You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Priority Club - Pursuit Thread

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
so im gonna make a run at racking up 10k points this month to get into the 'Priority Club', gonna be 6-8 tabling NL50 for 1-2 hours a day, hopefully more on my days off.... hope i dont go busto before :-S

wish me luck

any1 already a member? rakeback seems half decent, £275, any1 enjoying any other benefits?

any1 else making a run at it?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Sky Priority Club - Pursuit Thread:
    so im gonna make a run at racking up 10k points this month to get into the 'Priority Club', gonna be 6-8 tabling NL50 for 1-2 hours a day, hopefully more on my days off.... hope i dont go busto before :-S wish me luck any1 already a member? rakeback seems half decent, £275, any1 enjoying any other benefits? any1 else making a run at it?
    Posted by sikas
    GL IN THE QUEST, HOPE YOU DO UP DATES ON HOW YOUR FAIRING, I`M RUNNING AWAY FROM IT LOL
  • edited February 2011

This was my plan, in January, when my new PC was due to be delivered.

It was late, so I decided to delay it until Febuary....

It was late again, so my priority club mission is on hold again...

Fingers crossed for March..........

Never got above 5k points before though :(
  • edited February 2011
    well its Feb 14th and im sitting with a shade over 4.6k points so should gonna be close, gonna have a 2-3 hours sesh tonight hopefully so that'll be good for 500 odd points i reckon

any1 worked out the rakeback? assuming i was an STT/MTT player 10k points would equate to £1k in rake a month then u would get £275 back, which is 27.5% which is quite competetive, even more so with more points, less so with less etc... any1 worked it out for Cash games hands tho, its raked differently...
  • edited February 2011
    I'm playing similar to you... I do 9 tables of 50nl for 1 - 2 hours a day, and more at weekends. What I would say to you is don't play more than you can manage. The main bonus for priority club IMO is the 25% C4P bonus (which you won't get unless you make 10k+ 2 months running) which for 10k is about £68.  Be honest with yourself, is it worth pushing your limits to gain about £100 over a whole month when you could easily lose that by not being able to keep up with the game. Its better to make a consistant profit than to rely on the rakeback.

Don't get me wrong its a great bonus. Last month I made 12k point and got £435 back which is almost 9 buyins, so considering I play 9 tables its just like sky paying for all my sit downs and letting me keep what I stand with.

I am doing some RR's though to qualify for the STT route onto TSP and that generates a lot of rake so 10k is a good target.

Goodluck with your quest and looks like our paths will meet alot.

• edited February 2011
    bit of a sick session, was up 4 BI earlier today just dropped 5BI, AA and KK both cracked by ppl 3bet setmining, flopped str8 vs flopped flush, str8 vs higher str8 x2 n few shortstackers calling 3bets with A rag when i got QQ JJ etc...

sick swings at 6max

just over 5k points now tho

FAO SKY: can u turn my boomswitch on, it would be greatly appreciated
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Priority Club - Pursuit Thread:
    bit of a sick session, was up 4 BI earlier today just dropped 5BI, AA and KK both cracked by ppl 3bet setmining, flopped str8 vs flopped flush, str8 vs higher str8 x2 n few shortstackers calling 3bets with A rag when i got QQ JJ etc... sick swings at 6max just over 5k points now tho FAO SKY: can u turn my boomswitch on, it would be greatly appreciated
    Posted by sikas
    I think I got your run good. up 7.5 buyins in 1.5 hours :-)
  • edited February 2011
    yeah i see you double thru a few times, must be nice

anyway werent happy so had another lil sesh back up 3 BI, so a decent day

5.2k points ....4.8k more to go

• edited February 2011
    How are you getting on with this?

I only joined this month, I notice I have 2500 so I wont make it. What does this priority club give you.
  • edited February 2011
    How are you getting on with this? I only joined this month, I notice I have 2500 so I wont make it. What does this priority club give you.
    Posted by blehhh
    Access to tikays manbag.
  • edited February 2011
    How are you getting on with this? I only joined this month, I notice I have 2500 so I wont make it. What does this priority club give you.
    Posted by blehhh[/QUOTE

Uh not much by the looks of it, I qualified last month and have heard nothing!
  • edited February 2011
    jus a lil update at 7.7k points now....8 days to go

had a huuuge 12 BI downswing the other day, was horrible (concoction of some sick beats and monkey tilt) but then made 3 BI then 7 BI more so nearly got it back

any else experience swings this brutal?

whats the recommended BR for 4-6 tabling 6max, i know ppl say 20 BI should be enough but it clearly aint, its gotta be nearer 50 BI
  • edited February 2011
    jus a lil update at 7.7k points now....8 days to go had a huuuge 12 BI downswing the other day, was horrible (concoction of some sick beats and monkey tilt) but then made 3 BI then 7 BI more so nearly got it back any else experience swings this brutal? whats the recommended BR for 4-6 tabling 6max, i know ppl say 20 BI should be enough but it clearly aint, its gotta be nearer 50 BI
    Posted by sikas
    yeah at least 50.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Priority Club - Pursuit Thread : yeah at least 50.
    Posted by pryce6
    Yeah, i was quite surprised what AJS said last night on master cash. He was saying he uses 30 buy-ins for his roll. He must have about a 1/3 of his roll on the tables at one time with him playing so many tables. I always thought pro's had about 50-100 buy-ins just in case they had a big down swing.
    I play with about 30 buy ins but i have a job and when i lost 6 buy ins one day last week through some bad beats and tilt, i felt it big time. If it was my only income, i would have had a rope round my neck, don't know how he does it.
    After that day i felt that i needed atleast 40 buy-ins to cope with bad days like that.
  • edited February 2011
    He just leaves 30 buy ins in his account, and said he's never lost that many in a week, therefore has never needed to top it up.

