You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's the move?

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Haidyboy is a reg, pretty standard, but has a few moves, 6810 is a player I'm not too familiar with, he came in short stacked though and has been pretty agro since arriving.

Not sure what notes they have on me but i have been pretty tight on the table thus far but haidy might view me as pretty laggy as I've played with him quite a lot.

Hand History #342830365 (23:31 17/02/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancealexmck13Small blind £0.10£0.10£6.51haidyboyBig blind £0.20£0.30£22.10 Your hole cardsAA   salazarRaise £0.80£1.10£32.87Browny563Fold    RFCGEDDFold    6810Call £0.80£1.90£7.27alexmck13Fold    haidyboyCall £0.60£2.50£21.50Flop  JQ7   haidyboyCheck    salazarBet £1.88£4.38£30.996810All-in £7.27£11.65£0.00haidyboyAll-in £21.50£33.15£0.00salazar?    haidyboy     haidyboy     6810     Turn      River            

Comments

• edited February 2011

Need to know more about haidy boy, having never played him.

Have you ever seen him do anything like this before? You say you have played alot with him

Do you have any specific notes on how he's played hands? 

Can he ever have a draw or AQ here?

Not bothered about the other guy.................

It's a fold if your only info is that haidy is "solid" - This would be a horrific time to make a big bluff, or jam a 1 pair hand.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: What's the move?:
    Need to know more about haidy boy, having never played him. Have you ever seen him do anything like this before? You say you have played alot with him Do you have any specific notes on how he's played hands?  Can he ever have a draw or AQ here? Not bothered about the other guy................. It's a fold if your only info is that haidy is "solid" - This would be a horrific time to make a big bluff, or jam a 1 pair hand.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I haven't got any specific notes on him, i don't tend to keep them, bluffer, fish, solid, multi tabling reg, donkey are my kind of notes

I have played with him a lot, i have him as a multi tabling reg who is normally playing decent cards or atleast suited connectors. Yes, he can have a draw, he can have a set, 2 pair and against me and what he has seen of 6810 he could also have AQ and think it's good.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: What's the move? : I haven't got any specific notes on him, i don't tend to keep them, bluffer, fish, solid, multi tabling reg, donkey are my kind of notes I have played with him a lot, i have him as a multi tabling reg who is normally playing decent cards or atleast suited connectors. Yes, he can have a draw, he can have a set, 2 pair and against me and what he has seen of 6810 he could also have AQ and think it's good.
    Posted by salazar
    You need to work on your notes and/or memory.......

If you've played lots, he must have done this before. Everytime you're at a table and theres a big pot, get the hand history up and make a note on what both players did at each stage of the hand.

You can't call this without a note.

And at least you get to see his hand, so you'll have 1 next time ;)
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: What's the move? : You need to work on your notes and/or memory....... If you've played lots, he must have done this before. Everytime you're at a table and theres a big pot, get the hand history up and make a note on what both players did at each stage of the hand. You can't call this without a note. And at least you get to see his hand, so you'll have 1 next time ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    To be honest I've never seen him do anything that has shocked me, I don't think he would do this with the bare flush draw but maybe some combo type hand. Flush draw with straight draw maybe. I don't pay too much attention to him if i'm honest as he plays it pretty much abc. I tend to make notes on people when they do something a bit out of the norm or something i thought was quite tricky. Otherwise it's just a couple of words to describe what i think.
  • edited February 2011
    its pretty bad him shoving with a draw in this spot its like he has some made hand and he wants you to fold, i would guess JQ
  • edited February 2011

Player
    ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    alexmck13 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £6.51
    haidyboy Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £22.10
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

salazar Raise  £0.80 £1.10 £32.87
    Browny563 Fold     
    RFCGEDD Fold     
    6810 Call  £0.80 £1.90 £7.27
    alexmck13 Fold     
    haidyboy Call  £0.60 £2.50 £21.50
    Flop

• J
    • Q

haidyboy Check     
    salazar Bet  £1.88 £4.38 £30.99
    6810 All-in  £7.27 £11.65 £0.00
    haidyboy All-in  £21.50 £33.15 £0.00
    salazar Fold     
    haidyboy Unmatched bet  £14.23 £18.92 £14.23
    haidyboy Show
    • K

6810 Show
    • Q
    • K

Turn

• J

River

haidyboy Win Flush to the King £17.97  £32.20

As you can see, i decided to fold, i was snap calling 6801 but when haidy came over the top i thought i was beat.

At first i thought i had made a bad fold when the cards were turned over but after stoving it, i found the results as follows:

Me -      overpair -      39.4%
    Haidy - oesd, f,draw    49.3%
    6081 - tp, k, kicker     11.3%
  • edited February 2011
    must admit i have never seen him do that before, i got some notes on him salazar and that wasnt in them! just trying to isolate 6810 i assume. will add this to my notes. good put down by the way.ps the notes on you have just got a line longer to lol
  • edited February 2011

With the hand haidyboy has, is he ever best just flatting behind, hoping that Salazar comes along?

With a hand such as this, more more people/money in the hand, the better?

Always wondered about this ....................  ??? Coz I'd just instinctively jam the draw like hardyboy, if it was that big...................

• edited February 2011
    With the hand haidyboy has, is he ever best just flatting behind, hoping that Salazar comes along? With a hand such as this, more more people/money in the hand, the better? Always wondered about this ....................  ??? Coz I'd just instinctively jam the draw like hardyboy, if it was that big...................
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I think the problem if he does flat is that if he hits the flush he may get no more money, also if a bad card comes down for him like a brick, or in this case one that pairs the board, he is no longer a fav to win the hand.

say if he flats and i decide to aswell, the jack comes down and i shove, i'm pretty sure he would not have the price to call with one card to come

The stats i showed only apply to the flop, there's no way he's a fav on the turn when that Jack comes down.
    I actually quite like the way he played it, he's probably a fav against everything but a set and he wouldn't have been far behind that on the flop.