You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheating in the SNGs

edited February 2011 in Area 51

Ok, let me set the seen, sat down in £5 sng. 2 players knocked out early. Blinds 100-200 and 150-300.
big stack to the left of me, short stack to the left of him. I'm in third with about 2200 shorty has about 800 and big stack has 7000+ 2nd pos 3000+.

Shorty sits out, big stack just stealing everything, I think ok as long as this carries on, i make the money. Shorty gets down to 450 still sat out and i have dropped to about 1200 folding away. Then the big stack starts raising mine and the 2nd pos blinds and folding to the shorty who is sat out. I'm thinking WTF, the cheating *****. After a few rounds of the big stack folding to the shorty and raising me and the other guy, i think I'm gonna have to start shoving here, the big stack is going to do everything he can to make sure the shorty gets in the cash, what happens, big stack calling me every chance he gets and still folding to the shorty.

BB was 300 at this stage and the shorty was on 450, yet the big stack continues to fold to him and raise me and the other guy in 2nd pos. anyway i shove and get called by guess who? He gets there and I'm out in 4th. Just struck me as cheating and i wondered if anyone else had come across the same type of thing when playing SNGs on Sky Poker?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Cheating in the SNGs:
    Ok, let me set the seen, sat down in £5 sng. 2 players knocked out early. Blinds 100-200 and 150-300. big stack to the left of me, short stack to the left of him. I'm in third with about 2200 shorty has about 800 and big stack has 7000+ 2nd pos 3000+. Shorty sits out, big stack just stealing everything, I think ok as long as this carries on, i make the money. Shorty gets down to 450 still sat out and i have dropped to about 1200 folding away. Then the big stack starts raising mine and the 2nd pos blinds and folding to the shorty who is sat out. I'm thinking WTF, the cheating *****. After a few rounds of the big stack folding to the shorty and raising me and the other guy, i think I'm gonna have to start shoving here, the big stack is going to do everything he can to make sure the shorty gets in the cash, what happens, big stack calling me every chance he gets and still folding to the shorty. BB was 300 at this stage and the shorty was on 450, yet the big stack continues to fold to him and raise me and the other guy in 2nd pos. anyway i shove and get called by guess who? He gets there and I'm out in 4th. Just struck me as cheating and i wondered if anyone else had come across the same type of thing when playing SNGs on Sky Poker?
    Posted by salazar
    If you think you see any form of cheating on the site report it to customer services, their details are at the bottom of the page, they will look into it and deal with it as appropriate.
  • edited February 2011
    report it sounds like u got a good case here
  • edited February 2011
    Scope 'em to see if they play at the same tables all the time, if they do you're case is much stronger.

While we're talking about SnGs, DYMs have recently been permanently removed from Poker Stars because they feel it's impossible to prevent collusion. They've been replaced by a similar format called 50-50.
  • edited February 2011
    I have reported the two players involved so we will just have to wait and see what happens. Seems like DYM's are just a waste of time, get 2 or 3 people on the same table and it can be worked to make sure they get in the money. It's just cheating and i won't be playing anymore of them until they can assure me this won't happen again, which I don't think they will be able to do.