I guess his bankroll is like a normal persons life savings. 

I'd be surprised if he doesnt have at least 5/6 reloads (180 buy ins) banked, which he is prepared to invest should he ever have a horrific downswing.

• edited February 2011
    Posted by blehhh

you get a phone call asking if everything is going ok, and 25% boost to your c4p bonus.

@ 28k pts now going for the 40k/£2k bonus but its a bit of a grind :/
  • edited February 2011
    He just leaves 30 buy ins in his account, and said he's never lost that many in a week, therefore has never needed to top it up. I guess his bankroll is like a normal persons life savings.  I'd be surprised if he doesnt have at least 5/6 reloads (180 buy ins) banked, which he is prepared to invest should he ever have a horrific downswing.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Lowest my account has got using this strategy is £3500. Vast majority of weeks I have taken profit off. As for reloading I never ever deposit. I do have money in the bank that I could easily but when would it stop. I would rather drop down a level and build it back up as my money in my bank is my future as I have unpredictable future earnings. As for dropping down if I got below 3k I would drop back to 100nl.

Most people do have bigger bank rolls but this works for me so why change it. Plus downswings arnt that great if you are easily beating the games. Do I easily beat 200nl? yes and no. You may notice I am not on every 200nl table that is because if I dont feel that I can easily beat the table I leave it. At times there are some very tought 200nl tables, other times there arnt.

Good luck all with priority club pursuit.
  • edited February 2011
    Any Updates Sikas mate?
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Sky Priority Club - Pursuit Thread : you get a phone call asking if everything is going ok, and 25% boost to your c4p bonus. @ 28k pts now going for the 40k/£2k bonus but its a bit of a grind :/
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

BIG

thats some serious grinding

gl mate
  • edited February 2011
    Any Updates Sikas mate?
    Posted by JIMMYMAD

yeah had a lil sesh tonight up another 4 BI just over 8k points now....7 days left....need to make 285 points a day...im working a 6-day wokring week this week aswell! gonna be clooose!
  • edited February 2011
    Good Luck Mate
  • edited February 2011
    Booom! 10k Points made it! :-) with a few days to spare aswell, pretty bare month tho, finishing up just over 4BI up, dunno if ill do this again
  • edited February 2011
    Booom! 10k Points made it! :-) with a few days to spare aswell, pretty bare month tho, finishing up just over 4BI up, dunno if ill do this again
    Posted by sikas
    Well done Sikas mateyyyy

:)
  • edited February 2011
    have enjoyed reading this thread,well done for acheiving your target.
  • edited February 2011
    well done Sikas and all who have made the 10k points!

I have made it over half way this month (my most ever), i got 5300 and im aiming for 6k for a £125 bonus.

Next month i might have a real push for the 10k points by moving up to 11 quid dyms and above. ( ive only been playing £3.30's and £5.5's so im really happy with my bonus.

• edited February 2011
    Posted by sikas
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

That, Mr sikas, is a quite amazing story.

Even more impressively, you set yourself quite a target there, by going public, & almost making a target for yourself.

What I like most, though, is that you took full responsibility or everything - took your downswings with dignity, just accepted they are part & parcel of poker, never knocked anyone for the way they play, & you got there, without any help.

I need to speak to Mother first, but I'm pretty sure she'd love you to come on 865 as a Special Guest, like Paul Jackson last night, for example, so you can tell everyone about your journey. That'd be awesome.

Top, top, stuff, & my admiration for the way you went about this is total.

You da man!
  • edited February 2011
    wow the mighty Tikay posting in my thread! :-D

that would me an honour Tikay and thank you for even considering it, ive tried updating my contact details but the site wont let me, i guess i can still receive PM's tho. Look forward to hearing from you either way.

Sikas
  • edited February 2011
    wow the mighty Tikay posting in my thread! :-D that would me an honour Tikay and thank you for even considering it, ive tried updating my contact details but the site wont let me, i guess i can still receive PM's tho. Look forward to hearing from you either way. Sikas
    Posted by sikas
    Morning bud.

It's Mother's decision, not mine, but I'm pretty confident she'll want to do this. She is really trying to freshen up 865, different & better Guests, new angles, & I think you'd fit in with that nicely, especially the way you went about it.

Sky Poker should have your contact details - 'phone number, e-addy - from when you signed up, so they can contact you that way if thy decide to move this forward.

What's the target for March?