You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BH help

edited February 2011 in Poker Chat
Hey i have played 4 BH games so far 750 500 200 200 i have been on the final table on 3 of them won one 4th on one and 2nd on another.

But when i play higher level BH's i just dont seem to play the same and make alot more mistakes than the lower levels. Am i playing above my level?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    If you're not playing your normal game and are making more mistakes then you must be altering how your play.

You will have to analyze what exactly you're doing differently.

Maybe the higher buyin is making you too cautious.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to BH help:
    Hey i have played 4 BH games so far 750 500 200 200 i have been on the final table on 3 of them won one 4th on one and 2nd on another. But when i play higher level BH's i just dont seem to play the same and make alot more mistakes than the lower levels. Am i playing above my level?
    Posted by myg0tDeath
    It takes much longer to thin the field down in the bigger bounty hunters, so my rule of thumb is to play less hands per hour in the bigger bounty hunter tournies for the first few levels.

The smaller bounty hunters tend to have a field of around 150 or so players, whereas the larger ones can have 300+ so initially we want to sit tight & only play premium hands until we have halved the field.

Yes we want to take some heads, but we also want to survive, so even if we only play one premium hand in the first hour and double up we will be on course to start putting the pressure on and start taking heads when the field has narrowed and the blinds have increased.

Good Luck at the tables.