You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Omaha convert

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Starting to get into Omaha after Monday's ARL tournie. Great craic. Altho was Pwned by James and TempusFuget and finished an ok 15th [credit to Tikay for this position]

Is there anything in the pipes for an an 8pm Omaha [Open] type main event ; £22 with 4k guaranteed? Toggled every other week with with the lower stakes BH for main slot perhaps?

Wonder if the studio software is compatible with Omaha? 

I for one would be really intrigued to watch highlighted hands from an Omaha tournie/final table with expert analysis.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Omaha convert:
    Starting to get into Omaha after Monday's ARL tournie. Great craic. Altho was Pwned by James and TempusFuget and finished an ok 15th [credit to Tikay for this position] Is there anything in the pipes for an an 8pm Omaha [Open] type main event ; £22 with 4k guaranteed? Toggled every other week with with the lower stakes BH for main slot perhaps? Wonder if the studio software is compatible with Omaha?  I for one would be really intrigued to watch highlighted hands from an Omaha tournie/final table with expert analysis.
    Posted by dtm75
    To be honest, DTM, "no" to both!

Omaha is very much a minority interest in Poker, sad to say, & I cannot ever see sufficient demand to make it a Main Event. Everyone wants insta-gratification NLH, which is easy to learn up to basic competenence level, hence it's popularity.

The studio software does not work for Omaha, if there were sufficient demand, it could easily be made to, though. Omaha is almost never shown on TV, because so few people understand it.

Sad, but true, but we can't all have what we want, I'm afraid. I wish Omaha was "the game of choice", or even Stud, but it's not. 
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Omaha convert:
    sad to say, & I cannot ever see sufficient demand to make it a Main Event
    That's a shame; but understand wholly the/your reasoning behind this. I credit any* improvements I've made in NLHE to inwardly digesting 865's advice and would have enjoyed the opportunity to watch in-depth analysis of PLO.

Regardless, will try and join in on the Omaha tournies as and when they run and try and learn from play and forum. 

Cheers

* this is debatable :D

• edited February 2011
    Omaha is Awesome 

Need to get my Head around HiLo next 

• edited February 2011
    In Response to Omaha Convert:
    Omaha is Awesome  Need to get my Head around HiLo next 
    Posted by JockBMW
    I've played one MTT (got 5 runners) and it was brilliant, but hard to gauge hand strength initially, went a bit overboard with A2xx, someone else had same, we ended with a 1/4 of the pot each, which was a loss! Doh. Luckily a low card came on the river, otherwise i/we could have won nada.

Did get used to it after 30 mins or so.

Thinkers game and I imagine it will take a bit/lot of practice. Great fun tho.

I'll look out for you on the hi-lo tournies (will be playing a lot after half term).

Good luck on the tables
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: Omaha convert:
    In Response to Omaha convert : To be honest, DTM, "no" to both! Omaha is very much a minority interest in Poker, sad to say, & I cannot ever see sufficient demand to make it a Main Event. Everyone wants insta-gratification NLH, which is easy to learn up to basic competenence level, hence it's popularity. The studio software does not work for Omaha, if there were sufficient demand, it could easily be made to, though. Omaha is almost never shown on TV, because so few people understand it. Sad, but true, but we can't all have what we want, I'm afraid. I wish Omaha was "the game of choice", or even Stud, but it's not. 
    Posted by Tikay10
      Tikay, in order to promote Omaha why not have an Omaha freeroll in place of say the 7pm Hold Em , say 1 night per week for a month.??