You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Leaguestars Freeroll - Bubble Hand

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ACEGOONER Small blind  2000.00 2000.00 21250.00
eddie2 Big blind  4000.00 6000.00 28053.75
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

Hotwheals Fold     
safc20 Fold     
spohc Fold     
pokermask Fold     
ACEGOONER Call  2000.00 8000.00 19250.00
eddie2 Check     
Flop

• K

ACEGOONER All-in  19250.00 27250.00 0.00
eddie2 Call  19250.00 46500.00 8803.75
ACEGOONER Show
  • K
  • Q

eddie2 Show

Turn

River

• J

eddie2 Win Three 3s 46500.00  55303.75

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Ok above is my demise hand, as some of you know I was gutted yesterday. I want to learn how I should have played this.

Eddie 2 was an aggressive player who I was very wary of. Generally I wouldnt limp in but it was bubble time and I was feeling good had a not unreasonable chip stack. In previous hands I had folded pocket jacks when kq and pocket 6s went all in and hit trips 6s. I folded AQ against pocket aces when my opponent was all in, easy fold I know but the pressure was building.

So I get dealt KQ didnt really want to push with it given only one more player had to be knocked out for me to qualify. I decided to limp I almost wanted eddie to push so I had an easy fold. He flat called. So the flop comes and its my turn, I get a massive dose of overconfidence and decide its time to take it down, push all in and he snap calls. The rest is history.

Thoughts please........
  • edited February 2011

you should have raised pre, as it's on the bubble the guy may have even folded 33 but as you say he was aggro i doubt it, vul tho what a cruel flop!
    you mention you limped and were folding to a shove, if thats the case just fold pre, very tight i know but on the bubble with a reasonable stack and against an aggro player it's not the worse thing to do imo

• edited February 2011
    Snap shove pre, job's a good 'un.
  • edited February 2011
    ye gotta shove pre m8!

• edited February 2011
    Im pretty sure he would have called gregg, as I said he was agg and he had me covered. In most situations I push but this time if I had a chance to do it again its a fold. On the other table kriskky was trying to knock the shortie out each hand.
  • edited February 2011
    You can't fold pre in the small blind after being folded round with 5 Bigs, you just can't.

Also results orientated poker FTW.
  • edited February 2011
    If you fold you have 3 full rounds of the table left, even if you factor in a blind increase.

If you use the time bar properly, and the table does likewise, that's around 10 minutes of play......

What position were you?

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Leaguestars Freeroll - Bubble Hand:
    If you fold you have 3 full rounds of the table left, even if you factor in a blind increase. If you use the time bar properly, and the table does likewise, that's around 10 minutes of play...... What position were you?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I was 6th or 7th definately not the shortie. What you say makes a lot of sense.

I want to play eddie heads up on my manor!

But im pleased that being relatively inexperienced at MTTs I went so deep.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Leaguestars Freeroll - Bubble Hand:
    Ok above is my demise hand, as some of you know I was gutted yesterday. I want to learn how I should have played this. Eddie 2 was an aggressive player who I was very wary of. Generally I wouldnt limp in but it was bubble time and I was feeling good had a not unreasonable chip stack. In previous hands I had folded pocket jacks when kq and pocket 6s went all in and hit trips 6s. I folded AQ against pocket aces when my opponent was all in, easy fold I know but the pressure was building. So I get dealt KQ didnt really want to push with it given only one more player had to be knocked out for me to qualify. I decided to limp I almost wanted eddie to push so I had an easy fold. He flat called. So the flop comes and its my turn, I get a massive dose of overconfidence and decide its time to take it down, push all in and he snap calls. The rest is history. Thoughts please........
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    The opponent is one im well aware of and one ive had alot of 200BB+ pots with at NL4. Hes clever in using his image, id say raise pre, but knowing his hand effects me saying that as i know he'll happily stack pre with 3's.

There for i say i do the exact same although i raise pre, but i also go but, because of the opponent.
  • edited February 2011
    If im playing its a shove pre but depends on how near the bubble is and how much the small stack has
  • edited February 2011
    If you weren't the shortie in the tourney and were placed 6/7th out of 11 players - then use timer to the maximum before folding!! 
  • edited February 2011
    You're unlucky he hit a set, but I fold pre-flop here too if 6th/7th of 11 in a satellite right on the bubble (in any other sort of tournament I'm all-in pre unless there are at least 2 shoves before my turn to act). And until Sky bring in hand-for-hand I will also unashemedly stall by running the time bar all the way down every time it's my turn to act until somebody gets knocked out.
  • edited February 2011
    I know your 7/11 and were on the bubble BUT this is always a shove, the bloke in the big blind will be just as 'scared' of the bubble as you are, if you push there are only 8/9 hands he could possibly call with !! I know you said he's loosey goosy BUT if he knows what he's doing then its a relatively easy fold for him given the circumstances...Also do what Doh says, you have a bit of an advantage having 6 players on your table while the other as 5 :)