You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKY POKER FORUM NAPS TABLE

Suppose I had better enter this here comp.

My pseudonym is :-

The Head Lad

Looking forward to other entries

God Bless you all

Father Vaigret

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Interested in Horse Racing, then join this free competition to win free bets from SKY. The Naps table will run from Saturday 26th February 2011 to 9th April 2011, the day of the Grand National and will also include the four days of the Cheltenham Festival.

What do I have to do ?  REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED

Register for the competition by posting on this thread before 12 noon on Friday 25th February 2011. Select one horse from any British race meeting on each Saturday and one horse for each of the days of the Festival. The Festival selections must be from races at Cheltenham but the Saturday selections can come from any race meeting on that day. 
    Selections each day, with name of horse, race time and meeting have to be sent to me by Personal Message or appear on this thread 30 minutes before the start time of the First Race in Britain on each given day. The choice of PM or thread selection is up to you, it depends on how secretive or confident you are. Of course I will post my selections on the thread to avoid any cheating on my part. LOL how could a Father of the cloth cheat I hear you ask !  
    If you wish to Nap under a pseudonym please enter on the thread otherwise you will be be entered in your Sky Poker Name.

How will winners be settled?

Any winner will be settled at starting price to a £1 level win stake.
    If your horse is a non runner the £1 stake will not be deducted from your total.
    Not selecting a horse on any given day results in a £1 loss.

How will the winner of the Naps Table be decided ?

The winner will be the tipster who makes the most profit over the 11 day selection period and the updated table will appear on the start of this thread after each day of the competition so you will know how you are doing.

What are the Prizes ?

First Place - £25 bet with SkySecond Place -£10 bet with SkyThird Place -£5 bet with Sky 

I think I have covered everything but if not i will answer any queries if posted on this thread and REMEMBER, If you are really confident about your selection get on at SKY BET to see if you can get better odds to boost your personal pot of gold. By the way don't follow my tips, they are rubbish!!!

I hope you think my idea is good, that you will enter and encourage your Sky Poker buddies to take part as well.

God Bless you all Father Vaigret 

We have 48 Entries -Good Luck all

Don't forget our Freeroll on Monday night at 7pm for the forty players who logged at least one nap to 2nd April. See details on page 30 of the thread. 

The Final Table.
    Well done everybody for a great competition.

First Place

FINS £22 in profit wins £25 Free Bet from SKY BET

Joint Second Place

The Head Lad (vaigret) and splashies £15 in profit each win a £10 Free Bet from Sky Bet

NameSelectionMeetingWin oddsWLNRNSProfitFINSHello BudA 4.15L380022.00The Head LadQuinzA 4.15L281015.00splashiesMajestic ConcordeA 4.15L1100015.00BADBOY985EspyW 6.20L47009.75chrispipSilver By NatureA 4.15L38009.50NorbitReve De SivolaA 3.25L29009.00goodylad21NO SELECTION--24058.00kaymacBecauseicouldntseeA 4.15L19103.00NINSNANNYPrince de BeucherneA 3.25W 10-117212.00MAXALLYSkippers BrigA 4.15L28001.75UKjoeNO SELECTION--26031.50Any2SuitedDooneys GateA 4.15L110002.00billybootsBluesea CrackerA 4.15L110002.00AndybuckOrzareA 5.00L19015.50TENOFSPADENO SELECTION--100105.50littlelouWest End RockerA 4.15L18115.67moonoooMajestic ConcordeA 4.15L19106.25Kiwini4uSkippers BrigA 4.15L18029.09kalooki8NO SELECTION--0<td width="36" valign="top" style="border-right:windowtext 1pt solid;padding-right:5.4pt;border-top:#f0f0f0;padding-
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
    Sounds good  - I,m for it

So if I was to put my selection  on the 3.30 at newmarket and the first race of the day was 12.30 at Southwell i would have to post by 12pm?

Cheers
    Paul - Ps are you really a father? ( in the church that is )
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011

Hi YOUNG GUN you are in.

So are you MP33 and yes you would have to get your nap in by 12 noon as per your example. By the way not real Father of the cloth, see my profile details,

thanks both for your support

Father Vaigret

• edited February 2011

Yea count me in.
  • edited February 2011
             I will give it a go :)

• edited February 2011
    Thanks Jbuss, Norbit and chew07

You are all in
  • edited February 2011
    Sounds good to me Father - IM IN !!
  • edited February 2011
    goodylad

you are in my son
  • edited February 2011

Wooooooooooo gambling based competitions ftw.

I'm in, DOHHHHHHHs Donkeys.
  • edited February 2011

I'm in......... might bring some luck

Keith
  • edited February 2011
    Doh and kaymac you are both in.

Sorry Doh I have had to take some H's out of your pseudonym to fit in on my chart.

You are DOHS Donkeys

Bless you all
  • edited February 2011
    GREAT COMPETION THANKS FOR DOING IT FATHER
    COUNT ME IN
    GOOD LUCK ALL MAY YOUR GODS BEWITH YOU
  • edited February 2011
    put me in for that please
  • edited February 2011
    please enter me Father...P.S..great to hear from u again.

FITZ.................gl at tables all.
  • edited February 2011

Great idea Terry put me down for it .
  • edited February 2011

Can you put me down please father.. should be a good laugh. May all our bets be profitable...aaaaamen! Dave.

• edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011
  • edited February 2011

Forgive me father for I have sinned. Hang on, gambling is not a sin after all and as I dont drink or swear, I should be one of the disciples! :)

Anyway, I am in.

Q. What does Nap mean?
  • edited February 2011
    im hoping he missed the "S" off snap
  • edited February 2011

Hi all,

Badboy, Ninsnanny, Fitzer, Irishrover,any2suited,wynne19838, Kiwini4u and maxally you are all entered.

Alan, good question

Definition - "A horse that a tipster is almost certain will win"

Its derogative is probably from Napoleon , going Nap etc but not sure. Very good question , it has always been used in horse racing to  denote a tipsters top tip.

god bless all#

Father Vaigret

• edited February 2011
    Count me in please :)
  • edited February 2011

Sounds like fun,count me in please
  • edited February 2011
    Count me in please, even though I'm hopeless on horses.
  • edited February 2011
    Hi Fitzer,

good to talk to you to mate, long time no hear.

slaverchop, jackda, splashies and TENOFSPADE

You are all in.

God bless you all
  • edited February 2011
    Hi, count me in please....but a word of warning, a horse that I pick may still be running the next day!
  • edited February 2011
    i am up for this one
    plz put my name down father