game at our level, but we all get into bad habits.

1) Play less hands.

2) Remember ALWAYS Position.

3) It's better to be a bettor than a caller.

4) Bluff less frequently.

5) Concentrate, watch who is doing what, & adjust your play accordingly.

5) Poker is a game of huge variance & luck. The best players on earth go on long downswings. So the you & me's of this world need to accept them. NOBODY can avoid negative variance & downswings.

Good luck. 
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: And because of that im out:
    In Response to Re: And because of that im out : Thanks oynutter for the advise will take a break first and try again Thanks irishrover will pm you when im ready to try again if thats OK. Good luck.
    Posted by rawhand

No Probs Rob enjoy the break & come back refreshed ,
    it can be quiet overwhelming at times this on line poker .

Denis

p.s  chat when you get back