You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL8 Nitty fold with Kings? discuss please

edited February 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Is this a nitty fold?

I cant remember any reads at mo will post if i think of any but my instinct was that im behind
xBig blind  £0.08 £0.08 £7.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

jambo56 Fold     
fish Call  £0.08 £0.16 £17.25
xx Call  £0.08 £0.24 £2.79
YOUNG_GUN Raise  £0.40 £0.64 £7.58
xCall  £0.32 £0.96 £6.68
fishCall  £0.32 £1.28 £16.93
xxCall  £0.32 £1.60 £2.47
Flop

• Q

xBet  £1.20 £2.80 £5.48
fish Fold     
xxRaise  £2.40 £5.20 £0.07
YOUNG_GUN Fold  

Comments

• ybyb
    edited February 2011
    its an awful fold imo
  • edited February 2011

cheers YB i respect that. the reasons for it the donk bet out i  put on some sort of draw Straight or flush, then with the min re-raise i thought they could have a 9. I wont put up results so soon as i am seeing whether its only me who folds here, im such a nit.....  ;)

• edited February 2011
    The donk lead is a queen, the over-raise is a draw, get it in.
  • ybyb
    edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: NL8 Nitty fold with Kings? discuss please:
    cheers YB i respect that. the reasons for it the donk bet out i  put on some sort of draw Straight or flush, then with the min re-raise i thought they could have a 9. I wont put up results so soon as i am seeing whether its only me who folds here, im such a nit.....  ;)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    they could have a 9 but most times they won't, just get stacks in because you're massively ahead of both of their ranges.
  • edited February 2011
    With what he had left you can't fold there imo.........
  • edited February 2011
    A9 vs Q10 or on them lines i dont think its a terrible fold because when these passive fish start betting they have it, yeah your ahead of their range pf but thats about it, if you get it in you would need the donker to come along
  • edited February 2011
    This is basically still 4NL in essence and from I gathered most bad players ONLY raise with the goods and the minraise is so so so so so bloody horrible in everyway as it leaves 7p behind he really wants a call.

The bet from x is just some weakish Q imo so I'd say it's best sticking it in and trying to win what he has left behind as xx can't hurt you.
  • edited February 2011
    This is basically still 4NL in essence and from I gathered most bad players ONLY raise with the goods and the minraise is so so so so so bloody horrible in everyway as it leaves 7p behind he really wants a call. The bet from x is just some weakish Q imo so I'd say it's best sticking it in and trying to win what he has left behind as xx can't hurt you.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Do you mean only bad players raise with a 9 here, or it is bad for Young_Gun because they have raised??

I hope your not saying he is bad if hes raising with a 9
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to NL8 Nitty fold with Kings? discuss please:
    Is this a nitty fold? I cant remember any reads at mo will post if i think of any but my instinct was that im behind x Big blind   £0.08 £0.08 £7.00   Your hole cards K K       jambo56 Fold         fish  Call   £0.08 £0.16 £17.25 xx  Call   £0.08 £0.24 £2.79 YOUNG_GUN Raise   £0.40 £0.64 £7.58 x Call   £0.32 £0.96 £6.68 fish Call   £0.32 £1.28 £16.93 xx Call   £0.32 £1.60 £2.47 Flop     9 9 Q       x Bet   £1.20 £2.80 £5.48 fish  Fold         xx Raise   £2.40 £5.20 £0.07 YOUNG_GUN Fold  
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    nice image building YG.. :)
    lol honesty i think its a fold here like a few above had said Q for donk bet
    and 9 for min raiser.. fold !!
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: NL8 Nitty fold with Kings? discuss please : Do you mean only bad players raise with a 9 here, or it is bad for Young_Gun because they have raised?? I hope your not saying he is bad if hes raising with a 9
    Posted by 5toneFace
    No I mean MOST bad players just call call call and when they raise they usually have something.

Here the guy has 7p behind so should have went all in but because he's BAD imo he just minraises as he doesn't undertand the game yet to realise it's all going in anyway but thinks oooh I'll just minraise he he he. Raising with the 9 is ok but with his stack it's just an all in.
  • edited February 2011
    In Response to Re: NL8 Nitty fold with Kings? discuss please : No I mean MOST bad players just call call call and when they raise they usually have something. Here the guy has 7p behind so should have went all in but because he's BAD imo he just minraises as he doesn't undertand the game yet to realise it's all going in anyway but thinks oooh I'll just minraise he he he. Raising with the 9 is ok but with his stack it's just an all in.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    you wouldnt believe ive seen people do this then fold to a re-raise would you?

Yea as said i dont think the fold is that bad tbh, At best we're against a Q and a draw. What ive not seen anyone saying is someone would raise to protect a 9 against a draw, or even donk bet a 9 for that reason icase the PFR doesnt make a c-bet?  
  • edited February 2011

Person who donk bet had Q10, other person had 45 suited. so i was ahead when it went in but 45 suited hit flush, so bad fold but good result

• edited February 2011
    even if the minraiser shows you 9x  the sidepot with the original donk bettor will be big enough to make a profit on the hand