You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why 2s

edited February 2011 in Area 51
been done twice with a/k and a/j ,player in b/blind would not let his blind go with my 4 times raise yet they had 9/2 - k/2 respestive 4 handed top 3 three paid, and amazing ( not ) 2/2x hit flop, sorry this is really xxxx me off

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I've started to make all my raises in the 2.2 / 2.5 x BB range.  Mainly to control pot size.  Makes folding post flop oh so much easier and, even if short, gives you one last chance to open shove after the hand you would have made it 4 x BB with.  Just gives you more options in the hand, then gives you AN OPTION if the hand doesnt connect well. 

We raise 4 x BB to push out the rag hands.  But if people aren't goint to fold their junk hands @ 4 x BB why bother?  Keep the bet size at something you can control.  Plus you have the added benefit of keeping in the hands your dominating.
  • edited February 2011

It aint all about the cards.

+1 to opening smaller.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: why 2s:
    It aint all about the cards. +1 to opening smaller.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This +1.

The other evening on the 2p/4p cash tables I joined a table and the first 10 or so hands out of about 15 I had some great cards. Of course I raised pre-flop everytime and eventually started getting more and more callers. Eventually my pair of aces got busted with somebody playing 7 5 off suit who hit two pairs.

Later on when you think about it, they probably thought I was just playing loose and had nothing after seeing me raising 70% of my cards pre-flop.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: why 2s:
    In Response to Re: why 2s : This +1. The other evening on the 2p/4p cash tables I joined a table and the first 10 or so hands out of about 15 I had some great cards. Of course I raised pre-flop everytime and eventually started getting more and more callers. Eventually my pair of aces got busted with somebody playing 7 5 off suit who hit two pairs. Later on when you think about it, they probably thought I was just playing loose and had nothing after seeing me raising 70% of my cards pre-flop.
    Posted by AcidMan27

Yep that would definitely change the odds of AA holding up against 75os.

• edited February 2011
    I wasn't talking about odds, I meant that would explain why somebody called a 5x raise pre-flop with 75os.