You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

More DYM QQ Fun

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
If you read about SnG strategy and DYM strategy in particular you will most likely read that this is a fold. However, on a 6 max table at the lower limits, my own experience led me to think that, against an unknown opponent, it is profitable to stack off here with JJ. That was certainly my general rule.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    It is funny but since we had the discusion on folding QQ I have seen a lot of it.

Certainly not complaining but wanted to post this one as I really did consider the fold as it was 1st hand and I did not eant to risk being first out.

I figured the raise was speculative and the all-in had little substance to back it up as the hands beating me would likely call me if they were familiar with DYMs. I have seen many speculative opening hands in DYM's to try to get a jump on the chip stack and not once seen an outcome where the raiser was so strong.

How wrong was I but fortunately I got lucky!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancefutsalrefSmall blind 10.0010.001990.001Big blind 20.0030.001980.00 Your hole cardsQQ   2Raise 80.00110.001920.003Fold    4Fold    5Fold    futsalrefRaise 190.00300.001800.001Fold    2Raise 1840.002140.0080.00futsalrefCall 1720.003860.0080.00Flop  K7Q   futsalrefAll-in 80.003940.000.002All-in 80.004020.000.00futsalrefShowQQ   2ShowAA   Turn  J   River  J   futsalrefWinFull House, Queens and Jacks4020.00 4020.00
  • edited February 2011

Thanks for the post John.

Pardon my ignorance but are you saying that your own experience showed that JJ and above were profitable at lower limits calling the all-in even thought general strategy suggests a fold?

Certainly against a player I know as a DYM regular I am likely to fold but at lower limits new players could have anything and from what I have seen it is often not strong, hence I also think that a strong pocket pair can be profitable here.

• edited February 2011
    I probably dont call here facing all in vs unknown, mainly because they have shoved if was reversed and they 3 bet then i would stack of here. I like getting my money in first, also early levels i dont think its worth the risk. You could be against AK/KK/AA but other hands like rag ace are only 70/30 fave this early on is it worth getting them in? obviously that would be ideal vs rag ace but the times people are shoving with the 3 that beat us are going to be more often. if you had a read that they stack of with AQ> then go for it.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: More DYM QQ Fun:
    Thanks for the post John. Pardon my ignorance but are you saying that your own experience showed that JJ and above were profitable at lower limits calling the all-in even thought general strategy suggests a fold? Certainly against a player I know as a DYM regular I am likely to fold but at lower limits new players could have anything and from what I have seen it is often not strong, hence I also think that a strong pocket pair can be profitable here.
    Posted by futsalref
    Yes, exactly, certainly up to the £5.50 level.
    And yes, I think you would be correct to not do it vs regs, but to do it against unknown players.
  • edited February 2011