You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

very 'newbie'

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
A very warm welcome to  The Sky Community Eagles.

one word of advice listen to TRIP5 she's 100% right 100% of the time.................and.....................
that's why we luv her isn't that right skip

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: very 'newbie':
    A very warm welcome to  The Sky Community Eagles. one word of advice listen to TRIP5 she's 100% right 100% of the time.................and..................... that's why we luv her isn't that right skip
    Posted by scouse_red
    I'll pay you later ;oDDD

xx

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: very 'newbie' : I'll pay you later ;oDDD xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    litre of jaegermeister at leeds will do lol xx
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Eagle, welcome to the forum

How can you tilt when you get a big hand?? if you mean when you lose with a big hand you need to either learn to not tilt which can take a while or not play

if you mean you dont know how to play a big hand or get a bit excited etc then i suggest you post a few hands in the poker clinic and you can get some advice by some good players.....and me lol

Good luck at the tables

John
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to very 'newbie':
    Dear TK'  As a 'newbie', I have cleared hurdle number one - I now understand tight play. I now survive a little longer! I have even lasted long enough to win £0.45p on a freeroll! But now I get bored and tilt at the opportunity of a big hand! Should I carry on, or go back to scrabble! U R Brill! 2Eagles
    Posted by 2Eagles[/QUOTE]

Morning my accipitridae friend. (Ooooh!)

Understanding "tight play" is the first lesson of poker - master that, then you can start exploring a few little tricks.

But if you are becoming "bored", you do have a serious poker problem, because you cannot play it well if it bores you.

Have you tried multi-tabling, or different types of poker - Omaha, Hi-Lo, SNG's, DYM's, Heads-Up, etc.,?

Maybe play some "short-handed" poker? Short-handed means you are in action a lot more, always on a decision, & can (& should) loosen up.

If NLHE bores you, have you tried Omaha, or Omaha Hi-Lo? In the former, in every single hand, you have SIX possible hands to evaluate & consider, & their value changes as the streets are dealt. In the latter, you have the same SIX starting hands, but now you are playing TWO DIFFERENT pots at once, so now we have TWELVE starting hands to handle.
    2-Table that, & think about the nuances, & you cannot possibly get bored!

It troubles me greatly to hear players say "poker is boring", because you will not perform optimally if you are bored, so you need to try something to freshen the game up.

Let me know how you get on, please, & good luck.

Majestic creatures, Eagles, eh?

• edited February 2011
    Tight play gets you nowhere tikay ;-) lol!
  • edited February 2011
    Tight play gets you nowhere tikay ;-) lol!
    Posted by Wacko90
    Maybe, but I'll never go skinto, & that'll do for me. ;)
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: very 'newbie' : Maybe, but I'll never go skinto, & that'll do for me. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ah so this is why i always lose my money ;) i should take you advice more often....
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: very 'newbie' : Maybe, but I'll never go skinto, & that'll do for me. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    plays 1 hand an hour, always against me, always with Kings or Aces. And that's not even a lie!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: very 'newbie' : plays 1 hand an hour, always against me, always with Kings or Aces. And that's not even a lie!
    Posted by pryce6
    Confirmed.
  • edited February 2011
    "Accipitridae"

eh?
  • edited February 2011
    "Accipitridae" eh?
    Posted by Ploppy33
    His name was "Eagle", & Eagles are Members of that family.

Here, for you to enjoy at untold length, is something which explains it all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accipitridae

Read it carefully, I'll be asking questions later. ;)

I did not intend to whoosh anyone, but I like to bring a litttle originality & "freshness" to the replies to FAQ's. So I sometimes mess with names, or whatever. We get out of this Community what we put into it, & all that.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: very 'newbie' : His name was "Eagle", & Eagles are Members of that family. Here, for you to enjoy at untold length, is something which explains it all. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accipitridae Read it carefully, I'll be asking questions later. ;) I did not intend to whoosh anyone, but I like to bring a litttle originality & "freshness" to the replies to FAQ's. So I sometimes mess with names, or whatever. We get out of this Community what we put into it, & all that.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you sir

Now suitably enlightened, however not sure they should be using words like "morphology" in the 1st sentance as was confused all over again!

Not sure when I'm going to get to use it in a sentance but you never know!