You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was I unlucky, or should I have seen this coming?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
play4fun Small blind   40.00 40.00 2410.00
ALIGHOTMAN Big blind   80.00 120.00 1852.50
  Your hole cards
  • K

iamaaron03 Fold        
tr8ce Fold        
who_am_i Call   80.00 200.00 5037.50
jugglegeek Raise   320.00 520.00 5040.00
play4fun Fold        
ALIGHOTMAN Call   240.00 760.00 1612.50
who_am_i Fold        
Flop

• K
  • K

ALIGHOTMAN Check        
jugglegeek Check        
Turn

• A

ALIGHOTMAN Check        
jugglegeek Check        
River

ALIGHOTMAN All-in   1612.50 2372.50 0.00
jugglegeek Call   1612.50 3985.00 3427.50
ALIGHOTMAN Show
  • J
  • K

jugglegeek Show
  • K

ALIGHOTMAN Win Three Kings 3985.00   3985.00

Comments

• edited February 2011

I think he checks the turn and river, hoping for you to bet so then he can re-raise you, his last chance was to go all-in to either get you to fold if he didn't have a king he wouldn't of gone all in, unless he was a very aggressive player hoping to bluff you.

you only had k 5, i would of personally folded.

• edited February 2011
    The chips were probably going all-in post flop whenever the betting started, so unlucky in a way I suppose. But you can't really be over confident here, by the river you're losing to AK, K6+, QJ, 66, TT, AA, all possible calling hands preflop (though if I were him I'd 3-bet shoving some of those). He has to be bluffing/beaten more than two thirds of the time for your call to be profitable. His shove was a good move, it's hard to read and does smell like a possible bluff, overbets like this can be surprisingly successful.
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Was I unlucky, or should I have seen this coming?:
    Fold pre
    Posted by The_Don90
    +1 even with position i fold pre here
  • edited February 2011
    i like the pre flop agressive play here, i dont think there is much wrong with it. However you need to remember its a bluff and alighotman should have quite good cards to call. I would of kept playing aggressively after the flop and on the turn as this gives you some insight of the other players hand. eg if you raise 700-1000 after the flop and alighotman calls or raises the alarm bells are ringing from the start.
  • edited February 2011
    I wouldn't raise with that sort of hand pre as post flop it can get tricky but saying that why didn't you bet the flop when the board is so dangerous, yes you have trips but str8/flush draws, you need to charge.

Then on turn after being checked to twice where is the value bet surely you think your good here?

On river I snap the shove off and say nice hand.