You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT - on the turn, give up? or Jam?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic

No reads on the guy, it's only a £5 tourny.

Just been moved here a few hands ago, not played a hand, not seen him play one.

Cut off raise with KTo is standard

6-2-2 board is a c bet every time, and he flats.

Looking at weak 6's and flush draws as the bulk of his range, and maybe pkt 5's, 4's and 3's.....obv 66 v rarely, and quads hardly ever.

Turn is checked to me again, what's your thinking? Do you shut up shop?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xJIMBOx Small blind  25.00 25.00 3545.00
horatio946 Big blind  50.00 75.00 2935.00
  Your hole cards
  • K

llandody Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  150.00 225.00 1685.00
scotty77 Fold     
xJIMBOx Call  125.00 350.00 3420.00
horatio946 Call  100.00 450.00 2835.00
Flop

xJIMBOx Check     
horatio946 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  337.50 787.50 1347.50
xJIMBOx Fold     
horatio946 Call  337.50 1125.00 2497.50
Turn

horatio946 Check     
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I would give up at this point and just check it down, then fold to his river shove!
  • edited February 2011

1. i wouldn't necessarily raise preflop at this blind level, esp with Scotty sitting there. I dont really like K10 o/s as it can get you into alot of trouble.

2. I wouldn't usually standard C bet into 2 random players

3. I cant fire the 2nd barrel unless i know that the guy has the capability to fold A6 and other 6s. Or if i am sure he is bad enough to call that flop with just 2 picture cards

4. So that means its time to give up as you have no reads.

5 im off out

6 why am i numbering my points like a moron?

• edited February 2011
    I barrel again, I really doubt he has the 2 so keep on firing

then again this is how I end up donking out of 90% of tournaments, the read on opponent is right but they can't fold weak hands, so giving up might just be the best option. But on that board I think you can get him off it, people like to float the first card and see what the turn brings, a solid enough bet folds out a huge amount of hands (overcards/flush draw) and you could quite easily fold out a 6 too. Even if he calls you've got the overs to potentially hit, I think he could easily be chasing flush.
  • edited February 2011
    Preflop and flop is pretty much how I'd have played it. On turn any bet you fire will be very commiting and anything you can bet/fold with isn't worth making tbh. I just check and say well done when he shows Ace high at showdown.
  • edited February 2011

What sort of hands do you think he has dudeskin???

As you say, if we bet, it's as a bluff, so there's no other option than to jam the lot in.......

I had him pegged on a flush draw, in which case, it's very possible I could have the best hand.........

I thought I could represent an overpair well with the action so far.......

And Hoggerty McHogg, you surely HAVE to c bet that flop!!! The hands that can continue given the action pre are soooooooo sparce. I bet sparce wudda c bet it ;)

• edited February 2011
    i think with a pot of over 1000 chips its a little hard to just give up on, i also think a player could be chasing a flush on this occasion
  • edited February 2011
    Depends on the player, he could just have some random 6 or maybe he does have the FD with an Ace. Also do you think he's good enough to fold a 6 or is he a 'I have a pair I WILL NEVER FOLD' kinda guy... really hate those, at which point shoving is pointless.

You have 27 bigs if you don't put anymore money in which is fine for an MTT imo, just depends how much you value the 1125 in there and if it's worth shoving on a complete air bluff to get it.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: MTT - on the turn, give up? or Jam?:
    What sort of hands do you think he has dudeskin??? As you say, if we bet, it's as a bluff, so there's no other option than to jam the lot in....... I had him pegged on a flush draw, in which case, it's very possible I could have the best hand......... I thought I could represent an overpair well with the action so far....... And Hoggerty McHogg, you surely HAVE to c bet that flop!!!The hands that can continue given the action pre are soooooooo sparce. I bet sparce wudda c bet it ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Only if i know that both my opponants have a fold button.

You may be repping an overpair but they may not know that! They have 2 little pretty picture cards better than yours and fish away.

It is precisely why you are unsure what to do on the turn why i would have waited a little bit to watch these players before committing (or contemplating committing) my entire stack with a weak King! As i said i would prefer a fold pre at that blind level. Maybe im just nitMcnit.

• edited February 2011

When I c bet that board, theres millions of turn cards I can fire again.

It's not c bet 1 time and give up, unless I get 2 callers.

I have a back up plan....

I also have 2 overs..........

Pretty sure u're playing too tight if you fold pre.

I thought the turn was an automatic Jam, the stack size was abit auwkward maybe I shud have bet abit bigger on the flop, to set up a pot sized jam on the turn.

I slammed it in, he called with 6-2o.

gg ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Haha solid read YG ;)
  • edited February 2011
    Pre is fine.

Flop is ok I think on paired boards when its checked to you, you can bet like 250.

Don't mind a jam turn but personally in a £5 tournie vs a random he calls here with ANY pair a lot IMO.
  • edited February 2011
    You have to give up on the turn which is pretty gay but oh wells