You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

to nitty a fold?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok

This hand is pretty simple. Folded to button who limps,

I have JQ suited in SB knowing that both SB and button are complete fish - explain later - i raise. I know both these opponents range is alot wider than my holding.

Flop comes and he min raises, i bet mostly for value out of Ax which i know he'll call with.

Hes a complete fish and has done this with just TPTK before. However hes seen nearly every flop limp calling, and post flop ive only seen him raise with TPTK

2.20 deepie at night.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  40.00 40.00 10495.00
aBig blind  80.00 120.00 4162.50
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

bFold     
cFold     
xCall  80.00 200.00 9890.00
The_Don90 Raise  200.00 400.00 10295.00
aFold     
xCall  160.00 560.00 9730.00
Flop

• J

The_Don90 Bet  280.00 840.00 10015.00
xRaise  560.00 1400.00 9170.00
The_Don90 Fold     
xMuck     
xWin  1120.00  10290.00
xReturn  280.00 0.00 10570.00

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to to nitty a fold?:
    Ok This hand is pretty simple. Folded to button who limps, I have JQ suited in SB knowing that both SB and button are complete fish
    Posted by The_Don90

awesome.

i normally peel flop fold turn UI but it depends on stack sizes
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: to nitty a fold?:
    In Response to to nitty a fold? : awesome. i normally peel flop fold turn UI but it depends on stack sizes
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Hahaha

Good read on yourself there Don. :-D
  • edited February 2011
    haha solid read
  • edited February 2011
    Personally Don I'm not a massive fan of raising it up with that sort of hand from the SB, on the button 100% raising but your OOP post flop and have to hit hard. Once the button has limped he isn't folding very often especially to that raise, if you want to win it pre which I'm sure you do make it like 250 but again I'm not a fan, much prefer to limp along and try and hit a big flop with a gr8 drawing hand.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: to nitty a fold?:
    Personally Don I'm not a massive fan of raising it up with that sort of hand from the SB, on the button 100% raising but your OOP post flop and have to hit hard. Once the button has limped he isn't folding very often especially to that raise, if you want to win it pre which I'm sure you do make it like 250 but again I'm not a fan, much prefer to limp along and try and hit a big flop with a gr8 drawing hand.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    This is a point id also like to address, as someone who is told i raise too much but by others am told i limp too much - maybe i just play too much and do too much of everything lol.

Anyways limping was always an option on my mind, however i considered my opponents and thought raising maybe better in this situation.

Button was a serial limp caller, which meant i felt i was crushing their range and want to charge them to hit with their any two.

BB was a simple player, clever intheir game and one of the few low stakes players who i admit "annoys" me and admittedly alot of that is not understanding their game as much as id like to, ive played with them alot and know any gapping cards (suited or not) and any two suited is in their range and should they flop a draw or pair they just wont fold. The other thing to note about this player is they dont vbluff, also to note is this doesnt matter as they fold pre on this occassion.

So i felt the raise was correct for pre flop and it got me to one opponent whos range i crush and i also have the  betting lead. Which means if i miss and they miss i can bet and take the pot on the flop adding a few extra Blinds to my stack.

However can i ask why you feel the limp is better?

Also for Lol_Raise say i call this min raise from my opponent and the turn comes say a Q or another 8, how do you play it from there? How would you play it if it was a complete blank e.g. a 2.

Sorry for all these added questions my post flop game needs some serious work.