You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU Cash at Micro stakes + the rake

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
just thought I would try this for the first time at 4p/8p

Started with max amount of £8 as did my opponent

We played for 8 or 9 minutes before he/she  went skint, but I only ended up with £13.45 which meant the rake had taken £2.55 in less than 10 minutes. I thought this was a bit extreme at this level as it equates to over 30Big Blinds

I,m trying to play more HU to practise

I don,t fully understand the rake tbh but would i be better playing at a higher level but only putting down £10 for example?

Or maybe stick to the set limit eg £5.50 or £11 etc? and play with chips

Comments

• edited February 2011
    You have to stick at it, if you have a big edge you will win just ignore the rake.

I had game in past i start with 20 opponent 10, i stacked him about 3 times and ended up with £22 or something silly so now i only really play Sit n go heads up
  • edited February 2011

Played HU with a mid-stakes reg for a laugh 1 time, we played nl4 for an hour..........

Obv the stakes were low for our bankroll, and we were just playing for fun, so the game was really loose and aggressive, with lots of big pots....

In an hour, we paid 3 buy ins worth of rake.

300xbb's

Ridic.

Get the Irish man on the case - Tell him not to back down like a wimp this time tho ;)