You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

my hand shown on the primo

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic

sorry but im not sure how to get my hand to show on here but it was hand 341381058 of the primo
my stack was 8000 plus small stack 1050 big blind aprox 11000
i was on the button with k8 off small stack in the small blind,another big stack in the big blindblinds 75 150 so i decide to steal thinking small stack may go all in with nothing and i have enough to call him.i raise x 2 450 small stack goes all in for 1050 then then big blind just calls
im left with only 675 to call into a pot of 3375 im sure the big blind wants me to call or reraise so put him on ks or aces but still make the call as i think im getting value as if i hit  very big im sure the big stack is going to find it very hard to get away from his hand
did i do anything wrong was i getting the right odds ,edd giddins did make a comment on the hand
as it played out
the resu;lt of the hand was there was a k high flop big blind bet and i imediately folded was quite suprized that he only had ak he wins the hand im quite happy to have risked the 675 chips for what i thought had i hit massive was going to be a pot of aprox 20,000 chips 
ps finished aprox 25th went out with pocket nines to a simular stack i pushed all in he called wit a 5 off
wanted to get edd to have another look at the hand and give second thoughts when he has more time to analizebut dont know how to send him a pm could anyone tell me how to contact him with a pm

Comments

• edited February 2011
    i would call but its more to do with trying to bust out a player rather than because i want to trip 2pair+ and double up. nice fold on flop as people rarely bluff into dry sidepots
  • edited February 2011
    I think I seen this hand.

I thought the small blind had a bigger stack than that and just re-raised your button raise and then the BB called.

And then you called also.

SB jammed the flop with JT (open ended?) and BB called with top pair AK.

And you made a disciplined fold.

I might be getting mixed up with a different hand though.

The fact you made the call pre and folded on the flop I think is fine as you showed discipline to fold when you hit but didn't hit massive.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: my hand shown on the primo:
    I think I seen this hand. I thought the small blind had a bigger stack than that and just re-raised your button raise and then the BB called. And then you called also. SB jammed the flop with JT (open ended?) and BB called with top pair AK. And you made a disciplined fold. I might be getting mixed up with a different hand though. The fact you made the call pre and folded on the flop I think is fine as you showed discipline to fold when you hit but didn't hit massive.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    yes sorry it was my mistake small stack did have more chips, but i still think it was worth a call as i was allways going to fold if i didnt hit massive. and was still left with 8000 chips blinds still only 75/150 thanks for your comments busto